View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Guess this is good bye again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalantar
Awesome trailer Mark, I think I am going to follow your footsteps. I am upgrading my toy hauler to a 40 footer (still debating on make and model) and need to upgrade to a dually. Although I love my h2 it is sitting and I dont plan to drive it much in the future.

How do you like the Vengence TH? I am looking at the Fuzion 399 and Voltage models.

Sorry, was in TN riding this weekend.

We looked at a ton of trailers. We had it narrowed down to the Vengeance and a Cyclone CY4100. (reaaaaally nice)

I'm not overly fond of the fuzions (not sure why, just don't appeal to me...) The voltage is nice but pricey.

We didn't have much choice because Amy insisted on having a rear bathroom. That narrowed it down to the CY4100 and Vengeance. The vengeance has had a few problems (though minor, get annoying) but the service dept and warranty have been outstanding.

I would have bought the CY4100 but I could't justify the extra 15K.... and on top of that... my dealer traded the trailer for me for my H2 and enclosed car hauler straight up, no cash exchanged.

I do have one suggestion though... I would buy a trailer close to where you live. I found "deals" out in Illinois for instance that seemed pretty good but I've had to take my trailer back at least half a dozen times and I'd be in trouble trying to get it back to the dealer I bought it at. (yes, you can take it to any dealer but if you didn't buy it there, you get put on the back burner)

The bottom line is, the trailers are nice, I mean, real nice but at the end of the day, they're a POS mobile home, end of discussion.

If you get a GMC dually to tow with, get an efi live tune. I installed an exhaust, efi live tune with 2 tunes (one tow, one economy) and it made a 4-5 mpg difference in towing (never mind the power band)

HTH's,

Mark