View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 08:07 PM

SJ is off the scale

Yep, global economy - I've also heard all the arguments for a free-market system and that if we only had American cars, then we'd have higher prices and sh*t for quality. I hear you, so I'm not that extreme to the point of a closed economy and "only buy American."

My point is that we need balance and I don't think we have it - the Japanese should not be allowed to circumvent the import limits by assembling here on our soil and then making dupes feel like the car is American. It's f'ing shameful when my relatives come here and all they see is Honda. We built Japan up after they tortured our troops, so we should be calling the shots.

As it stands, they buy a Coca-Cola and some chicken at KFC and we're buying their $60K Toyota Camry XL (aka Lexus LS430).

If American cars were like Volga or Kama3 or Trabant, then I'd hop on the wagon, but I can't justify selling-out when the quality and prices are that close. Sh#t, buy a Jaguar if you don't like Caddy or Lincoln - at least they're owned by Ford and assembled in the UK.