View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

SummitUp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Front license plate mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarek m
I like the Gobi piece, if mine looks horrific that's what I'll go with. For the pin I'll go to local Tractor Supply, they have a wall of that stuff to chose from.
The only hitch pin that will work from the top is the factory articulated (hinged) pin. A straight pin that would be long enough to go through the receiver from the top can't be inserted because of interference of the grill. The only pin that can be used from the bottom has to be a locking pin to keep it from falling out (you can't get to the top of the receiver to insert the clevis into the hitch pin).

You can still get one of the H2 Trailering Accessory Kits on eBay which includes the articulating hitch pin.

Or you can get just the articulated pin from GM Parts Direct; Part No. 15059236 ($36.78).

And yes, you'll probably find that you cant open the hood all the way with a ball mount hanging off the front receiver.
'05 H2 Lux, 37" KM2's on 17" Hutchinson Double Beadlocks, Cognito UCA's, Cognito Sway Bar Links, Custom Hydro-Assist Steering Upgrade, Eaton Front Differential Locker, 1" Rear Coil Spacers, Chevy Green Key Torsion Bar "Lift," Bilstein Shocks, Warn 9.5ti Multimount Winch, Dual Optima Yellow Top Battery's, Piaa & Hella Off-road lights, Gobi Rack, Tru-cool External Transmission Oil Cooler, Diablo Predator Hi-Octane Tune.