View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 06:17 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale
Default Possibly buying another H2

We've had 6 Hummers since 2004. I came across a pristine 2008 H2 today with only 70K miles with a perfect Carfax. I've been driving a newer Toyota Sequoia, and although it has less torque and HP than the H2, it feels like a rocket in comparison. The Sequoia also has room for 8 adults (no joke) and the second and third rows all recline. With 5 kids, the Sequoia is a serious family rig.

Two kids are in college now and the three remaining want me to get a "cool" vehicle again. My biggest concern is availability and access to parts. Not sure I want to write a fat check only to be concerned over the availability of a headliner, knob or other items.

I guess I'm trying to talk myself out of this because the Sequoia does nothing for me but it is practical and comfortable. I recently stuck on Tundra TRD BBS wheels and wrapped them in BFG TA KO'2 to increase the appeal factor but it still does nothing for me.

Unless someone can talk me out of it, we may be purchasing our 7th Hummer tomorrow. Some truth about parts would be helpful. Thanks
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)