H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-18-2002, 09:17 PM

Jen G. is off the scale

I just wanted to pass some info on to my fellow H2 hummer owners. I just recently put a small ding mark in my plastic chrome mirror cap. This cap is actually only held on by two small pcs. of double back tape.(not any kind of molded on piece)
And this part can easily be scratched while off roading. I have contacted my dealer and Hummer Inc. They told me this part cannot be ordered
separatly. I have to order the entire mirror with all it's internal workings for the tune of $345. part only plus labor. If you have any input about this topic, or know how I can get another one please let me know.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:17 PM

Jen G. is off the scale

I just wanted to pass some info on to my fellow H2 hummer owners. I just recently put a small ding mark in my plastic chrome mirror cap. This cap is actually only held on by two small pcs. of double back tape.(not any kind of molded on piece)
And this part can easily be scratched while off roading. I have contacted my dealer and Hummer Inc. They told me this part cannot be ordered
separatly. I have to order the entire mirror with all it's internal workings for the tune of $345. part only plus labor. If you have any input about this topic, or know how I can get another one please let me know.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:00 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Jen, there is a totaled Hummer in Arizona with extensive damage to the rear end, but the side mirrors should be fine. Talk to Arizona Hummerboy on this forum.

Now I understand why all plastic matte black parts(mirror, handles, etc.) is the standard for Adventure Pack Hummer. Chrome is not for off-roads. I had some brushes withe the bushes and tree branches when I went off-roads, but not a scratch on my mirrors.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:07 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

It costs me $342 to replace the huge rear center steel bumper, left extension bumper, plastic cover, fittings, labor included. The mirror(s?) is/are $345!
Old 12-19-2002, 01:12 AM

H2Norcal is off the scale

Wow. Costly. Sounds like some slip on covers are a necessity for wheelin'.
Old 12-19-2002, 04:31 AM

ACR H2 is off the scale

Hey Jen, There is a brand new Passenger side mirror for sale on E-bay, no reserve, its at $10.50 now. Check it out, goHere

Hope this helps.

2003 Yellow H2 Lux
Old 12-19-2002, 06:56 PM

NSXTC is off the scale

I'm going to put those on the mirrors now!

If you don't have access to the 3M clear protectant tape, you can use those clear liners at Home Depots (the ones used to line drawers).
H2SUT.com
----------
Red metallic, Lux package, Poron backup sensors, throttle body by-pass, Independent dual DVDs, Volant air box, DRL mod, chrome hood handles and latch.
Old 12-20-2002, 01:49 AM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

Yeah those mirrors are expensive on any car. On hubby's ford he walked by and flipped it backward by accident with his jacket. Broke everything and cost 275 smackers.

Ridiculous. But seriously, Mac is right, be a buzzard and check for parts at a scrap yard. I am gonna do that with a brush guard. Wonder if Arizona Hummerboy scrapped some of hish extras that made it through his wreck???

~amy
Old 12-21-2002, 02:04 AM

Jen G. is off the scale

Thanks ACR H2
I checked it out and placed a bid.
I was really surprised to see so many replies.
Jen G.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACR H2:
Hey Jen, There is a brand new Passenger side mirror for sale on E-bay, no reserve, its at $10.50 now. Check it out, gohttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1875028571

Hope this helps.

2003 Yellow H2 Lux
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-21-2002, 02:28 AM

Jen G. is off the scale

Mac,
No kidding $345., However If I wanted to purchase
the whole mirror I would put that much out.
But all I need is the cap. You would think that Hummer would be willing to sell you a part like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
It costs me $342 to replace the huge rear center steel bumper, left extension bumper, plastic cover, fittings, labor included. The mirror(s?) is/are $345!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-21-2002, 02:31 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Jen, hold your fire, don't join in the bidding franzy, wait for the last 1 minute before the auction closes. Know your limit and place your bid within the last 30 seconds to grab it. Provided if you have a fast PC and interenet connection.
Old 12-21-2002, 02:33 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

If I am Hummer, why in the world would I sell you the cap for $5 when I can sell you the mirror for $345?
Old 12-21-2002, 02:40 AM

Jen G. is off the scale

Hey thanks for the tape tip.
It's a real bummer to have such a sharp looking
SUV and have a scratch or ding on a noticeable part.(especially when it's chrome).
JEN G.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NSXTC:
I'm going to put those on the mirrors now!

If you don't have access to the 3M clear protectant tape, you can use those clear liners at Home Depots (the ones used to line drawers).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-21-2002, 02:49 AM

Jen G. is off the scale

That's kind of what my dealer told me. Hummer has to make it's money, so if I want my SUV to look great I have to purchase the entirty
I wouldn't expect to pay $5. bucks though, I would even fork over $50+ bucks for the plastic part.
Thanks for the bidding tip.
JEN G.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
If I am Hummer, why in the world would I sell you the cap for $5 when I can sell you the mirror for $345?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>