H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-18-2003, 07:10 PM

NVR STUCK is off the scale

I think I remember seeing a gas cap cover plate that said Hummer on it somewhere on the board. I did a search and could not find anything. I asked my dealer and he said it does not exist. Can anyone help me out. Where can I get it.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:10 PM

I think I remember seeing a gas cap cover plate that said Hummer on it somewhere on the board. I did a search and could not find anything. I asked my dealer and he said it does not exist. Can anyone help me out. Where can I get it.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:41 PM

Duramax Diesel for H2 is off the scale

Hey check out this phttp://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=5106011751&m=318600449 1ost it might help you out:
Old 02-18-2003, 07:50 PM

Duramax Diesel for H2 is off the scale

Another past post on gas caps: http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=5106011751&m=328601849 1
Old 02-18-2003, 08:33 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

I will be offering these to Forum members only in late March. Price SHOULD be less then $200.00
plus shipping and handling.

Please let me know if you are interested by sending me an email. I will contact you when I have shipment in stock.
SEND EMAIL TO: hummerh2@earthlink.net
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2003, 08:47 PM

Thanks Hummer Man. I thought I was going nuts. I knew I had seen it on the board. How does it mount? Is it the same as the other brands? It would appear to be a brushed aluminum?
Old 02-18-2003, 09:31 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Hey Hummer man. I AM INTERESTED! By the way, is it hard to put on? Just wondering.

I'll Take one

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
Old 02-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Hummer Expert

Very easy 5 minute installation three screws. You still use your Factory Fuel cap and tether.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:59 PM

HeeHaw is off the scale

GOT mine Yet? What's taking so long?

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
Old 02-18-2003, 10:10 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

Hummer Man,
What is it made out of and what kind of finish if any does it have? (i.e. clearcoat)

2003 H2 Hummer, Yellow,Whipple Supercharged, Edelbrock ceramics, catback,18" Ambush w/mudders,lots of goodies!
Y2K Corvette Millennium Yellow Convert/Blk/Blk, B&B headers, B&B Tri-Flo's, H-Tech MAG,GMS MAF, RM Racing TwinFlow, CLB, Window Commander, Euro Tail lights.
1994 Chev 454 Suburban, Blown, Doug Thorley
1970 Trans Am, balanced, blue printed, Hooker ceramics
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

JohnnyBoy is off the scale

I'm interested Hummer Man. Does it have a locking mechanism of anykind? Is it available in Chrome? Please advise!

==================================
'03 Hummer H2 Adv./Lux. Pkgs. Sunset Orange W/Sunroof
Air Spring Susp. Pkg. + 3rd. row seat & DVD System.
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
http://www.haugens.com
CompuStar Auto Security/Remote Starter.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:53 AM

H2Norcal is off the scale

Chrome plated finish and I'm there. This is the best cover yet. I guess it is worth waiting sometimes.

HummerMan, I guess it is safe to say that it is metal and not abs plastic? It looks awful "molded" like. Let us know the finish options.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:29 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

That is one very handsome gas cover, matches the factory wheels. Plastic or metal? BLACK???
Old 02-20-2003, 02:13 AM
Hummer Expert

Thanks to the 75 -100 request I have gotten regarding the fuel door cover. Continue to Email me with your request if you have not done so already. I will have complete information soon on locking mechanism. The finish will be in two styles. Polished CHROME and a BRUSHED finish version. Please be patient and I will answer each one of your Emails.
Old 02-20-2003, 01:33 PM

Harry Leitner is off the scale

Hello,

I was directed to this website thru an email from a customer inquiry. My name is Harry Leitner from AMP Research. Our company manufactures the fuel door pictured for the Hummer H2, as well as for the Mitsubishi Eclipse, Mazda Miata, Ford Bullit Mustang, Excursion, Expedition, etc...We are the OEM supplier for our PATENTED fuel door to many of the OEM's (MAZDA, Ford, Dodge/ Mopar, Mercedes, etc).

I have looked at the Elcova site and found great information on everything Hummer owners are looking for, and great real life feedback. I do not own an H2 yet, but will purchase one in the next few weeks.

There are a few concerns I have regarding the post from Avalanche and HummerMan:

1) These pictures were taken from a confidential release to selected distributors/OEMS/ press agents.

2) I am not sure how they were posted,who posted them, or how they obtained them, but due to the nature of the internet, it is not a surprise to me.

3) AMP Research is not associated in any way with "Hummer Man" or "Avalanche", to the best of my knowledge. I am not aware of their real name, so I can't say for sure...

4) HummerMan has made significant claims regarding our future fuel door for the H2. None of them are accurate!

Please be very careful on who and what you believe on the internet. I do not want to say that "HummerMan" is dishonest, but in this instance, the information he has given, his claim that he will have them by mid March, his price and finish specifications are completely inaccurate/ false!

AMP Research prides itself in being a cutting edge design, engineering, and manufacturing facility that provides innovative solutions to the Aftermarket and OEM automotive industry. ALl our products are engineered to OEM specs and tested to OEM corrosion and durability standards. Our fuel door is patented (multiple times), and has been copied by numerous companies...many examples of fuel doors which infringe on our patent are found on this site, EBAY, and other locations. We have now put an effort in to stop this as many customers think their door is manufactured by us and their quality or engineering is significantly inferior!

I hope this explanation serves as valuable information. It is not intended to discredit any members of this forum. I sincerley like reading posts in various forums to learn more about specific products, especially Elcova.

Thank you again!

Sincerley,

Harry Leitner
ampinfo@amp-research.com
Old 02-20-2003, 02:59 PM

Mega Boris is off the scale

<--- speechless..

I'm sure hummer man and avalance aren't trying to do anything dishonest. Just bring a new product forward. But if this is the Case Mr. Leitner, maybe you could provide some information for us on your fuel doors as there are plenty of interested people here.
Old 02-20-2003, 03:15 PM

I am more than happy to assist people in answering their questions and concerns. I am hesitant to post specific info regarding the Alloy Fuel Door for the H2 but here are some helpful hints:

1) The fuel door will not be available for retail sale for another 6-8 weeks, mainly because we are waiting on tooling. We have injection molded a whole new plastic fuel cup. The cup will come attached to the fuel door; hence installation literally takes 2 minutes (snap in design after removing the stock fuel cup).

2) Finishes are not determined yet, but polished chrome will certainly be one of them

3) The door is manufactured from billet aluminum.

4) Price is not determined yet, but will be competitive.

5)Again, we designed the door to OEM specs; hence the Hummer Logo. It is not certain if this will be in the production unit.

The door pictured is a stereo lithography prototype out of ABS plastic...not the real billet version.

I have attached an actual version of the first actual unit with an anodized satin finish.

Again, I stated in the first post that I am not accusing anyone of doing anything dishonest...I was just very curious how I could receive 30 emails in one day regarding our H2 fuel door when we had not made anything public yet.

I will keep forum members posted on which distribution channels the Fuel door will through.

Thank you again and Best Regards,
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2003, 03:25 PM
Hummer Novice

Colo. H2 is off the scale

Mr. Leitner, will the OEM gas cap still work with the new moulded cup?
Old 02-20-2003, 03:29 PM

Yes Sir!
Old 02-20-2003, 03:47 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Thanks for the info Harry. Will there be a locking door also?