H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 09-13-2011, 06:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

adamw89_2000 is on a distinguished road
Default Bds lift kit

I installed a 6" bds kit on my h2 a little under a year ago now. I upgraded to the better 9500 shocks they suggested because of the size of the hummer sayin it would ride much better. Not even a year and front shocks r blown! I do no wheeling in my h2 at sll! Called them up and I have to go through my distributer. Called them up and bds no longer carried that shock and switched to fox I believe... It's under warranty but since the new shocks cost more they want me to pay difference? Is that fair?? I don't think so considering I'm having to do all the labor..... Should I fight with them or what's you guys input? Also I been wanting to add shock hoops with dual reservoir shocks. I love th look. What's your input on that? Thanks
Old 09-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Hummer Professional

charles06 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bds lift kit

Unfortunately, you're probably screwed regarding the shocks. And I would assume that the shocks are not covered by BDS' warranty. Most likely, BDS' shocks are made by someone else, so see if you can figure out who makes them, and see if that company will cover the warranty.

As for the shock hoops, I had the Fabtech dual shock kit on my truck and ended up selling it. It kept coming loose, so I just took it off. When I had it off, I realized the shocks were useless. I could compress them by hand, and I'm not a big guy. They were as firm as an accordian...worthless. Ever notice that Baja race trucks only run one shock? Granted, that shock costs WAY more than all 4 of ours, but they are also jumping, etc. A properly valved shock will do tons more than multiple shocks.

My advice would be to get a properly valved shock, or one with a remote resevoir that is "tunable", and go from there. Also, make sure the shock is rebuidable. It won't have the "cool look" of dual shocks, but it'll work much better. For referance, I have the Fabtech Dirt Logics on my truck, and they're great.

Sorry for the long answer. Hope it helps. If you have any questions, ask away...
White 2005 SUT, Lifted 7.5" via Fabtech/custom work, Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks, 40x15.5x22 Toyo's, black 22" Fuel wheels, 4.88 gears, Dynatech long tube headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Air-raid intake, Superchips programmer, Edlebrock panhard bar, Cognito UCA's, Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idlar arm gussets, Hotchkis swaybars and trailing arms, Amp Research steps, E&G fender flares, PIAA SMR's, smoked roof lights (bulbs removed), black suede headliner, 13" JL's under seat
Old 09-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Hummer Professional

Just realized you posted about 25 other topics. If you're not truly interested, don't let me find you. Like I said above, I may not be a big guy, but I could scratch the $hit out of you.
White 2005 SUT, Lifted 7.5" via Fabtech/custom work, Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks, 40x15.5x22 Toyo's, black 22" Fuel wheels, 4.88 gears, Dynatech long tube headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Air-raid intake, Superchips programmer, Edlebrock panhard bar, Cognito UCA's, Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idlar arm gussets, Hotchkis swaybars and trailing arms, Amp Research steps, E&G fender flares, PIAA SMR's, smoked roof lights (bulbs removed), black suede headliner, 13" JL's under seat
Old 09-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

ive posted about 5 other topics as you said because the admin just now approved my account after about a year and a half now not being able to reply or post a new thread. ive got lots of questions about things ive learned and still need to learn about my h2. so yes i am very interested in my questions i asked or i wouldnt have bothered typing them up. thanks
Old 09-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Hummer Professional

Haha. Sorry, I meant no offense. There's been a lot of BS posts around here lately as I'm sure you're aware.

Welcome to the board! Hope you get your other questions answered. I read through them, but I didn't have much experience with those.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

yes iam aware, i like to read alot of new topics because alot of this info on here is old and not enough people posting i believe so i like to post to give everyone something to read and hopefully help other people get there answers they need as well.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

Well I spoke to bds and my distributor both today and this is what I found out.... Bds does not warranty shocks.... They discontinued my 9500 series I upgraded to because edlebroch was making them for bds and couldn't keep up with demand so that let fox take over making. New shocks. They have since discontinued make the 6" lift for the h2 all together because demand was not there for it anymore! They r nice enough though to exchange my shocks with the upgraded version fox makes so I got new ones on the way! We will see how these shocks do.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:44 AM
Hummer Professional

That's awesome! I wish more companies were like that. Nice job.