H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 10-30-2005, 10:38 PM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point

im thinking of getting a H2 but only if i throw 6 inches of lift on it and some beefies too!! ive looked at rancho's 6 incher and the fabtech lift for 6 inches as well, what lift would you guys consider to be the best quality or the better buy? i am leaning toward fabtech but id like to hear some opinions , i also was wondering if it is possible to fit 39 inch tires on with 6 inches of lift? there is a guy on e bay who claims his 2003 H2 has 39 inch superswamper irok tires on it thanks and karma to all who respond
Old 10-30-2005, 10:38 PM
Hummer Expert

im thinking of getting a H2 but only if i throw 6 inches of lift on it and some beefies too!! ive looked at rancho's 6 incher and the fabtech lift for 6 inches as well, what lift would you guys consider to be the best quality or the better buy? i am leaning toward fabtech but id like to hear some opinions , i also was wondering if it is possible to fit 39 inch tires on with 6 inches of lift? there is a guy on e bay who claims his 2003 H2 has 39 inch superswamper irok tires on it thanks and karma to all who respond
Old 10-30-2005, 11:25 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Matt.

Welcome to the forum. I installed a 6" Fabtech lift this weekend. Here's some writeup about it.

Fabtech lift

One thing to consider (and I don't know if Rancho does) is the front driveshaft is included in the Fabtech kit. I think the driveshaft is about 4-500 dollars.

Something to consider.

Mark
Old 10-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Hummer Expert

thanks for the response and the warm welcome, i will check the rancho for the driveshaft, now after reading the other forum im learning that a "steering kit" is needed im not familiar with this and i am no gear head lol so any input is gratefully appreciated oh and what about fitting the 39 inch super swampers with 6 inches of lift?
Old 10-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I, along with several others here, have seen this Fabtech equipped H2 perform in Moab and all were jaw-dropped impressed.

To get more info contact Phil from here:

http://www.trailduty.com

Old 10-31-2005, 01:35 AM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
I, along with several others here, have seen this Fabtech equipped H2 perform in Moab and all were jaw-dropped impressed.

To get more info contact Phil from here:

http://www.trailduty.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

X2 !!
Old 10-31-2005, 09:28 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MONSTERMATT:
thanks for the response and the warm welcome, i will check the rancho for the driveshaft, now after reading the other forum im learning that a "steering kit" is needed im not familiar with this and i am no gear head lol so any input is gratefully appreciated oh and what about fitting the 39 inch super swampers with 6 inches of lift? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't tell you about the 39's but my 38's fit perfectly. I'm told that 37's will fit a stock H2 but will rub if out wheelin' and flexing the suspension...

Anotherwards, I can't imagine why 39's or 40's wouldn't fit. I just don't know if they'll rub if you're out actually using the suspension.

Perhaps one of our more technically advanced members can comment.

Personally, I wouldn't run 39's. I can tell a difference in performance (not that I'm out drag racing) going from stock to 38's. The trans seems to shift more often between overdrive and drive. I could see 39's being even worse.

Just my .02 worth.

Mark
Old 10-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

Plus...it looks bad ass!
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2005, 12:46 PM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, mine has never rubbed! I run 38's.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
Here's some info on my Fabtech install;

http://www.*******club.com/tech/lift.html

38's rub hard when wheeling with a 6" lift, so expect 39's to rub hard also. However, they mainly rub on the rear of the front wheel well and just require about the bottom 6" of wheel well liner to be trimmed out. They will still rub against the sheet metal behind it, but only just. So it isn't a big deal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>