H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Hummer Veteran

Tully is off the scale

Just got a Compustar 2W900FM 2way remote start & security system installed last week.

So far pretty happy with it, the best part hands down is the 2way remote.

Anyone else gone this route? thoughts? anyone had issues w/ this unit, I might want to know about or made non-standard adjustments with the Auxilary options this remote makes available.

I was thinking of taking it back to the dealer and seeing if they could setup the Aux 1 setting to automatically open all the windows and the sunroof.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Hummer Veteran

Tully is off the scale

Just got a Compustar 2W900FM 2way remote start & security system installed last week.

So far pretty happy with it, the best part hands down is the 2way remote.

Anyone else gone this route? thoughts? anyone had issues w/ this unit, I might want to know about or made non-standard adjustments with the Auxilary options this remote makes available.

I was thinking of taking it back to the dealer and seeing if they could setup the Aux 1 setting to automatically open all the windows and the sunroof.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:49 AM

Baddkharma is off the scale

I have a Viper 5000 installed (without remote start) It has a 2 way remote and I love it also..Saturday while I was asleep I heard the remote go off, checked and found 2 kids in my driveway. They stepped on my sidesteps to see into the H2..said they were curious. After giving them the 3rd degree I sent them packing...No telling what their real intentions were but the 2 way remote worked flawlessly.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:05 AM
Hummer Professional

Efrain is off the scale

I have an echo by Omega, with remote start, and its worked pretty good. I don't think I'd hear it if I were asleep, though.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:50 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

I have to get the remote start put on before the start of winter. I've had it on every other car I've ever owned. By far the best add on you could put on a car. I like the fact that you can warm up the car enough to break up the ice that makes the doors stick closed.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

Tully is off the scale

haha! now that you mention it, two nights ago at 3am i was woke up by my pager, turns out the security system has a 'page' function, so that if the truck detects like tapping on the hood/windsheild it'll notify the remote w/o setting off the alarm ( the Shock will go off w/ a heavier shock to the truck and start the Alarm ) anyway...it was a cat jumpin all over the truck. lil ****! i armed the alarm, that that rat jumped off like a bat out of hell....
Old 09-29-2005, 07:08 PM

Richard is off the scale

I have the same alarm. It was a wasted $850 because it was nothing but problems. I took it back so many times I finally just quit using it and went back to the key fobs. When I was using it sometimes it would work good for a month then it would not lock the doors, or unlock them, lock one door. The remote start would not work from very fay away. Sometimes it would be running but the indicator on the remote would show it wasen't. I wanted it to work so bad because my wife kept ragging on me how much I spent on it. She would see some kid with one for a hundred bucks and say his works. I would tell her about all the features like works a mile away, pages you and all that stuff. Well anyway it's just in a drawer now. Maybe it was the installer. Hope you have better luck with yours.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Hummer Professional

ratesguy is off the scale

After my second break-in I am going to have installed the remote alarm with glass break alarm. I have been quoted 500 with glass break if the guy gets to also fix the damage to my H2 from the break-in(around 5000 bucks). I do not know the brand. What should I be looking for and how much? Thanks!