View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 03:39 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MOAB GOING BYE BYE ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
I hate to cynically oversimplify, and I might be overlooking something, but I'd say the best bet is/are the one(s) that can raise the most money. E.g., the N.R.A. gets what it wants because it spends truckloads of cash it raises from members on campaigns and issue-specific lobbying. The guys I work with know the right people and methods to get things through Congress--I work on the same floor as a former U.S. Senator who knows this game like the back of his hand. There are other good lobbying shops as well. But they all sell their highly-specialized skills and connections for ridiculously-high fees. The former Senator left the U.S. Senate because he could make $zillions doing this kind of thing. If you pay guys like that a sh!t wad of money, they will push your cause effectively. That's the only real lobbying trick I know. Though there may be other ways to go about it. I'm just a lowly litigator from Kansas.

Is getting them through the same as getting them stopped? I'm going to assume yes.

Our sport is so small, I can see now with this new "perspective" that all outdoorsman, 4 wheelers, motorcyclists, hunters, anglers, campers, snomobilers, ATV'ers and mountainbikers, anyone who has an interest in utilizing public land on wheels, needs to come together with a common goal.

To keep our public lands accessible.

Thanks.