H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-04-2006, 06:36 AM

AllEyezOnG is off the scale

Hi everybody...
I've been watching this forum for about 5 months now and figured I will have my first real post today. I purchased my Hummer H3 in June of '05 and I love the car. Today, as i was pulling out of the CVS parking lot, I got hit by a toyota camry that was doing near 80 mph on an extremely busy street. I definitely had doubt on my suvs muscle until I got out and had a look. I lost my front bumper, grille, mini-grill, passenger headlight and probably a lot more things. The accident also ruined my wheel alignment. But after an 80 mph direct hit, my car was still running. Unfortunetly his car is a total loss . I could tell you that your Hummer is a very safe suv. I'll miss my hummer for the time its going to be away. I just figured I can vent my emotions to you guys.

George
Old 02-04-2006, 06:36 AM

Hi everybody...
I've been watching this forum for about 5 months now and figured I will have my first real post today. I purchased my Hummer H3 in June of '05 and I love the car. Today, as i was pulling out of the CVS parking lot, I got hit by a toyota camry that was doing near 80 mph on an extremely busy street. I definitely had doubt on my suvs muscle until I got out and had a look. I lost my front bumper, grille, mini-grill, passenger headlight and probably a lot more things. The accident also ruined my wheel alignment. But after an 80 mph direct hit, my car was still running. Unfortunetly his car is a total loss . I could tell you that your Hummer is a very safe suv. I'll miss my hummer for the time its going to be away. I just figured I can vent my emotions to you guys.

George
Old 02-04-2006, 07:00 AM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

Dsng George! I am sorry to hear about that but glad to hear you are ok.

Lets see some pics if you get time as I would like to see how bad the damage was.

Brent
Old 02-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Its good nobody got hurt.
List some before and after pics.
Make sure you get H3 fixed by qualified body guy.
Did you have a brush guard?if so did it help.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

These pictures were posted 8-15 of an H3 that tangled with an Expedition at a stop light and they walked away. They build them rugged.
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

There are several more if you go back to the 8-15 post.
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Steve - SanJose

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerJim:
These pictures were posted 8-15 of an H3 that tangled with an Expedition at a stop light and they walked away. They build them rugged. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow that looks like my H3, but slightly modified!. That's some real crash testing.

S.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Hummer Professional

FLYINGBADGER2006 is off the scale

I took thoses pics at Bergstrom in Milwaukee way back in the day. I later inquired a few weeks later when I got the oil changed on the H3 and was told that the truck was a total loss.
Victory Red, Auto,Lux, Cashm w/ eb interior, tow pkg, BFG all terr 285/75/16 incl. spare, black side step bars, SMA chrome hood handles, Kenwood DVD, K&N Air Intake, McCulloch 8000K H.I.D. headlights, Custom made 100% sheepskin seat covers, Dual DVD headrests,SMA dual exhaust,Roof marker lights.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

Laura is off the scale

OMG--I really cant believe the damage. I have to say because its white and just like mine it makes me so sad......Its like theres a death in the family.....Wheres a tissue!!!or maybe a drink will get me threw the loss.....
Old 02-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Steve - SanJose

Check out the NHTSA website for actual crash test results and videos of the H3 in frontal and side crashes.

S.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:43 AM

Sorry about the delay, I've been trying to get the situation under control. She is being towed to the shop on friday. No, I didn't have a brushguard on. I will be posting pics the accident pics shortly. I don't have any before pics, but I will post some after I get her back. I figured while my car is at the shop that I might as well have my bumpers painted to match the body (black) and some HID's for the headlights and foglights. I wonder how I'm gonna pay for all that

George
Old 02-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Steve - SanJose

AllEyezOnG - glad to hear that you are unhurt and your H3 is on the road to recovery. The H3 crash tests and videos on the NHTSA site came out with good results for both frontal and side impact.

But obviously you did some real world testing...

S.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Hummer Veteran

HUMRCHIC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">NHTSA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here is the direct link to the ratings and the video.

H3 crash ratings

See where other H3 owners are. Click Here

http://www.frappr.com/hummerh3owners

Join our Hummer Community and CHAT live with other H3 owners!!!
http://groups.msn.com/H3Owners