H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Hummer Professional

aggiehummer...er is off the scale

We used the SIRKEN1 Sirius tuner ran through the Soundgate KNGM1 adapter and got Sirius to work. I know a couple of people had been asking about it, thought I'd post our results.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Hummer Professional

We used the SIRKEN1 Sirius tuner ran through the Soundgate KNGM1 adapter and got Sirius to work. I know a couple of people had been asking about it, thought I'd post our results.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:43 AM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point

just did the same thing im not sure the specs of the receiver i have but the adaptor is prolly the same, it kinda bothers me that i cant change channels with the steering wheel thou, however the volume button works on the wheel, and the delay when i wait for a channel to come on is annoying too, i also have issues with not being able to use the touch screen to change channels , maybe the install wasnt done properly or ill just have to live with these things, but icant complain cuz i hated XM, does ur system do the same as mine does?
Old 01-02-2006, 02:14 AM
Hummer Professional

I'll play around with it for a little bit tomorrow, I'll keep you posted.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:15 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aggiehummer...er:
We used the SIRKEN1 Sirius tuner ran through the Soundgate KNGM1 adapter and got Sirius to work. I know a couple of people had been asking about it, thought I'd post our results. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Can Sewall Hummer sell me this and install it for me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BUWAHAHA!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

DeBest is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MONSTERMATT:
just did the same thing im not sure the specs of the receiver i have but the adaptor is prolly the same, it kinda bothers me that i cant change channels with the steering wheel thou, however the volume button works on the wheel, and the delay when i wait for a channel to come on is annoying too, i also have issues with not being able to use the touch screen to change channels , maybe the install wasnt done properly or ill just have to live with these things, but icant complain cuz i hated XM, does ur system do the same as mine does? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would also be interested in knowing if there is a problem with your install or if these are the problems that will need to be dealt with as I am wanting to make the switch to Sirius as well. Let us know..........
00 Harley Fatboy
65 Harley Panhead
Old 01-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Hummer Professional

It's Sewell.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Hummer Expert

im not sure how to find out, oh never mind if kodiakz reads this he knows , the guy who installed it for me had to ask kodi some questions and he was the MAN about it so im sure he will know
Old 01-04-2006, 12:18 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Matt, it should work pretty well. The instructions in the Soundgate kit are vital as it is basically using the xm settings to control Sirius. Your wheel controls should change stations up or down in a give category. Make sure you have the correct mode set on the radio. If you don't have/can't find the instrucions on the Sgate piece, ket me know and I will get you antother set.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:32 AM

WZOMBIE is off the scale

What exactly do you need to get Sirius to work instead of hard wiring a new Sirius radio.It sounds like the H2 is prewired for it or XM???
Old 01-04-2006, 01:45 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

H2 is not prewired for Sirius, although you can use the oem xm antenna if so equipped. To get sirius direct through the head, you need a Kenwood sr901 or 902 tuner in addition to a Soundgate KenGM v3. Install is very easy.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 01-04-2006, 02:23 AM
Hummer Expert

hmmmm, this dude that installed mine ran the sirius antannae on the roof, and he said to do it right he would have had to drill through the body? i said no way, im beginning to wonder if this guy knew what was up, what about that 2 second pause when i change the channels? that is pissin me off bad, is that normal? and kodiakz , thanks for all your help , u are a true hummer brother!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 03:13 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">do it right he would have had to drill through the body </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bawahwahahhahwhwhhhaaaahahwaa!!! That is a complete pile of sh*t!! There are many ways of routing the antenna in without drilling anything. You can come in through the onstar antenna, through the third brake light, through the rear upper mounding on the sut, etc etc etc. Tell him he needs to drill another hole in his head as the first one let in too much water. There is always a pause when switching stations on xm or sirus as the tuner needs to get the stream and start decoding it. Some may swicth faster than others, but some are very slow. I just got the new S50 for my installers for xmas and that thing is super slow!!
Old 01-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

You guys should check out:

http://www.siriusbackstage.com
and
http://www.getsiriusinfo.com

Backstage has a huge list of members that have probably tried everything to get XM ready vehicles to except a Sirius unit.

Get Sirius Info is just starting out and also has a growing list of members.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

A few quick questions for you guys.

Are you adding Sirius with XM, or using Sirius instead of XM? Can you run XM and Sirius through the head unit at the same time? Any idea if this can be done with the H3 6-Disc unit?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Hummer Expert

u can run the sirius right thru the stock head unit and it works ok, u need to look at the above posts, u also need the soundgate gm adaptor and the tuner and, talk to kodiakz
Old 01-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can you run XM and Sirius through the head unit at the same time? Any idea if this can be done with the H3 6-Disc unit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't believe that you can do both as the factory radio is only set up for one sat input. you could use the sirius direct, and then use the terk kit in conjuncion with an xm commander control unit for the xm. You would have an external display for the xm, but the audio would be direct.