View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Elcova Newbie

MaxH3 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Touareg Owner thinking of H3

As a previous owner of the Touareg, I feel qualified to lend my input to this subject...

Everyone has different needs and desires and it sounds like you may be the perfect H3 owner. Your love of the outdoors and your need to be out in the wild with your kayaks makes the 3 your SUV.

But lets get real about one thing. For on-road use there is no, and I mean no comparison between these two SUV's. I just had an '06 T-reg as a loaner for four days and it was a rude reminder of the mistake I made getting into the H3 last May...I know its not going to be a popular opinion here but the Reg was so much nicer to drive, so much more comfortable and way more responsive. The H3 turns heads, looks really cool, but is an on-road under performer. The 5 cyl. with slow throttle response is brutal. The V6 Reg has a pepper feel and seems to get up and go alot faster...esp when you use tip-tronic shifting. Imagine an Audi A6 on 'roids. The Reg comes in V8 and V10 options...beasts.

As far as issues with the cars, both have had issues...as I wait for my dealer to get the parts in to do my cyl. head replacement, thankfully still under warranty...I had no major issues in the first 20k on the Reg before I traded her in.

The technology and creature comforts in the Reg are awesome...climate control, onboard computers, you get the idea.

That said...the Hummer is a fun car to own, drive, and go off road with...it has plenty of positive attributes of its own...but it really comes down to what your needs and wants are...and in this case, go gor the H3. Just be prepared for some really stark differences in ride comfort and creature comforts.

Enjoy!