View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Winkle Hummer, Reno, NV

I've been to their service department before, and I can say with total conviction that I've seen better.

I had called and set up an appointment to have some of the "Rod Hall Racing Shocks" installed on my H2. I was traveling through Reno at the time, and showed up for a 9a.m. appointment. After arriving, they asked me to wait, (no big deal) but then I realized they did not have the shocks on hand at the service department. 4 hours later I was on my way.
During my trip one of the shocks blew out and another had a leak. I called Chad Hall and told him that the passenger shock was spitting oil and the driver side looked like it had a pin hole leak in the hose. His words to me went something like "we'll determine what's wrong with it when you get here. That shouldn't happen."
I contacted Chad the day I was supposed to arrive, and told him my eta and asked that he have parts waiting.
When I arrived, I again had to wait for them to go retrieve the shocks from some warehouse somewhere and they replaced both front shocks.
Waiting time was 2-3 hours, labor was less than an hour. They warrantied both front shocks but their service scheduling left me wondering what would happen if I had to go there regularly. My service visit was scheduled and they still had no sense of timing. Usually when a customer buys an aftermarket product, the parts are waiting so they can be installed in a timely manner.

I worked in service for years, and I would never have a wait and see attitude. I always had parts shipped ahead so when I arrived I could troubleshoot and replace anything that needed it, and get the heck out of there so the customer could get back to business. If his service department is 14 days out, they need another dealership in Reno or they need more techs,(or they need new management). Our goal in our company was 3 days out max! And it didn't matter if it was Japan or Alaska.