H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

If you guys have names of some good sales people there let me know. I'm going to be there in few weeks and planning to take one for a little spin. Hopefulle the road to Pikes Peak is still doable

And please, delete the previous dicussion since this one giant pile dog poop destroyer happened to find his way there...
Old 08-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

If you guys have names of some good sales people there let me know. I'm going to be there in few weeks and planning to take one for a little spin. Hopefulle the road to Pikes Peak is still doable

And please, delete the previous dicussion since this one giant pile dog poop destroyer happened to find his way there...
Old 08-20-2005, 03:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

Rubiconman is off the scale

He will prolly find this aswell
Old 08-20-2005, 04:02 PM
Hummer Expert

CslRkH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would recommend Darwin. We worked with him about 6 weeks ago and were treated like royalty.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer destroyer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W1N:

And please, delete the previous dicussion since this one giant pile dog poop destroyer happened to find his way there... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, there are MANY h2 dealers in the New England area...Makes perfect sense to buy one 1200 miles from it's shipping port, and pay anothder 1500 to have it shipped....or, if you are unlucky, DRIVEN there.

:dunce: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I'll change my tone for a second, it would be nice if we both did and we all could quit this crap.

I have lived in CO for a while and I'm going there to meet my old friend and do little business. I will buy the truck from here in Finland, but since they don't keep a stock here and I want to testdrive a 2006 before I buy one (or anything else I buy) This is the best way to do it. There is the reason.

Also if for some reason I'd have to buy one from States and ship it over, I do want some mods to be made by the dealer. By being able to meet the sales personel in person will help me to get what I want. See, I don't want the find out afterwards that something that I wanted was not taken care of. I also have contacts to a exporting company that will ship the vehicle if needed and it is not some much difference between Miami and Denver (comparing to the risk of not having everything to as planned).
Old 08-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer destroyer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W1N:

And please, delete the previous dicussion since this one giant pile dog poop destroyer happened to find his way there... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, there are MANY h2 dealers in the New England area...Makes perfect sense to buy one 1200 miles from it's shipping port, and pay anothder 1500 to have it shipped....or, if you are unlucky, DRIVEN there.

Ok, I'll change my tone for a second, it would be nice if we both did and we all could quit this crap.

I have lived in CO for a while and I'm going there to meet my old friend and do little business. I will buy the truck from here in Finland, but since they don't keep a stock here and I want to testdrive a 2006 before I buy one (or anything else I buy) This is the best way to do it. There is the reason.

Also if for some reason I'd have to buy one from States and ship it over, I do want some mods to be made by the dealer. By being able to meet the sales personel in person will help me to get what I want. See, I don't want the find out afterwards that something that I wanted was not taken care of. I also have contacts to a exporting company that will ship the vehicle if needed and it is not some much difference between Miami and Denver (comparing to the risk of not having everything to as planned). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, you already have made up your mind to purchase one in finland..Then WHY ASK ABOUT US DEALERS?

TRUST ME, the effort to get a USA spec H2 shipped over to Europe will KILL any Chance of getting a good deal.

TRUST ME. I deal in Grey market cars EVERY DAY. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To testdrive, period. To find a good sales person to work with. The ones I buy from Finland are also shipped from US and are in US specs, before they make $22,000 worth of changes and tests on it. So basically I could talk to a dealer and have then the Finnish company to buy one from them. This in theory, and most likely will not work.

Question to you: Do enjoy all this crap? Do you deal with anonymous people this way all the time? Do you like arguments, disagreements or even war? I truely hope not...
Old 08-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Also if for some reason I'd have to buy one from States and ship it over, I do want some mods to be made by the dealer. By being able to meet the sales personel in person will help me to get what I want. See, I don't want the find out afterwards that something that I wanted was not taken care of. I also have contacts to a exporting company that will ship the vehicle if needed and it is not some much difference between Miami and Denver (comparing to the risk of not having everything to as planned). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would talk with Darwin or Stan. Both are great guys! I have gotten two rigs from them inthe past 6 months and have never had a better automotive sales experience.

Also, you do know that you will have to register and keep the vehicle titled in the States for six months before shipping it. It has something to do with HUMMER and the dealers. I talked to Darwin about this, so you may want to call ahead.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Hummer Guru

So, here's a couple of questions:

WHen people import a car from the states to Europe, they pay a certain ammount to have it shipped and import taxes. How are these determined? Luxury Tax? Claisified by weight/ cost?

Next, is that why all the Italian/ German imports cost so much here in the states?
Old 08-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

So, you already have made up your mind to purchase one in finland..Then WHY ASK ABOUT US DEALERS?

TRUST ME, the effort to get a USA spec H2 shipped over to Europe will KILL any Chance of getting a good deal.

TRUST ME. I deal in Grey market cars EVERY DAY. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To testdrive, period. To find a good sales person to work with. The ones I buy from Finland are also shipped from US and are in US specs, before they make $22,000 worth of changes and tests on it. So basically I could talk to a dealer and have then the Finnish company to buy one from them. This in theory, and most likely will not work.

Question to you: Do enjoy all this crap? Do you deal with anonymous people this way all the time? Do you like arguments, disagreements or even war? I truely hope not... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not test drive over there? the vehicle will perform different once it's classed to Eurospec.

I know that the last 2 lambos that were shipped over here for out company performed so badly after comforming to usspec that we had to eat the cost on them. The buyer did not want neutered Diablos. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. They do not keep large stock, so it's pretty much question of luck if they have one ready for testdrive. And, the dealer is not authorized (there are non in Europe so far), so it is more or less importing business they do rather than being a Hummer dealer.

2. The changes that has to be made are only such that will not effect the driving. The driving lamps, rear brake lamps, Windshield and some minor things must be changed, but other than that it can be left as it is. This all because H2 is concidered as a heavy truck (weight over 3,500 kg) and heavy truck -class vehicles have much less requirements as passenger rated vehicles in EU, so it doesn't have to meet the Eurospec.

So test driving it in CO will do fine for me. And again it is not the reason I'm in Colorado. Your point would be valid if I flew over just for that one 24 hour span to test drive the H2.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
So, here's a couple of questions:

WHen people import a car from the states to Europe, they pay a certain ammount to have it shipped and import taxes. How are these determined? Luxury Tax? Claisified by weight/ cost?

Next, is that why all the Italian/ German imports cost so much here in the states? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you take vehicle from US to EU (for example Finland, which is poor example because we have like the highest taxes on vehicles anywhere in the world):

1. Price of the vehicle in US
2. Shipping, insrance and the other staff related to shipping
3. Customs (Passenger Vehicles 10%, Heavy rated trucks 22% of the all of the previous added together)
4. Vehicle tax (Passenger Vehicles 22%, Heavy rated trucks 0% of the all of the previous added together)
5. Sales tax 22% of the all of the previous added together

The difference between different countries in Europe is pretty much in parts 4. and 5. In Central Europe those are less than in Finland.

If you take Vehicle from EU to US I believe there are some customs costs, but I think the main reason Italian and German cars are so expensive is that they all are branded luxury vehicles, which enables them to be placed in the higher pricing category. I mean looking at the pricing of SAAB, it is not really in line with similiar vehicles made in US. Only reason I can think of is the European status label on it. Personally I think SAABs have even never looked so good anyways.

Thanks for the contact info!
Old 08-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

Darwin helped me when I was still looking for my truck... but I don't see that he is still with the dealership! (He isn't listed on the contact page...???)

http://www.alserrahummer.com/about.htm

Good luck, whatever you decide!

I posted on the other thread with regard to the interior tire mount... guess that is moot point since you are looking at an '06 model... sorry!

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv
Old 08-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LoLo:
Darwin helped me when I was still looking for my truck... but I don't see that he is still with the dealership! (He isn't listed on the contact page...???)

I posted on the other thread with regard to the interior tire mount... guess that is moot point since you are looking at an '06 model... sorry! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WELL, He was still THERE when I talked to him THERE last week.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Hummer Professional

LoLo is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LoLo:

I posted on the other thread with regard to the interior tire mount... guess that is moot point since you are looking at an '06 model... sorry! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WELL, He was still THERE when I talked to him THERE last week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...must have something against being photographed! (witness protection program??? )

05 Desert Sand H2 Adv