H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-22-2003, 08:24 PM
Site Admin

Jason has disabled reputation

To those involved in this recent mess, I am asking that you all try to forgive and forget. It has gotten out of hand and has become a huge detriment to me and more importantly the site and our community.

The bickering is nearly impossible to tolerate, but I am find myself in a difficult situation: cleaning up the mess vs. being accused of censorship. I prefer to stay out, as past "discussions" have mostly worked themselves out on their own.

This "discussion" is a bit different, as I have received more complaints about it than any other. It is time to drop it, no apologies need to be made, lets just move on and forget about the past.

To those who were not involved and were subject to the language and the images:

I apologize to you all. I will try to do a better job of keeping things focused on the H2 and the topics relating to it.

I realize that beefs between individuals will occur, but I ask that you take them private immediately and not subject others to your dirty laundry.

This is OUR community and I hope that everyone will look out for its best interests. We all have enough BS to deal with in our everyday lives; this should be one of our places to escape.

I appreciate your future cooperation and I appreciate everyone's input on all matters, good or bad.

Regards,
Jason

PS - I can be reached at any time to discuss any and all matters, my email box is always open - jrosoff@sprynet.com.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:24 PM
Site Admin

To those involved in this recent mess, I am asking that you all try to forgive and forget. It has gotten out of hand and has become a huge detriment to me and more importantly the site and our community.

The bickering is nearly impossible to tolerate, but I am find myself in a difficult situation: cleaning up the mess vs. being accused of censorship. I prefer to stay out, as past "discussions" have mostly worked themselves out on their own.

This "discussion" is a bit different, as I have received more complaints about it than any other. It is time to drop it, no apologies need to be made, lets just move on and forget about the past.

To those who were not involved and were subject to the language and the images:

I apologize to you all. I will try to do a better job of keeping things focused on the H2 and the topics relating to it.

I realize that beefs between individuals will occur, but I ask that you take them private immediately and not subject others to your dirty laundry.

This is OUR community and I hope that everyone will look out for its best interests. We all have enough BS to deal with in our everyday lives; this should be one of our places to escape.

I appreciate your future cooperation and I appreciate everyone's input on all matters, good or bad.

Regards,
Jason

PS - I can be reached at any time to discuss any and all matters, my email box is always open - jrosoff@sprynet.com.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:35 PM

Detonate is off the scale

Damn man. Isn't this what has been asked of us all along?

I mean seriously. There needs to be very clear line drawn in the sand.

If any of us singles out any of the others, ban them. No questions asked. Everyone will be clear as day on the rules, and no complaints or incidents should ever occur.

------------------------------
2003 Red H2 equipped with Tough Country Heavy Duty Armor Series Front End with Winch, Rear Bumper, Brush Guard, and Roof Rack.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:42 PM

Case and point. He can't even go the 5 minutes.

2003 Red H2 equipped with Tough Country Heavy Duty Armor Series Front End with Winch, Rear Bumper, Brush Guard, and Roof Rack.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:42 PM
Site Admin

Detonate,

I deal with so much slack for banning anyone, no matter how solid I believe my reasons to be and prefer not to do it.

Rather, I am asking again for everyone to accept responsibility for themselves. If that can not be accomplished, maybe it would be better that I ask you to ban yourself (I am not referring to you literally here.)

Maybe you are right, definite lines in the sand should be drawn, but I prefer not to do it and get involved with a "you banned me, well he did this, so you need to ban him too" arguments.

Jason
Old 11-22-2003, 08:44 PM

That's why I'm saying forget everything in the past. Start fresh. That way there is no excuses.

You just saw how effective your speach was. I made absolutely no mention of anyone. Just trying to resolve this, and he busts out with the name calling.

Old 11-22-2003, 08:52 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I realize that beefs between individuals will occur, but I ask that you take them private immediately and not subject others to your dirty laundry.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My post @ 04:35 PM
Your post @ 04:39 PM

Time elapsed < 5 minutes.

That was minutes you couldn't go without the name calling, after it was just asked again that it be cut out.

Old 11-22-2003, 09:00 PM

argonaut is off the scale

Here is my take on this. I really agree with jason that all of these serious fights need to be kept private. I also really appreciate the fact that you try to stay out of most everything here. The one reason that i really love this site is that Jason lets threads go on and work themselves out. Unlike most mods out there, he isn't imposing his will on anybody. That is a very respectable quality, and has made this site my favorite place. Alec, I don't think Jason wants this to be a sterile H2 only site, I think he wants us to have fun, but aside from just making fun of each other, things build up and get out of hand like this detonate thing.

I don't think banning people is a solution to anything. In fact i think it is just childish to do. That is, unless somebody really becomes a detriment to the community and really makes this a bad place. Trolls that are offensive, people doing unauthorized sales pitches, etc. This fight was trending that way. I'm glad Jason put his foot down in the way he did. We all need to respect this and if we want to fight we need to do it in PMs.

Somebody suggested a "Steel cage match" area of the forum. that was actually a good idea. All of this type of crap and Troll threads and the like could be moved there. Thatway people who want a more sterile site can stay away from that area. Not a bad idea IMHO.

Regradless, Jason, you have a great website here. It is full of great H2 info, pics, videos, and stories. It also is a great place to socialize with newfound friends that share a passion for the H2. Congrats on running such a great forum, and once again I greatly respect/appreciate your hands off approach.
Old 11-22-2003, 09:03 PM

You such a douche bag, Alec. You think that just because you went to Moab everyone should bow down to you. That's why you threw that little hissy fit last night when things weren't going your way.

I love the little cry baby act you have going here. It suits you.

Old 11-22-2003, 09:04 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Detonate:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I realize that beefs between individuals will occur, but I ask that you take them private immediately and not subject others to your dirty laundry.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My post @ 04:35 PM
Your post @ 04:39 PM

Time elapsed < 5 minutes.

That was minutes you couldn't go without the name calling, after it was just asked again that it be cut out.

2003 Red H2 equipped with Tough Country Heavy Duty Armor Series Front End with Winch, Rear Bumper, Brush Guard, and Roof Rack.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus, do you ever know when to shut up?
You are without a doubt the single biggest hypocrite crybaby I've ever seen.
Old 11-22-2003, 09:06 PM

Hooray! More people to help me prove my point.

Drive that stake home.

Old 11-22-2003, 09:09 PM

Grim_Smoker is off the scale

Hey I got an idea, why dont we wake up, go to work, come home, sit down and shut the **** up. I can understand people not getting along and fighting and what-not, but it really seems this whole issue is consuming you all.

This whole board filled with this bull****, and DRTYFN and I talking in PM's getting along. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

Old 11-22-2003, 09:24 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

See Deto-nut,
Grim and I used to be at each others' throats all the time. We eventually got over it and now PM back and forth every now & then in a very civil manner. If we lived closer we'd probably go 4xing together.
It's mystifying how you can continue to beat your thick head against the wall.
Old 11-22-2003, 09:28 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
See Deto-nut,
Grim and I used to be at each others' throats all the time. We eventually got over it and now PM back and forth every now & then in a very civil manner. If we lived closer we'd probably go 4xing together.
It's mystifying how you can continue to beat your thick head against the wall.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I so want to be friends with you DF. The part where you start and end every paragraph you write to me with an insult totally does it for me.

Old 11-22-2003, 09:35 PM

argonaut is off the scale

DRTY messes with everybody, it's his personality. But most people realise it and get past it. All I'm saying is don't take everything against you personally and this will go away.
Old 11-22-2003, 09:51 PM

Grim_Smoker is off the scale

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.