View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 02:29 AM

ARH1956 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kacyk:
Can someone give me some perspective on my previous question about visibility? The H2 has a hump on the hood which makes the otherwise short hood appear vast and it's difficult to see exactly where the corners of the truck are. But when I drove the H1, I "felt" that I could see the road a lot better and the corners of the rig were obvious. Although it is 5"s wider, it seemed easier to drive than the H2 because of the seating position and commanding view of the road.

Was I dreaming or ??? Can someone who has both a H1 and H2 comment? Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't presently have both, but did have. After buying my H2 I kept my H1 for about 6 months before selling it. So I did own them both for that period. I'm about 6'2" & with the seats adjusted as I like them there is little difference in overall visibility when driving the H1, or H2. Both have some "sight challenged" areas for certain. If pushed for differences I found it a little tougher to judge the exact position of my H2's corners while off roading, but found no discernible disadvantage on the roadway. If only the H1 had more interior room I'd still have one of each. And before anyone jumps in concerning interior space, I'm fully aware that the H1's lesser space is necessitated due to its superior drivetrain arrangement. So the "space issue" is a personal need of mine, in no way meant to imply an inferior design to the H2's layout. On another note, I applaud Hummers decision to use the ALPHA-1 moniker for the 06 model, with the new Duramax/Allison combo it is further separated from the rest & is indeed the "Alpha Male" of SUV's.