Thread: Whats the Deal?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whats the Deal?

I went to look at the H3 and drove a slate blue H2 adventure package SUT home yesterday. I liked the extra room for hauling stuff in the H2 SUT and they are making great deals on H2s now. Luckily, I live near Lynch Hummer and these guys really know Hummers. I walked in at noon and drove out at 1:35 - the best sales experience I've ever had. No pressure, no ad ons, just lots of talk about Hummers and showing me all the features - the navigation system will take some more learning, but they very patient with me. While I was there another couple was looking at an H2.
I measured the garage before I left home and I had 80.7 inches of height clearance, so they had to take off the roof racks on the H2 for me to fit it in the garage...a small price to pay and not something I would probably use that much...the radio antenna on the other hand doesn't clear the door by about an inch but it whips back and forth without any problem.
You have to pay to play, and to me with the deal I got, it will pay for gas for a few years. I got over bluebook on my trade, a GREAT discount on the H2 and I've been smiling ever since I got home. I put my $1200 tax rebate to good use buying American and supporting American jobs.
I finally have a vehicle that will haul my wife's "stuff" and make it up the muddy road to my son's house on the hill in the boonies. He now thinks his old man is KEWL and the grandchildren are crazy about it. I have the entry set to just flash the lights and when I clicked the keyfob, my 4 year old grandson said "WOW just like a Christmas tree, do that again", when all the lights & rooflights flashed at night . PROUD TO BE A NEW H2 HUMMER OWNER! Will post a picture as soon as I figure out how to!