View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: REPLACEMENT E&G CLASSIC FENDER FLAIR = $375.00 FOR 1 FLAIR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawdaddy
Please remember, don't believe everything that you read on the internet. I only ask two things from a customer that contacts E&G for service, honesty and a little personal responsibility. First, as a manufacturer, we do not sell directly to the public. We send folks back to the dealer/distrubutor where the item was purchased. This is the first step. Personally, as car guy, I've never waited 18 months to place a purchased accessory on my vehicle. This is what I was told by this forum member. Does it happen? Probably, but not very often. Second, I make a reasonable living and try to manage my money the best that I can, but I don't own "20 or 30" credit cards as was stated to me as the reason the customer couldn't tell me where or when it was purchased. Most reseasonable people keep decent credit card records on where an item was originally "purchased" just in case you need this type of service down the road without a ton of detective work. Even many years later.... Purchasing a replacement flare directly from the selling dealer would be around $100 (damaged) or getting a no charge replacement from E&G on an exchange issue like "two right rear flares" out of the box would have been made easy with only a little bit of "common sense" & "personal responsibility". Thank you Dan Clawson E&G Classics
Jim, I believe you were just called an irresponsible liar by Dan of E&G.

I don't get why the two wrong parts can't be exchanged by E&G anyway. Seems pretty simple to fix and great customer service.

I bought a Weber smoker on EBay a few weeks ago. It was open box and was missing a few parts, I knew this when I purchased it. It even came from a non-authorized seller. I called Weber and told them what I needed fully prepared to pay for the parts.

Guess what, they sent me everything I needed... no charge. They even registered it and another Weber I have that I'd forgotten to register and was too irresponsible to retain the credit card receipt.

Guess what grill company I glowingly speak of and will get my money for years?

Last edited by KenP : 07-24-2008 at 08:58 PM.