View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SUPER FAST HUMMER!

LOL thanks FYR but its mostly small things since getting the Gobi. Still need fender flares and a treehugger bg.....need to find some money....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROUSHDEMON
Nice, LoJac....... I saw some of those on Ebay, does everything work correctly? what about the messaging readings? Warning lights...etc?

I didn't buy a full cluster just the overlay. I actually had enough white LED's left over from my other projects to swap out my cluster bulbs with white LED. The escalade overlay has blue lenses that's why you see a bluish color.

You can find the escalade gauge faces on fleabay for $50 new and new needles are about $40. I did new needles also, hard to tell in the pic.

It is insanely cheaper to just replace your stepper motors. Like I mentioned if you can do basic soldering you won't have any issues what so ever. There are plently of walkthroughs and youtube vids on how to replace them. Pick up some 12v LED's also and replace your bulbs at the same time that way you'll never have to worry about one burning out.

My thinking is if you have your cluster torn apart why not do it all: LED's, stepper motors, gauge overlay, needles. I can find the seller on ebay where I bought my overlay if you're interested.

Last edited by LoJac963 : 01-16-2013 at 12:07 PM.