View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 06:05 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: REPLACEMENT E&G CLASSIC FENDER FLAIR = $375.00 FOR 1 FLAIR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawdaddy
Please remember, don't believe everything that you read on the internet. I only ask two things from a customer that contacts E&G for service, honesty and a little personal responsibility. First, as a manufacturer, we do not sell directly to the public. We send folks back to the dealer/distrubutor where the item was purchased. This is the first step. Personally, as car guy, I've never waited 18 months to place a purchased accessory on my vehicle. This is what I was told by this forum member. Does it happen? Probably, but not very often. Second, I make a reasonable living and try to manage my money the best that I can, but I don't own "20 or 30" credit cards as was stated to me as the reason the customer couldn't tell me where or when it was purchased. Most reseasonable people keep decent credit card records on where an item was originally "purchased" just in case you need this type of service down the road without a ton of detective work. Even many years later.... Purchasing a replacement flare directly from the selling dealer would be around $100 (damaged) or getting a no charge replacement from E&G on an exchange issue like "two right rear flares" out of the box would have been made easy with only a little bit of "common sense" & "personal responsibility". Thank you Dan Clawson E&G Classics

Your response just goes to show what king of person you are. First of all I asked you if there was anything you could do to help me. You were extremely reluctant to help. My personable responseability came into play when I offered to buy the correct flair since you wouldn't do the switch for me. You gave me a part number and price of $375.00 which is completely unreasonable. I asked you what would happen if I broke 1 and you said the price was the same $375.00. Now you’re changing your story and saying a damaged flair would only be $100.00?? Come on Dan which price is it? When you asked me to look at my credit card receipts from 1.5 years ago I truly started to laugh at you. I don’t have credit card receipts from 1.5 years ago and as I stated I purchased so many items for my H2 even if I did have the receipts how the hell am I supposed to know it was for the flairs? Obviously my telling you I have 20 to 30 credit cards was my way of telling you I don’t have any way to find the receipt. But lets say I did have that many, do you think my conversation with you about how many credit cadrs I have is something you should post in a forum … I mean what kind of business man are you??
The wind up is Dan form E&G:
  1. Reluctantly “helped” me
  2. Tried to teach me a lesson for not keeping my credit card receipt
  3. Quoted me a price of $375.00
  4. Showed your true colors by posting my credit card info on a forum
  5. Flipped Flopped the price down to $100.00
  6. Flipped Flopped again now telling me
“if you would send me one of the your new “right fender flares”, I would be happy to send you a left rear at no charge”.

But only after you flex your muscles and say:
1. “I’m out of touch”
2. Mention the credit card thing once again
3. Mention that I don’t keep records
Is this any way to treat your customers?
I was willing to pay for this item but had no idea you would try to rip me as well as others off. I don’t give a crap about the $ I would have paid a reasonable amount but you chose the rip-off route not me. I paid for your flairs and didn’t check them and that’s my mistake but for you to act like you did shows your true colors.

Here is Dan’s email to me received today:
__________________________________________________ __________________

I have posted a response….I’ll take my chances that most reasonable people in the forum… will see the situation for what it is. Sour grapes from an “out of touch” person with “20-30” credit cards that keeps no records at all. Not exactly mainstream….
I would be happy to help you anytime you can provide “reasonable” purchase information. Also, if you would send me one of the your new “right fender flares”, I would be happy to send you a left rear at no charge.

Thank you.

Dan

So Dan,

I only have 2 questions for you:

1. Is it really true that you now will be happy to do the switch to a left rear flair, if I send you 1 of my new right rear flairs?

2. Can other RuggedH2 really purchase new replacement flair for $100.00? and if so where?

Last edited by NJ H2 : 07-25-2008 at 06:11 AM.