H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Elcova Newbie

Roger949 is on a distinguished road
Question Should I buy a hummer h2 sut? What reactions do you get while driving yours?

Hello and thanks for looking. I am new to the threads and just wanted to say Hi and ask for some peoples advice. I am purchasing my new car within 2 weeks and really like the hummer. I am however trying to choose between the 2007 escalade truck and the 07 h2 sut. Can anyone (if anyone) here who has both or has knowledge of both tell me which is better? Right now I am really leaning towards the hummer because its what I have always wanted. The only problem is I keep reading if how much a lot of people hate them because of the gas and blah blah blah, and would want to be getting flicked off or keyed just because I drive one. What is everyones opinion on that? I know it shouldnt matter, but I can help it. Is it really as bad as it looks, do people give you ugly faces and hard time everwhere you go? I live in southern california so if anyone can tell me their experiences I'd appreciate it. Alright well thats the end to my psot and any comments are appreciated. Thank you all for the help in advance.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should I buy a hummer h2 sut? What reactions do you get while driving yours?

Is this a serious question??????

I dont think it is.

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 02-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should I buy a hummer h2 sut? What reactions do you get while driving yours?

Get an H2 only if you want to destroy the trees and shrubbery that provide the nesting opportunities for rare birds and also want to sabotage the drainage patterns in the National Forests with deep tire ruts. They are also good for helping warm up the colder parts of the planet.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

Okay, i dont own an escalade nor do i know much about one. However i drive an H3 in south florida and theres tons of Hummers down here, so theres no issue with driving one here, because there are few who dont like it here and theyve just learned to live with the commanality of them. So you gotta look at where you live on that part of it, and also only like .001 percent of people that hate em will key em. Personally im a bigger fan of the Hummer over the Escalade, however the Escalade open back one is second favorite pick up out there, its really nice. So my personal advice would really just go with what you like/want more the gas mileage isnt going to be that much worse than the escalade. Let us know what you choose.

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 02-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Get an H2 only if you want to destroy the trees and shrubbery that provide the nesting opportunities for rare birds and also want to sabotage the drainage patterns in the National Forests with deep tire ruts. They are also good for helping warm up the colder parts of the planet.

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 02-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Hummer
the gas mileage isnt going to be that much worse than the escalade.

Yeah, it is. We get 16 in our Denali. The H2's a tank with the same engine. I haven't seen anyone get 16 with an H2. The new Escalade's too darned blingy for me though.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

I've been driving my H2 SUV for over a year now and it's the best truck I've ever driven. GO FOR IT !!

Frenzy
Belgium (Europe), and yes, people STARE at me all the time over here... Never had any negative comments so far.

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 02-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

zmanH2 is on a distinguished road

I live in SoCal too. So far so good after owning mine for 2 months.

I personally think the SUT is "cooler" than the Escalade. Plus if your 1st pick is really the H2T, I woud go for it.

I just make sure I garage mine & be more "aware" of the places I go to. Somebody who keys cars WILL key cars whether you have the Escalade or H2.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger949
Hello and thanks for looking. I am new to the threads and just wanted to say Hi and ask for some peoples advice. I am purchasing my new car within 2 weeks and really like the hummer. I am however trying to choose between the 2007 escalade truck and the 07 h2 sut. Can anyone (if anyone) here who has both or has knowledge of both tell me which is better? Right now I am really leaning towards the hummer because its what I have always wanted. The only problem is I keep reading if how much a lot of people hate them because of the gas and blah blah blah, and would want to be getting flicked off or keyed just because I drive one. What is everyones opinion on that? I know it shouldnt matter, but I can help it. Is it really as bad as it looks, do people give you ugly faces and hard time everwhere you go? I live in southern california so if anyone can tell me their experiences I'd appreciate it. Alright well thats the end to my psot and any comments are appreciated. Thank you all for the help in advance.

If you need to ask what to do then the Hummer is not for you. When you get a spine then you can buy one.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an 06 H2 SUV and my father has an 06 H2 SUT, wouldnt own anything else. The caddy isnt in the same league as the hummer. Like others have said, the caddy is blingy and if you are going to drop $60K on a 4x4, might as well get a real one. The caddy will have more creature comforts but wont get anywhere near the looks that the H2 will.

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 02-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

kom is an unknown quantity at this point

Get the Hummer. It has the cool factor and if you really like the Hummer, as you've said, then you will be disappointed without it. I wanted one when I first saw one. I've had mine for a little over a year and still love it. Thinking about an SUT to go w/the one I have - the wife drives it more than me.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Hummer Professional

Captain of the Titanic is an unknown quantity at this point

If you will get it muddy, Buy the Hummer.

If you are going to put moster rims and rubber bands on it, go Caddie.

If you care about gas mileage, buy a subaru, move to the colorado mountains and marry a leather skinned ski bunny.

If Arnold Swarztee is your idea of a real actor, buy the Hummer.

If Ice-T is your idea of a real actor, go with the Caddie.

If Tim Robbins is your idea of a real actor, buy a hydrid and write a blog about global warming.

If Disturbed is your idea of Rock and Roll, buy the Hummer.

If P.O.D. floats your boat, go Caddie.

If the Carpenters are still the best you've every heard, leave this forum and never return!

I like the Caddie, but I drive a Hummer!
2006 Twilight Maroon H2, Procomp 6001 rims, 35" X 12.5 X 17 Xterrain tires, Ram over-the-hood brush guard, Jet Stage I, Warn 9.5 winch and winch bumper, Hedman Headers, K&N Air charger, Lightforce driving lights, a little CHROME for good measure

2006 Victory Red H3 (The Titanic), R.I.P. - It didn't float

1968 Mustang GT convertible

2005 Harley Davidson Hertitage Softail, Stage I, Vance and Hines Big Shot Longs - Sold

2004 Jaguar S-Type (the wifemobile)
Old 02-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Hummer Professional

working Hummer is off the scale

If you want a pavement princess with bling buy a caddie, If you want a 4 wheel drive and like dirt get a Hummer. Who cares what society thinks of of you driving a Hummer. Most of the stuff people say to you, if you have a Hummer is funny anyhow. I like to come up with witty smart ass comebacks.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:33 AM
Hummer Professional

Goalkeeper has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Man I still love my H2 which i got brand new in 03 as an 03. 57k and it still rocks!

It still get looks (if that's what's your after) even after being on the road for almost 5 model years!

I just lent my to a buddy for the weekend and he called me like 6 times on his 3 hour drive to a ski resort saying how he loved the thing. He loved everything, the size, the comfort, how well it rides on the road, the looks he got...I could go on and on.

Drive them both and you'll know...

Good luck...

Also, I actually have a Caddy, an 06 SRX. My wife wanted a crossover and not the SUV and we love the car.

I have to say, either way you're getting alot of GM plastic!

-Matt
01 - Ducati 748 Bip, Yellow- Giddy Up!!
Old 02-20-2007, 01:51 AM
Hummer Professional

Goalkeeper has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Oh, and an Escalade won't look as a nice with a Gobi Rack & Ladder

-Matt
01 - Ducati 748 Bip, Yellow- Giddy Up!!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
If you need to ask what to do then the Hummer is not for you. When you get a spine then you can buy one.

Probably the shortest, best response possible.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

I'm with Captain of the Titanic !!

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 02-22-2007, 07:27 AM
Hummer Veteran

ASTAR is on a distinguished road

I have had no problems. Everywhere I go all I get are compliments.
I also have experience with both vehicles (see signature line) and my girls Escalade gets a solid 12.5mpg. Thats combined hwy/city driving. My H2 got a solid 11-11.5 when it had stock wheels/tires and no lift.

If you don't get the H2 you are crazy. Once you decide you want one, nothing else will do and you will spend everyday seeing them drive by wishing you would have bought one, trust me, I did. Finally I said "screw it, I am getting one!" Never been happier.
Black/Ebony, Lux, Air, DVD, Nav, 6" Fabtech Lift, 4.88 gears, 20x12 Weld Cheyenne 8's, 38x15.50 Toyo M/T's, Flowmaster cat-back, Hypertech Programmer, Airaid intake, Sirius tuner, IPOD adapter, Silverstars, Bike carriers, some Billet stuff.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:25 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Aficionado_VT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain of the Titanic
If you will get it muddy, Buy the Hummer.

If you are going to put moster rims and rubber bands on it, go Caddie.

If you care about gas mileage, buy a subaru, move to the colorado mountains and marry a leather skinned ski bunny.

If Arnold Swarztee is your idea of a real actor, buy the Hummer.

If Ice-T is your idea of a real actor, go with the Caddie.

If Tim Robbins is your idea of a real actor, buy a hydrid and write a blog about global warming.

If Disturbed is your idea of Rock and Roll, buy the Hummer.

If P.O.D. floats your boat, go Caddie.

If the Carpenters are still the best you've every heard, leave this forum and never return!

I like the Caddie, but I drive a Hummer!

You sir, make damn fine points.

AND THE KNEW ESCALADE IS UGLY!!! What the hell were they thinking? Speed vents on the side? Thanks, but no.