H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H3

Old 07-22-2006, 10:12 PM
Hummer Novice

azsidewinder is on a distinguished road
Default 2006 H3 Purchased Yesterday!

Sure do love my new Hummer, wish it had slightly more power, but as soon as I say that I look down to the speedometer and Im doing 55 or 60 when the speed limit is 45 Has Luxury Package and Moonroof with the 6 CD monsoon 200 watt sound, really sounds better than I expected, Offroad Package and Chrome Package, XM Radio, Onstar equiped with Telephone. Gonna do more just havent figured out what!
Attached Images

Last edited by azsidewinder : 07-23-2006 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2006 H3 Purchased Yesterday!

Congrats on the new rig and welcome to the forum.

Where are you located?

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-22-2006, 11:05 PM
Hummer Novice

Hi thanks for the welcome Im from Phoenix Arizona 7th Street and Bell area for those in Phoenix.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:56 AM
Steve - SanJose

Congrats on the well equipped H3. A/C must be getting a good workout this weekend.

S.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

fw888 is on a distinguished road

looks good, congrat...
Old 07-23-2006, 04:39 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations and welcome!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:41 AM
Hummer Novice

Definitely getting a good work out with the Air, was 118 yesterday (record) and was 116 today (record) probably will break a record tomorrow with 114. At least its going down

I can tell you this H3 rocks air conditioning wise, I actually have to turn it down to the 2 setting it gets so cold.

I love the options I got, wanted the Leather so had to go with the Luxury package or have it added to a cloth car for 1600.00
Been a great experience so far. Im definitely a V8 guy and have been concerned about being slightly underpowered but Ill be adding some Exhaust and a intake as soon as I figure out which one I believe is best for my taste. What I dont want is to turn this into is a rice burner sound all the kids have on there Hondas and Hyundis, any suggestions Im all ears but I really want it to make a difference when pulling our quads up north in Heber/Overgaard Arizona which is alot of mountain uphill driving for long stretches. Looking forward to see if this H3 can handle unplowed snow roads with the rear locker. Just ditched a Toyota Sequoia SR5 and it was a great vehicle had a small V8 with a K&N Air Box kit and 3 inch cat back with Flowmaster 50 series mufflers. Had a very throaty V8 sound and got 16 mpg, Id buy another one again, Toyota makes some nice products and they last, at least with regard to the V8 I had, dont know much more about there products, it really wasnt a great 4X4 and couldnt deal with the unplowed snow even with BFG All Terrains on 33's I had considered the new Toyota F5 or F2 whichever its called, but I just really didnt like the way it looked I had the Toyota since 2001 and only added brake pads in 87k miles. Felt bad giving her up but when I drove the H3 I was hooked, theres a feeling you get when your in it, cant really be explained, Im sure some of you know what I mean.

Today I added a Optima Red Top 800 CCA Battery over 670 CCA AC Delco seemed to notice slightly more power believe it or not, with the AC cranked to COLD and the stereo and the Running lights and all the electronic drive train stuff figured it was making a drain on a below par battery, I love the Optima battery, put one thru a Toyota 4x4 Pickup fan blade once and it kept running for 2 weeks afterwards, i replaced it because it was starting to drip goo in my garage, after that I was a believer! Only thing now is the Battery box cover wont work, but Im not used to a stinking battery cover in most of my vehicles! Besides the Red Battery and the Black engine give it a nice look I think without the battery box cover.

Last edited by azsidewinder : 07-23-2006 at 07:09 AM.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I read here that you have to notch out the bottom of the battery box and it will fit.
Maybee someone that installed one will explain ?
I will be getting a optimum battery in the near future, I already had the stock one replaced under waranty.

Congratulations nice color choice
Attached Images

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats and Welcome to the asylum! Great color choice too
Old 07-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Hummer Novice

Thanks I like the color to, initially took home a black one for the 24hr test drive, thought it would look cooler, but after driving it one night every time I got out of the vehicle and closed the door my wife and I both had fingerprints all over the door. We also have a house in the mountains and I use dirt roads to get to our house, so figured Boulder Gray would present better after the dirt roads. I had a black Bronco once and it was a pain in the A## keeping clean. Heres photos if you all care, http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...?&albumid=4863 but it was a nice truck, sometimes really hate myself for getting rid of it, but it was a hog on gas with the 351 motor. Got good money for it when I sold it, so it worked out.

Phoenix, Arizona
1995 Ford Bronco XLT
351 Windsor or 5.8 Liter automatic 4x4
Interior: Grey Leather
Exterior: Black
Mileage: 132k
Modifications
6 Inch Superlift, Prerunner Steering kit, 35 Inch Dunlop RV Rovers - Rims Not sure of the make but they are nice. All Alpine Stereo 600 Watts, 12disc Cd Changer, XM Satellite Radio, to much to list actually.

Also note that the Battery box cover will have to be cut significantly to fit again, it seems the top posts are shorter width wise across the top to fit compared to the AC Delco anyone with experience here Id like to learn! Frankly I really believe changing to the Optima Red Top was the right idea, I definitely feel more power, its also like the tranny shifts smoother now. Batteries didnt use to be a big deal for classic muscle cars now everythings electronic so it just makes sense it would drain the battery even slightly thats why they make h/o alternators now. I have amost a fully restored, minus interior 80 Trans Am 400ci and 400 turbo tranny, everything mechanical has been replaced in the last 2 years and runs like a raped ape, has the 6x heads for car nuts, so it gets it. We pulled the crappy 301 out, thats what came in the 80 TA's because gas and emissions changed this particular year. Just got it painted and it looks great, adding the decals later minus the hood bird, it will look better longer without it and I wont have a hassle when its time to buff it, if I ever have the Need For Speed I have 2 choices. Not bragging just love my toys and Im a car freak! My wife drives a 98 750IL Bmw, its pretty sweet and has a V12.

Trans Am & Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500 very fast bike.

Wifes BMW

Last edited by azsidewinder : 07-23-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Hummer Guru

Does'nt the 80 trans am come with a 403ci ?
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Hummer Novice

No actually up til 1979 the TA came with either a 400, 403 or 455 but in 1980 and 81 the TA's came with a 301, one was turbo charged, and the other was carbuerated, mine was the later and had alot of miles on it like 80k, so when I looked into rebuilding the motor I just decided Id rather have the 400 more than a rebuilt 301 that came in the car. I didnt build it to show I built it to drive it. Once I get the interior redone I might sell it, getting to many toys and I just dont have time for them. Dont get me wrong life is good, and Im thankful every day! Loses some value because I pulled the original motor but realistically who wants a TA with a aluminum Pontiac 301 motor in it, not me!

Last edited by azsidewinder : 07-23-2006 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Hummer Guru

I know oldsmobile not up on the trans ams.Thought they used the 403 in 1980 .The 403 they used was a olds motor.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

The H3 will be a nice addition. I love the 750IL. My dad had one in the early '90s and it was a great car. Very smooth and roomy with a lot of power. That V12 is one smooth running engine too.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Banned

HIHUMMER is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats and Welcome!
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

TomV is off the scale

congratulations !! nice rig(s)
Old 07-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

cool , welcome aboard
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 07-24-2006, 12:06 AM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations and welcome to the club!
Old 07-24-2006, 05:52 AM
Hummer Novice

fourfourto just so you know there were not any 403 motors made in 80's thats when the oil embargo was going on and they pushed manufacturers to stop producing large motors, in most cases we havent seen a motor larger than 350 since the 70's, the 80's killed heavy horsepower. I promise there were NEVER any 403's in any 80 or 81 Firebird Trans Am. Even though this is not a Trans Am site just wanted to offer more info if you care. http://www.iwaynet.net/~gl&lisk/transam.html I dont know much but I know TA's Ive had 6 of them including a 1969 Trans Am, kicking myself in the A$$ daily for letting it go, sold it in 86 for 3400.00 now its worth about 30k!

Last edited by azsidewinder : 07-24-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:42 AM
Elcova Rookie

4x4Fun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsidewinder
fourfourto just so you know there were not any 403 motors made in 80's thats when the oil embargo was going on and they pushed manufacturers to stop producing large motors, in most cases we havent seen a motor larger than 350 since the 70's, the 80's killed heavy horsepower. I promise there were NEVER any 403's in any 80 or 81 Firebird Trans Am. Even though this is not a Trans Am site just wanted to offer more info if you care. http://www.iwaynet.net/~gl&lisk/transam.html I dont know much but I know TA's Ive had 6 of them including a 1969 Trans Am, kicking myself in the A$$ daily for letting it go, sold it in 86 for 3400.00 now its worth about 30k!

I remember, that was why I ordered my 78 Trans Am from Texas as the Cali ones had the Olds 403". And no, I don't have it anymore either. Still have my 1972 Formula 400 that I got new though. mp