View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Site Admin

Jason has disabled reputation
Default Improved Gas Mileage - Tester Needed - No Cost to You

Elcova Nation,

I have been provided an opportunity to "personally" test a product, which has already been tested on a couple of occassions by a local Hummer Dealership and also by the Military (Humvees) with pretty good success. The previous tests of this product has resulted in 3.24 increase in MPG on an H2 (local dealership) and 3.79 increase in MPG on a Humvee (Military).

DATA from the Manufacturer:
The 3.24 MPG increase was an increase of 26.85%. If you drive 12,000 miles per year, a 26.85% reduction in fuel cost would result in $1069.54 in savings.

In very basic terms, it is a heat shield that covers all components of the air intake system. This, in very basic theory, results in denser air into the engine and better combustion. In turn, resulting in better miles per gallon. The system retails for $1100 and is specifically designed for the Hummer H2 at this time. Obviously, I am skeptical and they afforded me the opportunity to test the product. Unfortunately, I do not have my H2 (still missing it). So I am calling on you guys and/or gals.

Here is the first catch, the company is based in Southeast Florida, as am I, and they want to be sure that their system is installed correctly on the test vehicle. If you are interested, you must be from my area or at least willing to get down to my area (possibly 2-3 times, if necessary).

The second catch is there is a cost, but not to the tester, it will come out of my pocket. There will be no cost to the tester and if happy with the product it will be yours to keep.

The third, and possibly most important, catch is that you will have to document the results here at the ELCOVA FORUMS. With the DIC, it should be a pretty easy process. Simply, pull up what your current MPGs are and then once the system is installed note your mileage and reset your MPG setting. Drive for a specific period of time, as you normally would, and then we will re-check the results. Long time registered members will be given priority, if there are multiple replies from potential testers.

Couple of Notes:
a) If the product does not work, it can be completely removed and your H2 will never have known it was there. It does not invade any engine components.

b) The system has only been designed for the H2 at this time, sorry H3 (and other vehicle) owners.

c) You may be asking why I would foot the bill, here is why: if it works, it will be available thru my online store, www.somo.com. Do not fret, I will do my best to get pricing down as low as possible. However, there are few products out there which could pay for themselves, which is why I am interested in it. I could not/would not ask "the tester" to pay for it without knowing the results.

Details on the product can be found here:
www.americandieselandgas.com
It is called Q Shield.

If you are interested in being the Guinea Pig, please contact me asap. I prefer that you contact me by email: jason@somo.com. Please put "Q SHIELD" in the subject line of the email. I will be happy to answer any questions or provide my phone number to you by email if you want it.

Let me know asap!

Regards,
Jason

Last edited by Jason : 07-23-2008 at 08:47 PM.