View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 04:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

Gunner_45 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sewell Hummer Trek ? 09/07

Finally:

I wish I could take all the credit for these photos, but I can't. Some are mine, some are from
other participants, some I stole from the Sewell photographer's site. All I did was try to arrange them
in such a way that you guys would have a feel for the days events.

I've been to both Sewell events this year (see my Rough Creek thread from a few months back also) and have
to say, they have far exceeded my expectations. These guys know how to put on a class event. They
picked up the tab for dinner, breakfast and lunch (and we aren't talking dogs and sliders here either)...
Almost everything.......All we spent was gas and lodging.

Also.....Let me give these guys a few props for their handling of various mechanical breakdowns.

We had:

1 H3 - Accidental airbag deployment on the moguls

1 H3 -Tranny problem (bent some linkage going over a log the wrong way)

1 H2 / 4+ H3's - Multiple alternator failures (4 that I have personal knowledge of, more reported....swamped with mud and water)

1 H2 - Failed control system for brakes and steering--Sorry, I'm not to familiar with an H2's systems, so I may have the terminology wrong.

If they couldn't fix you on the spot, they got you and your ride back to Dallas and had a loaner waiting on you when you got there.

I personally had an overheating problem with the engine and some shifting issues when tranny got a little warm....

(It all seemed to clear up when I washed out the radiator fins......and about 200 lbs of mud from the under carriage)

-Author Unknown