View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road
Default Re: h2 feeling a bit sluggish when towing, what are my options to increase torque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomp
Don't do what the Internet tells you, use the EXACT brand items I suggested or all bets are off! The brands I suggested are proven on an H2! The electric fan conversion can be searched on this forum, but basically adds both HP and torque by eliminating the manual radiator fan.

I'm still up in the air about the electric fan conversion... Yea, your motors not physically spinning the propellor. I have not seen any actual numbers for the amp load on the dual electric fans. The alternator is whats going to be turning harder now while the fans are on...its not just free electricity. It takes the same x amount of energy to cool the motor down direct mechanically or electrically. We are not talking about gaining extra cooling capacity here, just freeing up extra power...Guess its going to come down to how often the fans are actually running. Every little bit helps, but were driving pigs 4x the weight of some of these jap cars. That why I have a hard time seeing some of these mods are justifiable.

I'd really love to see some dyno numbers on alot of this ****.