View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: REPLACEMENT E&G CLASSIC FENDER FLAIR = $375.00 FOR 1 FLAIR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawdaddy
Please remember, don't believe everything that you read on the internet. I only ask two things from a customer that contacts E&G for service, honesty and a little personal responsibility. First, as a manufacturer, we do not sell directly to the public. We send folks back to the dealer/distrubutor where the item was purchased. This is the first step. Personally, as car guy, I've never waited 18 months to place a purchased accessory on my vehicle. This is what I was told by this forum member. Does it happen? Probably, but not very often. Second, I make a reasonable living and try to manage my money the best that I can, but I don't own "20 or 30" credit cards as was stated to me as the reason the customer couldn't tell me where or when it was purchased. Most reseasonable people keep decent credit card records on where an item was originally "purchased" just in case you need this type of service down the road without a ton of detective work. Even many years later.... Purchasing a replacement flare directly from the selling dealer would be around $100 (damaged) or getting a no charge replacement from E&G on an exchange issue like "two right rear flares" out of the box would have been made easy with only a little bit of "common sense" & "personal responsibility". Thank you Dan Clawson E&G Classics

Dan,

I did contact my original dealer about replacing the broken rear mud guard pieces on my E&G kit. They informed me that the replacement costs of the individual pieces was "exorbitant" from you guys, so I bagged it.

I was told "it would be over $200.00 each for the two separate pieces" by the dealer.

I will attempt to contact them again about replacing those mud guards at $100.00 each and post here what happens.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt because I believe the dealer was going on past experience with E&G when he quoted me that information. But he did later say he checked on it and would let me know if he could get a better price. I didn't hear back. He knew I thought that price was ridiculous.

Wheelin' will break things, but the things we put on the rigs can't be replaced at several times their original cost...... or we won't put them on.

Name:  IMG_1449 (Medium).JPG
Views: 1250
Size:  90.0 KB

Missing bumper pieces

Name:  IMG_1809 (Medium).JPG
Views: 1336
Size:  125.9 KB

Last edited by RuggedH2 : 07-24-2008 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Checked my documentation for correct facts and amended post