H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-16-2004, 10:36 PM

sand-hog is off the scale

Im thinking about trading in my H2 for a 2005 BMW 745Li. I love the way those new 7 series look, the one im getting hooked up with is about $79,000 (after tax/licence). Im guessing ill get somewhre around $35-40000 for the H2
it is an 03' yellow only.15000 miles..flipdown tv/dvd player...wood dash trim..chrome package,,brush guard..tire carrier....n e one else own a new bmw 5 series or 7 series let me know how u like them...
thanks.....
\'03 Yellow H2,Lux/Adv Package, 3rd Row Seat, 10.7\" Flip down LCD monitor w/dvd & TV Tuner. Wood interior trim, RW chrome locking fuel door, hitch step,rear tire carrier, husky molded frnt/rear mud guards.

Im thinking about trading in my H2 for a 2005 BMW 745Li. I love the way those new 7 series look, the one im getting hooked up with is about $79,000 (after tax/licence). Im guessing ill get somewhre around $35-40000 for the H2
it is an 03' yellow only.15000 miles..flipdown tv/dvd player...wood dash trim..chrome package,,brush guard..tire carrier....n e one else own a new bmw 5 series or 7 series let me know how u like them...
thanks.....
\'03 Yellow H2,Lux/Adv Package, 3rd Row Seat, 10.7\" Flip down LCD monitor w/dvd & TV Tuner. Wood interior trim, RW chrome locking fuel door, hitch step,rear tire carrier, husky molded frnt/rear mud guards.

thanks.....
Old 12-16-2004, 11:22 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Check your PM.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

sclui56 is off the scale

sand,

My wife drives an 03 745i and while the vehicle is very nice, I can't say much about the elecronics nor electricals. Took delivery in 10/03 and noticed the steering wheel was vibrating at speed, dealer balanced tires, swapped, and it still vibrated. It turned out to be a bad batch of component in the pinion gear area and BMW NA claimed they didn't know which vehicle suffered from this batch (I call it B/S as they must know this).

The i-drive is probably one of those good ideas that went south, and I believe the implementation is the worst in its class (even BMW has updated the interface in the new 6 & 5 series), by comparison, the Audi's version is much more intuitive. If you are comfortable with the i-drive, then it shouldn't bother you too much, but in my wife's case, she relies on the voice command instead. The 7 series has gone through more software patches than Win XP and the latest fiasco we encountered was a melted side bolster on the driver's seat due to poorly designed heating element, why only the driver's seat is beyond me, but this last "smoking" seat happened in a span of 5 seconds from the time she engaged the heated seat and took 13 working days to resolve.

The included phone (Moto V60) is an EOL product, and up to now they still haven't provided a bluetooth solution to be retrofitted, they think they have a workaround, but it cannot coexist with the on-board navigation.

I was looking at the 6 series right about the time I bought the H2 2 months ago but decided to pass on it. May be it was fate, but an associate of mine just took delivery of the 6 and we were having lunch, he got a call from BMW telling him not to operate the vehicle & they would come & fetch it. It turned out that one of the modules had some faulty codes which could render the vehicle inoperable without warning - loss of all power. So they do know which module went with which vehicle after all....

Don't get me wrong as I love to drive my wife's 7 (though I find the steering overly boost and not providing enough feedback), the mechanical/electronic stablization is simply amazing, I could turn on a dime without experiencing much sway/roll. OTOH, if we were to do it over again, the 7 won't be on our short list, not unless they ditch the i-drive and give me some old-fashioned knobs & buttons.

You may want to hop over to http://www.bimmerfest.com/ & see what the general experience has been, that's a fairly decent forum and one of the reps from BMW participates on as well.

Good luck...
Old 12-21-2004, 03:19 PM

thanks for the heads up and i will definatly check out that website..
thanks
Old 12-30-2004, 04:52 PM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

Sand - I traded my 03 in on a BMW M3 about three months ago - it had 36,000 miles on it - Manik racks - guards and ladder - lux package - they gave me $33,000 on a trade in (I think - that is the figure that seems to be stuck in my mind anyway).

And I love the M3 - no regrets.

Oh and happy Christmas to everyone - I still read the site daily.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:42 PM

KIDZBOX is off the scale

Not sure how the Beemer will handle off road

The 7's a great driver. Obviously a totally different experience in its own right.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Banned

Wheelin is off the scale

I think I will trade my H2 for an H3 when they arrive here mid-summer or so. I will drive it till the 2006 H2 comes out with a diesel, then give the H3 to the wife.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

Andre is off the scale

where did you hear it was comming with a diesel?
Old 12-30-2004, 10:39 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wheelin:
I think I will trade my H2 for an H3 when they arrive here mid-summer or so. I will drive it till the 2006 H2 comes out with a diesel, then give the H3 to the wife. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It most likely won't have a diesel.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:25 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:

It most likely won't have a diesel. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was thinking the same thing.
I just got the Feb Motor Trend mag and I thought they wrote that the H2 would soon follow the H1 with the Duramax.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:08 AM
Banned

Wheelin is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wheelin:
I think I will trade my H2 for an H3 when they arrive here mid-summer or so. I will drive it till the 2006 H2 comes out with a diesel, then give the H3 to the wife. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that sux ass. I thought it was a done deal for 2006, but I am not as plugged in as some of you guys. I was pretty sure it was a solid publication that printed it.

I also read that there would be some body style changes as well that were described as more aerodynamic.

I figure when/if the 2006 H2 shows up with new body stylings and diesel engine, it would surely devalue my 2001 almost immediately. Want to sell it off before that happens.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:16 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Well that sux ass. I thought it was a done deal for 2006, but I am not as plugged in as some of you guys. I was pretty sure it was a solid publication that printed it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marvel Comics is NOT a solid source for Hummer info.

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-31-2004, 04:27 AM

10 MPG is off the scale

2001 H2?
Old 12-31-2004, 10:31 AM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KIDZBOX:
Not sure how the Beemer will handle off road

The 7's a great driver. Obviously a totally different experience in its own right. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
well my X5 handles the graded roads like a Champ.
Old 12-31-2004, 12:52 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

originally posted by DennisAJC,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Marvel Comics is NOT a solid source for Hummer info. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
It is if you have a 2001 H2

originally posted by Wheelin
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I figure when/if the 2006 H2 shows up with new body stylings and diesel engine, it would surely devalue my 2001 almost immediately. Want to sell it off before that happens. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-31-2004, 04:14 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well that sux ass. I thought it was a done deal for 2006, but I am not as plugged in as some of you guys. I was pretty sure it was a solid publication that printed it.

I also read that there would be some body style changes as well that were described as more aerodynamic.

I figure when/if the 2006 H2 shows up with new body stylings and diesel engine, it would surely devalue my 2001 almost immediately. Want to sell it off before that happens. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are trading your 2001 H2 for an H3??
Good for you!
Be sure to let us know how that turns out!

Old 12-31-2004, 09:03 PM
Banned

Wheelin is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NJ H2:
You are trading your 2001 H2 for an H3??
Good for you!
Be sure to let us know how that turns out! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, sorry, my typo. My H2 is a 2003 or maybe it really is a super top secret 2001 production model.