View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 05:12 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2 Inch Lift on H2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckTruck
i can tell you what we are thinking.....simple math.

if we can run 37's on stock rims with no lift. thus, if i lift my rig 3 inches, and keep the wheels the same, 40"s are definately doable.

especially when individuals are running 40"s with only a 2 inch body lift and they actually wheel it......obviously it can be done.

jdj

Have at it. I had a Rancho lifted H2 with 37 13.50's. Ther new owner is running 38's....and he is out of room to try and fit 40's. I have also seen a Fabtech lifted H2 in action with 38's (6" lift) and he had rubbing issues as well. THat's with a true 6" kit/ so to say 40's will work awith a 3", I don;t see how...even with adding a 2" body lift. I also wouldn;t consider running that tire on a stock rim. I think (not sure) 40's go to a 14.50 wide? I think that tire will pop off the bead easily being that wide with these narrow rims.

So I don;t see how 40's would even come close to fit... and be even close to functional. If you have the rear sensors for the factory airbags, you can kiss those goodbye as well. You would have to relocate those sensors from the wheelwell alltogether.

So I think your "simple math" is off. there is no way 40's will fit. But go ahead and prove me wrong. it would look bada$$ for sure, but with a tire that big, would be wortheless. "Obviously" it would be a worthless truck with that size tire.