View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: REPLACEMENT E&G CLASSIC FENDER FLAIR = $375.00 FOR 1 FLAIR!

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

The E&G products we are talking about are specifically for H2's. There are probably more H2 owners on this site than could be found in one place....... anywhere else.

I'll bet most of them have seen E&G flares, through pics here, links, or having read about them here. I know I've seen it come up several times around here. Hell, I've told people where to get them and given them a good review here myself!

I posted on this thread after recently trying to replace some of mine that I broke. NJ H2 titled the thread along the lines of what I had recently learned myself...... that replacement parts from E&G were unconscionably overpriced!

I would bet that most people here who might be weighing whether or not to spend the money on the flares in the first place........ would elect not to do so, if they knew how much a single flare would cost them to replace if broken. I had no idea they were that ridiculous until I looked at replacing some of mine.

Now even if they forget about you insulting your customer......... they are still left knowing that you quoted $375.00 per replacement flare! If that is accurate (and we still don't know if it is) it would cost $4,500 to replace the parts in the kit, or force the customer to buy a new kit to replace two broken parts (at the same cost).

My dealer, going from past dealings with E&G told me similar to what NJ H2 wrote here.

So where is it Dan? Are replacement parts for people considering buying your kit $375.00 or are they $100.00?

I have already told my dealer to check into it for me again.

This might be a chance to make some money Dan, or it could be a chance to lose more customers at one time than you've ever had before.