H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-25-2011, 11:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

finall is on a distinguished road
Default GM will not give me my 2nd free NAV disc

So I called GM today to ask for my 2nd and last free DVD disc for our 07 H2.

After all, they promised that you get 2 free updates. What they failed to tell me is that YES, you get 2 free updates, but within a limited amount of time. And then they told me since I missed the deadline for my 2nd free disk, no disc for me! My first update was in Oct. 2009, at which time they even sent me the 2009 disk (# 25956245U, instead of the 2010 since those were soon to be released).

I explained very nicely to the person at GMnavdisc.com that they did not tell me that there was a time limit, so I just did not bother updating the old 09 disk, until it became a problem by missing new streets. That would be now. They said "Too Bad for you".

This just does not seem fair! I was mislead by GM, and I am sure that I am not the only person this has happened to.

So does anyone out there have a working copy of either the 2010 disc (GM part# 20855830) or the 2011 disc (GM part #20945770) they would be willing to share a copy of?

I would of course pay for your packaging/postage. Please PM me if you would be so kind. Many thanks for your help!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

Luv2Camp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GM will not give me my 2nd free NAV disc

Try calling them again and see if you get someone else. Do not get pushy/pissed off with them on the phone as they will say no. If you do it right and get the right person, they will make a concession for you as a "customer service" Hit them with you may be looking at another GM soon and you have been a GM customer BECAUSE of their great customer service.... If you bought from a dealer, tell them that the dealer advised you of the two free discs as well when you purchased. Worth it to keep trying. The worst is they keep saying no!

Does it work??? Yes. I know this because I did it. I got my new copy about two months ago and I have a 2006 H2. They started to pull the same lines with me but after discussing the above, the rep put me on hold for a short while and came back with the approval.... GOOD LUCK!
Old 03-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

Z06RB is on a distinguished road

I didn't have any luck with them either.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:27 AM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

so your looking at test driving a few new vehicles w/ navigation systems from your dealer? Did I just say that?
Old 03-02-2011, 07:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

KT2T is on a distinguished road

GM Nav Disc - $200.00
Garmin 1490LMT - $180.00

GM loses, big time. The Garmin, while not built-in, has lifetime maps and traffic (LMT), is portable so that I can have my saved waypoints regardless of which vehicle I am in, etc. For those reasons and more I told gmnavdisc.com dolts (actually the same unhelpful Helm dolts who ignore me about dozens of errors in the service manual set) to stuff their disc. I will *never* buy another GM vehicle.

2000 HUMMER HMCS, kevlar flat black, Rubber Duck lift, Predator stage 3 kit, Predator (Wilwood) Big Brake kit, a work in progress...

2008 H2, graystone, air suspension (DELETED), U-steps, SMA brushguard w/valance (DRLs replaced by PIAA 520s), black taillight guards/locking fuel door/roof crossbars (x4), Cognito UCA/pitman-idler, Bilstein shocks, Rancho steering stabilizer, Kryptonite tie rods, green keys, Fuel D525 20" Revolver, 37" Nitto Ridge Grappler