Thread: battery drain
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 06:09 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road
Default Re: battery drain

It's the aftermarket deck, or anything in relation to it, that is for sure. I am having the same issue and so is everyone else I know. The dealership said that the battery in there is just not big enough to handle current from any additional stuff besides the stock stuff. They suggested to get a Gel battery, or a group 76 battery, and that should fix it.

When you add stuff, they have to put in a databus system that communicates with your factory stuff, kind of liek a computer that interconnects your aftermarket stuff with the bose amp and everything in the car that runs through the amp. This is where all the problems start. You would think after making these things for the last 6 years, and as advanced as man is, that they would be able to fix this, or at least communicate a fix to the owners of it, since the vehicle is supposed to be a "utility" vehicle. Stupid engineers.

I haven't hear of checking the Bose amp, like the guy said above, so I am going to be looking into that as soon as I get mine back. I am sick of messing with dead batteries, and I am going on 2 years with that problem.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)