H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-17-2002, 12:48 PM

KAC is off the scale

The Acura MDX forum asked that I post pictures of my H2 when I got it so I did this morning. I got the following reply:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hummer H2 is quite capable, no doubt. However, i am not sure if 60% grade is anything special. For example, a Toyota Land Cruiser can make up a 100% grade (45 degrees)...side slope on the TLC is also 100% (45 degrees)! My 4Runner can do 42 degrees grade and 41 degrees side slope. And these are official numbers from Toyota, not made up by some kid.

So, Hummer sure makes it some amazing with it's 60% grade, but what is the big deal??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was going to leave it alone but though you guys could come up with some good zingers for this guy.

The thread is at: 4Runner boasting

Kim

KAC
'03 Red Adv Series
Old 12-17-2002, 12:48 PM

KAC is off the scale

The Acura MDX forum asked that I post pictures of my H2 when I got it so I did this morning. I got the following reply:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hummer H2 is quite capable, no doubt. However, i am not sure if 60% grade is anything special. For example, a Toyota Land Cruiser can make up a 100% grade (45 degrees)...side slope on the TLC is also 100% (45 degrees)! My 4Runner can do 42 degrees grade and 41 degrees side slope. And these are official numbers from Toyota, not made up by some kid.

So, Hummer sure makes it some amazing with it's 60% grade, but what is the big deal??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was going to leave it alone but though you guys could come up with some good zingers for this guy.

The thread is at: 4Runner boasting

Kim

KAC
'03 Red Adv Series
Old 12-17-2002, 01:44 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

Leave it alone. Don't waste your breath.

Jim
Old 12-17-2002, 02:08 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

The big deal is that the HUMMER can drive up on the Land Cruiser or his 4Runner and use it as an oil change ramp. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Seriously though, if I were to reply I'd ask to see where this person is reading these "official numbers" and ask to see them for yourself. I'm skeptical of his numbers...
Old 12-17-2002, 02:44 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

The numbers Hummers posts about those angles are rather screwy, let me share with you what I've found:

The incline angle of 60% does not refer to the maximum angle the H2 can climb, it refers instead to the angle at which the H2 can continously climb, with a FULL load, without overheating. Yep...go figure! It's true. It's a maximum continous-load figure.

I've posted a pic of myself taking the H2 well over 100% grade...on a loose-dirt hill no less! The H2 is capable of well over 60% grade. Frankly, just about any vehicle in 4Lo can climb a very steep hill...it all comes down to traction. At some point the steepness is so great that even 4 rubbery tires on ashphalt would slip. Giben an offroad incline...our 4x4 system will take us higher then just about anything else.

As for side-slope, that number is screwy too. Suffice it to say that H2 may be a bit taller then the Foreskinrunner, but our additional width will serve to take us a few degress further...maybe even more then a few degrees.

Our steep approach/departure angle also allows us to come to very steep inclines and go right up them...something their elongated tails won't allow them to do.

No matter what you tell them, they'll see things to their better. Make sure to thank them for investing in American products too! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2002, 02:45 PM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

The Hummer site is WRONG. The H1 and H2 can navigate a 60-DEGREE grade, and a 40-DEGREE side-slope without rollover.

Ask him if he'd like to come and 'wheel with you sometime. I can show him video of a LandCruiser breaking a half-shaft on one of the obstacles that the Hummers did in Hollister. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Kelley
Old 12-17-2002, 03:48 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:

Suffice it to say that H2 may be a bit taller then the Foreskinrunner, but our additional width will serve to take us a few degress further...maybe even more then a few degrees.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha! We've been calling them 4Skinners around here for years too!
Old 12-17-2002, 03:53 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I've said it before Dan...I like the way you think! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2002, 04:07 PM

SJ is off the scale

KAC:

The manufacturer's specifications will always vary from an independent source such as Four Wheeler Magazine. Manufacturer's base their specifications on in-house/independent tests. These tests use different methods and criteria to establish results. This means that manufacturers, like Toyota, will use their own set of means to produce favorable attributes in their advertising and data sheets for the purpose of attracting customers.

I could write a novel on the differences between a Toyota 4Runner and the Hummer H2. Reason being that I was once the unfortunate owner of a 4Runner. Needless to say, the 4Runner was my 1st and last Japanese nameplate!

The 4Runner topped at 45mph when ascending to 5000 ft. in altitude (with full load). My H2 will pull all day long, here in the mountains!

The 4Runner had numerous electrical glitches and the overdrive constantly slipped. In short, I absolutely hated that gutless Japanese tin can; it was the most worthless 4 x 4 I have had the misfortune of owning.

My Jeep, Chevy Blazer, and Yukon were all more capable than a STOCK Toyota!!!! I have first-hand experience with all of these vehicles and I rate the Toyota dead-last. I can provide details, but I'll be sucking pages and bandwidth beyond every one's interest.

The 4Runner may be a "decent" off-road instrument for some, but only after serious modifications. It lacks ground clearance, low gearing, stability [4Runners are prone to flipping at speed], and power. The new 4Runner has a V8, so perhaps the power issue is a thing of the past.

What's the domestic content on a 4Runner? Any one know? I'll bet odds that it's 70% Japanese in origin (regardless of assembly/part stamping location).

[This message was edited by SJ on December 17, 2002 at 10:19 AM.]
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 12-17-2002, 04:48 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Kim...I checked out that post. You quoted me....you really really quoted me! Cool!
Old 12-17-2002, 05:34 PM

SJ is off the scale

One more thing and not to be too defensive, but tell the Tokyo 4-wheel Drive club to check out

http://www.myh2.com/

See those swamp running pictures of what bone-STOCK H2s are capable of - I'd like to see a stock Toyota do that!

Jealousy is a bitch, so there will be critics.

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 12-17-2002, 09:17 PM

TonkaH2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
"Foreskinrunner"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ohhhhhh, Steve, you're such a kidder!

-Jack
Yellow H2 adv. on order
"I think I can make it. D'OH!"
www.sunspotnatural.com
Old 12-17-2002, 09:19 PM

hummerwanted is off the scale

As someone else stated the hummer's angles are in degrees and not percent. And they are 60 and 40. But the more impressive thing is the approach and departure andgles. The fourskinner would need some serious bodywork to compete with the hummer there.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:20 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

The foreskinner COULD compete in the approach/departure angle as long as it got some kind of 'snipping' off it's length. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2002, 10:56 AM
Hummer Veteran

HummerH2 is off the scale

Texas Red,
On the site KAC gave us tigmd99 is living in TEXAS!!!

Sunset Orange 03' H2 w/Lux,roof lights,wrap around brushguard,Air susp.,On*Star
Old 12-18-2002, 01:29 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

If tigmd99 suddenly disappears from that list, you'll know I found him.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas
Old 12-18-2002, 01:39 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

RED!!

YOU GET A ROPE! I'LL FIND A TALL TREE!!

Don
Old 12-19-2002, 12:20 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

SJ's post says it all.....I agree.. forget it. Jealousy is a bitch and the critics will always find something to bitch about.

Its a human thing. When you are not as lucky or as smart as we are to own a Hummer, others will attempt to critize the Hummer to demonstrate one of two things.

1. They would NOT buy it because....(bull**** reason)..otherwise they would have.

2 Their vehicle (4Skin) is better because.......(another bull**** reason)...this is only done to make themselves feel better (low self esteem)

SJ put a lot of thought into his post, good info. With his permission, use his post to combat the them, but I think its better to just "let it be" (quote from mac) Deep deep deep down inside they are really pissed they couldn't get a Hummer.

Ever notice we (our forum) don't spend time talking and bitching about other makes and models of vehicle? Class comes with success......AND with that being said.............

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 12-20-2002, 12:46 PM

KAC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HeeHaw:
SJ's post says it all.....I agree.. forget it. Jealousy is a bitch and the critics will always find something to bitch about.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've dropped it. I corrected his misinformation and left it at that. I'm not even going back to see any follow up messages - it's not worth my time, too busy enjoying my H2!

Kim

KAC
'03 Red Adv Series
Old 12-20-2002, 01:11 PM

JCJ is off the scale

Other words for HeeHaw's statement: "Class comes with success".
And some noble steed we're ridin'!