H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, lot's of stuff has been asked and answered about the mirrors not working. I mentioned recently in a thread that my passenger side stopped unfolding after having it detailed at the dealer.

Last night I uncovered the H2 and took it out for the first time since the cleaning and started messing with the mirror. Again, like everyone, I cycled it several times and still nothing.

I got out of the truck, manually unfolded the mirror and cycled it again several times and... BAM! It worked. Over and over, it worked.

So before freaking out and taking it to the dealer, fiddle with the thing for a while. Both folded and unfolded. You may just get lucky.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Hummer Messiah

Ok, lot's of stuff has been asked and answered about the mirrors not working. I mentioned recently in a thread that my passenger side stopped unfolding after having it detailed at the dealer.

Last night I uncovered the H2 and took it out for the first time since the cleaning and started messing with the mirror. Again, like everyone, I cycled it several times and still nothing.

I got out of the truck, manually unfolded the mirror and cycled it again several times and... BAM! It worked. Over and over, it worked.

So before freaking out and taking it to the dealer, fiddle with the thing for a while. Both folded and unfolded. You may just get lucky.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:02 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

Nice Ken, its to bad more people wont spend a little time and thought playing around, watching, listening, manipulating, cycling, before getting sideways with the dealer.

I think some poeple think they live in a perfect world .
Old 06-13-2005, 02:57 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by N2ITNSD:
Nice Ken, its to bad more people wont spend a little time and thought playing around, watching, listening, manipulating, cycling, before getting sideways with the dealer.

I think some poeple think they live in a perfect world . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You mean,,,it's not a glass bottle?(beer bottle)

I had the same thing happen to my mirror. I went thru some brush and the mirror pushed in. I had to pull it out before it would cycle with the control. But I did have one replaced not too long after I got it; the gears had stripped.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Hummer Messiah

I think the point is, people tend to freak out and go straight to the forum or dealer right away without trying anything themselves. We're all here to help, but be a little self sufficient.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member
Mr. I - Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Did the cycling thing a couple hundred times the gear was actually broke the dealship fixed it. Its not that I am not self sufficient but my time is worth money alot more than grease monkeys working at are making. So why not let them fix it. Hell I get a Enterprise gold key rental ( Jaguar, Escalade, and Sedan deville) got to try different rides instead sitting at home cursing and swearing at the damn thing until it works. I do change my own oil though!
Old 06-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Hummer Messiah

I understand what you are saying. Let me be clear, some things break and the vehicle needs to go to the shop, of course. But in this case, I fixed it in about 3 minutes. Others could try it also. Much less time than going to the dealer. My time is valuable also.

BTW, I'd never call my tech a grease monkey.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Hummer Authority

Location: In da Chi! I am not only the originator of the H.O.A.B. club. I am also a member

trust mine is every time they work on the thing something is scratched. They fixed my leak scratched the dash, driver side window and some rubbed the paint off the lower dash by the fuse panel.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr. I - Man:
Did the cycling thing a couple hundred times the gear was actually broke the dealship fixed it. Its not that I am not self sufficient but my time is worth money alot more than grease monkeys working at are making. So why not let them fix it. Hell I get a Enterprise gold key rental ( Jaguar, Escalade, and Sedan deville) got to try different rides instead sitting at home cursing and swearing at the damn thing until it works. I do change my own oil though! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 06-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummertech:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr. I - Man:
Did the cycling thing a couple hundred times the gear was actually broke the dealship fixed it. Its not that I am not self sufficient but my time is worth money alot more than grease monkeys working at are making. So why not let them fix it. Hell I get a Enterprise gold key rental ( Jaguar, Escalade, and Sedan deville) got to try different rides instead sitting at home cursing and swearing at the damn thing until it works. I do change my own oil though! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YOU CALLING ME A GREASE MONKEY?
Old 06-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Hummer Guru

Attached Images

Old 06-13-2005, 11:32 PM

ARH1956 is off the scale

I had a similar experience but mine. My passenger mirror refused to fold properly & I could fool with it & get it going eventually. After a few weeks it would quit folding again. I finally took it in & they found the one circuit in the electronics in the mirror fried. New mirror installed, works perfectly. Good luck.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Hummer Guru

okay Ken, I get the . Please don't be too upset. I promise to always F!@ with it first, BEFORE I ask for Hummer Guru or HummerTech for advice
Old 06-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
okay Ken, I get the . Please don't be too upset. I promise to always F!@ with it first, BEFORE I ask for Hummer Guru or HummerTech for advice </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not referring to anyone in particular. My next mission is using the "Find" button.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummertech you are not the tech that worked on my vehicle. So don't take offense. You probably take pride in your work, and obviously this guy did not. It is a Hummer/Cadillac and "dare I say it" Buick dealership.