View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tranny cooler installation

ya i suppose you could go pick up some tranny hose from teh auto store and bypass the radiator witht eh stock cooler... i cant say how it will perform for you though, but yes, it will prevent the coolant mix.. but at the same time it might raise your temps enough that it cooks your tranny too....

i just dont have an answer for you on that... but by passing it.. yes you can do it.

check with your autoparts store, they may have one thats in stock, or that will fit. reeally, all that matters is if it will fit in the frame.. it doesnt matter the brand or anything. hell, even the fittings dont matter as you will connect it with rubber hose and clamps.. so you can also do a adapter if need be.

i got mine in less than a week when i ordered it.
took me about 2 hours, and i had minimal tools as i was in Reno for a Military school... thats how limited it was. i used vice grips to cut the lines..

in a home enviroment with tools...i would say about an hour give or take
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193