View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default REPLACEMENT E&G CLASSIC FENDER FLAIR = $375.00 FOR 1 FLAIR!

REPLACEMENT E&G CLASSIC FENDER FLAIR = $375.00 FOR 1 FLAIR!

I have a set of E&G Classics that I purchased about 1.5 years ago. I didn't look close enough when they were initially delivered to me and just found out that I was shipped 2 rear passenger side fender flairs and no driver?s side. My mistake.
So I contact E&G Classics to find out if there is anything they can do for me. I left 2 messages with no call back, and then on my 3rd try I was able to get Dan on the phone. Dan is the National Sales Manager for E&G Classics, Inc. I told him what happened and he asked me where I purchased them from, I said: "I honestly can't remember. I did a ton of aftermarket items so I truly have no clue. Dan proceeds to tell me that without the name of the place I bought those from he can't help me!
I said what happens if I broke a flair wheeling or in an accident ? how could I replace just that single flair? Dan reluctantly says ?uhhhhh ? well ? let me see what I can do? Maybe I can get the price and part number for you. So Dan says he will find out the correct part number and cost for me.
He calls me back today and gives me the part# 5308240603u (left rear) and gives me a price of $375.00 for this 1 single flair!!
I said ?how could you charge $375.00 for 1 flair when the cost for all 4 flairs is $429.00?? The arrogance was pouring from this guy when he said ?it is what it is.? I asked him if that would be the same cost if I broke 1 wheeling and needed a replacement, and he said that?s the cost $375.00!
I told him I would never buy E&G products again! Not to mention that it was going to be posted on the forum so people know how much E&G Classics charges for replacement parts! When I mentioned the HUMMER Forum his arrogance disappeared but it was too late for him to start to backpedal.
So keep in mind before you buy E&G Classics, that the cost is insane to replace just 1flair!