View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 01:33 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Okay, I can't stay away.... looking for another H2.

As many of you recall, I sold my H2 about a month ago. I hadn't really been driving it around much and the thought of paying 750 bucks a month (payments were only 600 but I always pay more) and not driving the truck, to me, was a waste.

So here I am not driving the truck, paying money and gas prices going up.... I figured what the hell, I'll sell her.

Besides, the truck had 103K miles on it and it was only a matter of time before I had to rebuild the trans or something. The supercharger was probably wearing out other components prematurely anyways.

I decided I'd buy something more practical and economical with lower mileage so I bought an '05 Jeep Rubicon. I installed new wheels/tires and a lift.

I drove the truck less than a week to realize it was never going to take the place of my H2.... not even if I just let it sit there and drove it once in a while.

And to top it off, I paid cash for the Jeep which was about a thousand dollars more than what I could have just paid the H2 off for.

Sooooooo, less than a week of driving and I've decided I'm going to build another H2.

I think this time it had to be new so it has the black interior. I want it black or I'll paint it satin black. I want to lower it 3-4 inches and remove all the chrome. I want real tires, no stupid wheel/tire combinations that look like it belongs on a jacked up impala.

I want to remove all the 4WD stuff...ie, brush guard, luggage rack and stuff like that.

A stealthy, lowered, supercharged H2 that looks like it came out of a Mad Max movie....

So, the Jeep is for sale and I'm on the prowl for another H2.

Guess you guys are stuck with me for a while again.

I'll keep ya'll up to date as I start the build.

Mark