H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-24-2003, 03:09 AM

Jigga is off the scale

After months of waiting, the 37 MTR is finally becoming available. I know that tires.com has a good stock in one of their warehouses and that most other companies should be recieving their shipments by Nov. 28. I know these tires will be worth the wait.

2003 Pewter H2 with Adventure Package, 20% tinted front windows, K&N aircharger filter kit, 3 screen DVD and Playstation 2 system. Soon to come: 37" MT/R's, Warn winch, XM and subwoofers.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:09 AM

Jigga is off the scale

After months of waiting, the 37 MTR is finally becoming available. I know that tires.com has a good stock in one of their warehouses and that most other companies should be recieving their shipments by Nov. 28. I know these tires will be worth the wait.

2003 Pewter H2 with Adventure Package, 20% tinted front windows, K&N aircharger filter kit, 3 screen DVD and Playstation 2 system. Soon to come: 37" MT/R's, Warn winch, XM and subwoofers.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:30 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

We'll call that your Happy-happy thought. I'd like to see how that all works out...I'm thinking of going to 37's too.

Good tip Jigga!
Old 11-24-2003, 06:44 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

The MTRs are awesome tires!! Nice manners on the road and unbeatable offroad. When aired down I've seen the sidewall fold up onto the wheel on a rock, to the point I thought they were going to tear, only to pop back to normal without a scratch after coming off of the rock. They have amazing grip on all terrain.
I've got a second set on order.
DEFINITE 2 THUMBS UP!!!!
Old 11-24-2003, 06:55 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a surplus of 37" MT/Rs here in Canada.
Getting them put on before months end.

DRTY,
Never posted a detailed photo of my H2. Mainly because it looks like 70% of the member's rigs anyway. It's aboot to change. While I was away, I got the metal division guys to customize the Bush Bar and some Rock Guards. Excited to see them in the morning.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-24-2003, 02:20 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

DRTY,

You're right about MTR's. I did the same thing last week. My left rear tire at 15psi just squeezed the side of a rock. I thought for SURE it was done. To my surprise we kept on rolling. They are awesome tires, great in the snow, mud, sand and on hills.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:24 PM

ZeroTolerance is off the scale

I know that several places here in Houston and surrounding areas have had those in stock for a while and have had no problems getting any... This is just what I was told... Called on some this morning.. Said they are in stock and have been for a some time...interesting
Old 11-24-2003, 02:44 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Another poser pic
Old 11-24-2003, 08:00 PM

Jigga is off the scale

well the U.S. military has had a hold these tires, so that explains why the wait has been so long and perhaps why they are available in Canada.
I don't live in an area that has a store where these tires are just lying around so I've been at the mercy of mail order companies. I've passed up Mud Terrains and Boggers waiting for these. Their reputation has kept me waiting. I figure I've got about another week and they'll be on the rim
The only downside is the price. I ordered my set from 4wheelparts.com with the lifetime warranty. They will repair ANY damage to the tires, intentional or accidental, for as long as I own them. Not a bad idea considering what it would cost to replace one.

Old 11-24-2003, 08:08 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Jigga,

Our military has a strangle hold on horse shoes.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-24-2003, 09:59 PM

argonaut is off the scale

The mounties always get their man... Then they backdoor his ass. Those silly mounties...
Old 11-26-2003, 01:11 AM

alecs wife is off the scale

I originaly was looking for MTR's, until no one in the country could get them!!!!

So I hesitated going with the super swampers SSR's. I love the way these tires look on the H2. They are great on tons of surfaces.

It rides good on the road but wear fast. I always change them out for wheeling.

Front Locker, Stealth winch, 37" Super Swampers SSR,low center of gravity = Ultimate H2
Attached Images

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any pictures posted with it are the property of Adam in CO and/or his affiliates. The contents of this post are confidential and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under all
Old 11-26-2003, 01:57 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

R2,
Those tires aren't speed rated, are they? From what I've heard they wear super fast. When you air them down how do they flex?
You're right, they do look sweet.
Old 11-26-2003, 02:05 AM

Drtyfn:
The tire's are a 10 ply "E"rated. Meaning that each tire holds about 3,600lb's.

I air down to 20psi and they flex realy nice. Because of how tough they are the H2 seems to be kind of light for a heavy duty tire. You can air down to 18 if needed. The thing I love the most is the tracktion and the fact that this is a 100% off-road tire. I just can't beleive the steep dirt hills I can climb.

Front Locker, Stealth winch, 37" Super Swampers SSR,low center of gravity = Ultimate H2
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This post and any pictures posted with it are the property of Adam in CO and/or his affiliates. The contents of this post are confidential and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under all
Old 11-26-2003, 02:06 AM

my friend has some old pics I hope to post soon!!!