H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 03-31-2007, 01:25 AM
Hummer Expert

CONRAD II is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Magnuson Supercharger Purchased Today

Alright, Its done... I got it.
Going to get it done at Motor Sports Tech in Houston. www.motorsporttech.com They are going to start in early April. I can't wait. They are going to take care of ALL of the tuning but im keeping the stock tranny until it blows up. I only have 36,000 mi and my tranny is ok so far and I'm running 37 in nitto mud grapplers. Any suggestions? Am I going to spend all my time in the shop now because I screwd up a perfectly good truck...? Will I like it as much as I think?

03' White 2 Door H1 Pickup w/ 2in. body lift
05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
12' DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS 4X4 W/ FRONT & REAR LOCKERS
07' Z06
Old 03-31-2007, 04:35 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Aficionado_VT is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Magnuson Supercharger Purchased Today

Enjoy it! I'm sure it'll be a blast!
Old 04-01-2007, 01:21 AM
Hummer Professional

Sportsdude is off the scale

Congrats It's also on my list of things to get.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

wingnut2u is on a distinguished road

Congrats! You're gonna love it.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:46 AM
Hummer Expert

Does anyone remember who put the "Supercharged" range rover logo next to their h2 door badges after installing their charger?

05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
07' Z06
Old 04-01-2007, 02:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2 OHHH! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONRAD II
Does anyone remember who put the "Supercharged" range rover logo next to their h2 door badges after installing their charger?

here it is
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=25402
Old 04-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

On tranny, diffs, and engine drop all fluids as well as filters where it applies. Go with Royal Purple synthetic. Will make a difference and tranny may run for no telling how long. I only know the fact of Royal Purple so not saying any other fluid would not achieve this but, it was proven on Horespower TV that making all the changes to Royal Purple got them I think it was 8 more HP and I forget the torque.

On tranny firm up the shift as much as You can without it being to uncomfortable. This will be increasing line pressure thus reducing band slippage as much as can be done without a full tranny upgrade. This will really increase life of tranny, even stock. You could also change to a Vette servo and a few other things on tranny which I'm sure Your shop will be aware of.

Would help to go to a 160 degree T-Stat since they will be removing some things in the area anyway where it is only about an hour tops change out anyway. Heat is the main enemy to increased boost and detonation. Ask installers to do a throttle body heater hose by-pass. In the lower half of the USA this is not really needed as it just heats up throttle body temp raising fuel temp to aid in cold weather starts. I have done this mod to my H2 and first time on my 99 Silverado.

An electric fan conversion would be helpful sometime down the road. An OEM electric fan conversion can be used from I think the 3/4 ton GM trucks and also can be wired into PCM so that it will turn off and on by temp sensor using the factory programing. The function is already there for H2 just not used. You just have to have whoever tunes the rig turn that on. You do have to make some tranny line relocation or alteration that is. Nothing that is a big deal. You will need a wiring harness from Allen Nelson at nelsonperformance.com in Texas to run the dual fan setup.

Get boost and air fuel ratio gages just to be on the safe side and learn to check them as You do temp, oil, and other gages. You should not be romping it all the time once the new wears off. But, enjoy allot at first.

I have done all these things to my H2 and more so I feel comfortable in recomending these things. You do not have to do all at once but, standard rule i have lived by and learned is that once the mechanic is there and has somethings apart it does not cost much more to go ahead and get some other things done while he is working in the area.

I hope this has been helpful and if i can help further let me know with a PM and I will try to have an answer or find it out through connections if i do not know already. I'm sure i may have not covered some things but, hey I have been quite sick after thinking things were getting better so I could over look a good suggestion. I know i'm not wrong with what i mentioned here but, may have left out a little trick or two.

Congrats and You will enjoy the change if done right. In Dragon and my custom process we left all branding off for a cleaner show look but now with the supercharger badge to add on from range rover i wish now we had left the H2 on the sides. Perhaps we can come up with something in a painted on ghost spray effect like you can do with flames. Put it on each side of the reverse cowl hood scoop also i think would be nice.

TAz
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Hummer Professional

Captain of the Titanic is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a firm believer in good 4-core radiators when you've upped the HP. Go for the best, and you'll never regret it.
2006 Twilight Maroon H2, Procomp 6001 rims, 35" X 12.5 X 17 Xterrain tires, Ram over-the-hood brush guard, Jet Stage I, Warn 9.5 winch and winch bumper, Hedman Headers, K&N Air charger, Lightforce driving lights, a little CHROME for good measure

2006 Victory Red H3 (The Titanic), R.I.P. - It didn't float

1968 Mustang GT convertible

2005 Harley Davidson Hertitage Softail, Stage I, Vance and Hines Big Shot Longs - Sold

2004 Jaguar S-Type (the wifemobile)
Old 04-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Captain I do not disagree with You at all on radiator as cooling is a priority with more boost and HP. My experience with all the HP etc I run with my H2 has not been a problem yet unless as I lean it out more experimenting it pops up. I will then figure out what I need to do. The factory RAD does great with a dual electric fan setup. It did fine even before actually without the twin fans. My H2 is not a daily driver it is a show rig and I'm able to slowly push boost and HP so that it will leave me the luxury of tweaking and leaving it not having to adjust things back for regular street drivability.

You know as You mentioned I will have to look at the RAD more as I push the HP on up to the 750HP or as close to 1000HP as I can get it and I raise the boost on towards 16, 18 or 20lbs. I will have the water/methanol inj. going at WOT and co2 spray on the SC aftercooler radiator. It will just take tinkering.

Just going to 5lbs. of boost on my H2 was a nonevent except for the power and speed. I do have gauges to watch the situation and even ran 87 octane because tuning was so rich I had no detonation. Reason for trying the 87 was because it is more volatile than 93 and you get more power out of it than 93. Running the higher octane is to prevent detonation and help hold temps down. I had gauges before the supercharger was added and the tuner I used then was still leaving the rig running so rich it was a joke. I knew I was not going to have temp problems tweaking it more with SC. Even after adding the SC with the kit tuner it still left it real rich. HPTUNERS software will let me tweak the 5lbs. boost allot leaner first with wideband sensors before I go up in boost and I can watch the temps as I go.

You know crawling before you walk then walk before you run.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Hummer Expert

Its done! Headers, cams, and Magna Charger Super Charger! I'll let everyone know what I think and post pics tomorrow. I already think Im changing the heads though...

66' VETTE STINGRAY
07' Z06
Old 04-21-2007, 04:54 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 04-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONRAD II
I used this one:

Name:  lpelogo.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  46.0 KB

As for cooling, I never had any problems with the stock radiator, but I know several that did. I had the stock fan on, switched to the electric fans until I shredded them in some water, then went back to stock.

If you plan on wheeling the truck in deep water with electric fans, make sure you have a kill switch for the fans so you can turn them off when blasting through the water.

160* t-stat is mandatory.

http://griffinrad.com/
Old 04-22-2007, 02:23 AM
Hummer Expert

Going to post the pics of the charger asap, things have been crazy today! I have a question though.. Does anyone know what the variance should be on the air/fuel ratio gauge. Mine reads something like 14.6 I believe and it stays that way most of the time. What number should I look for if something is wrong? Also, is there a break in period for the charger? MTI was closed

66' VETTE STINGRAY
07' Z06