H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-04-2002, 10:31 PM

SONA is off the scale

http://www.marketplace.org/comments/index.html here is the link for anyone who heard the negative comments about the Hummer on Marketplace on the evening of Dec 4. I was appalled that they had three consecutive segments in which each made negative comments about the Hummer. The middle segment ran a 2 minute satire of a mother taking her childrent to the local pool in her Hummer and getting into a shoot out with the local police. I emailed them a comment to the above link and expressed my displeasure with the bad press. The other segments made reference to the "poor" gas milage of the Hummer and another included the Hummer in a story about how the greens had vandlized "SUV"s in some northern states and said the vandles considered it a form of free speech and civil disobedience. So if anyone else heard this broadcast, please join me in emailing the show Marketplace in the above link. Thanks.
\"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid.\" \"Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life
Old 12-04-2002, 10:31 PM

SONA is off the scale

http://www.marketplace.org/comments/index.html here is the link for anyone who heard the negative comments about the Hummer on Marketplace on the evening of Dec 4. I was appalled that they had three consecutive segments in which each made negative comments about the Hummer. The middle segment ran a 2 minute satire of a mother taking her childrent to the local pool in her Hummer and getting into a shoot out with the local police. I emailed them a comment to the above link and expressed my displeasure with the bad press. The other segments made reference to the "poor" gas milage of the Hummer and another included the Hummer in a story about how the greens had vandlized "SUV"s in some northern states and said the vandles considered it a form of free speech and civil disobedience. So if anyone else heard this broadcast, please join me in emailing the show Marketplace in the above link. Thanks.
\"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid.\" \"Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life
Old 12-04-2002, 10:39 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Another example of why taxpayer funded "Public Radio" should come to an end.

Klaus
Old 12-04-2002, 10:57 PM

SJ is off the scale

What the hell is wrong with some Americans and their self-bashing these days?

Japan kills whales, but I don't see any of the Greenpeace and Left-Wing Enviro Whackos boycotting Subaru or Toyota.

My H2 gets 10mpg and I drive 100 miles per week. Explain to me how that is any worse than a person who drives a Japanese car (with 90% foreign content - regardless of assembly location) that may be getting 30mpg, but drives 500 miles per week.

Emissions? Go back and check your stats on how much factories in China, Russia, and other nations pollute. America consumes more oil per capita, but there is a false sense of "evil" in that statistic.

Bottom-Line: Don't push your agenda on me or my family. I'm a God fearing red-blooded American and if you spew your Liberal Proto-Marxist crap about my H2, you'd better be willing to address a nation of millions that share my sentiments.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 12-04-2002, 11:10 PM

SONA is off the scale

I could not have said it better myself. Please email your comments verbatum to Marketplace....
Old 12-04-2002, 11:16 PM

OUSUCKS is off the scale

Get over it...who gives a damn about what public radio says about the H2. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2002, 11:21 PM

SONA is off the scale

*sshole to spray paint the side of my Hummer because he thinks I use to much gas.... Like more then the 18 wheeler on the road next to me. If you don't care what people are encouraged to do by these loosers, that is your choice.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:49 PM

TS is off the scale

geez.. come on people, so someone said something bad about our vehicles.. yes people, that's right.. just a mode of transportation. So what? The Constitution that gives them the right to say whatever they want.. it gives ALL of us the right to say what ever we want. The NPR said the Hummers are gas guzzlers.. not really new news to us. They did a satire on the soccer mom turned bank robber.. so what? I am sure there are many who find South Park offensive.. I happen to love South Park.. so what? Call me liberal, or marxist or whatever.. but I believe in the constitution and for what it stands...if you dont like it.. there are other places to live. OK... I am done with my rant, go back to the bitch session.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:59 PM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

They got an eye-full from me in a very lengthy email!!!

~amy
Move it or Lose it...
Old 12-05-2002, 12:39 AM

SONA is off the scale

I emailed GM as well, just to let them know. Every other special interest tree huggin liberal uses the power of the word, But when us gun lovin, gas hog driving, rockin rollin folks stand up, suddenly were whinning.... what the @*%$
Old 12-05-2002, 01:15 AM
Hummer Guru

The problem I have with this is that here is a group of folks stirring up trouble for us, and they are using our own money (taxes) to do it.

Yes, I believe in free speech - But not when it is not free! It is costing me money. Ever wonder why these folks could not make it without public money? Why no one would hire them in the real world?

NPR public (tax) money needs to be cut off completely and permanently. Make someone other than us pay for their "free" speech.

Klaus
Old 12-05-2002, 02:11 PM

MBK is off the scale

Hey, ease up! NPR may have run a few segments that you disagree with, but do some research before you bash them.

http://www.npr.org/about/place/corps...inancials.html

NPR barely gets any money from our tax dollars.

I don't think it's news to anyone that the H2 is quite thirsty. You can trust people of certain political leanings to harp on that, just as you can trust people of other leanings to harp on the NEA.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:29 PM

SJ is off the scale

I value freedom of speech and I also realize that there will be H2 critics. My above post/point is not based on my taking any offense to the criticism of the H2; rather I am not tolerant of Marxist whackos that aggressively push their agenda on others.

Examples of aggressively pushing an agenda are damaging SUVs or slanderously disrupting sales of GM or Ford. I live (part of the time) in an area filled with numerous people who share the same socio-economic thoughts as prevailing activists from the days of Russia's October Revolution. So I witness the mentality first-hand!

Freedom of Speech - yes, but why bash the H2 in a false sense of environmentalism? How do these same misguided activists get their produce and staples? It is most likely delivered to a retail outlet via an 18-wheeler.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 12-05-2002, 03:41 PM

sheag is off the scale

Sheesh people, ease up on the liberal-bashing. The H2 is also getting criticized by right-wing Christians in their "what would Jesus drive" campaign. It's one thing to rationally and clearly articulate inaccuracies in media reports, but frothing at the mouth over 'commies' on public message boards isn't going to help the H2 image at all. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Shea
"I vote green, but I bought orange"
Old 12-05-2002, 03:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

Happy Hummer is off the scale

No one is forcing these people to buy Hummers. I hate it when these activist go ape S&*T over these vehicles. I traded a 2000 ford excursion with a diesel engine that got 25 mpg on the highway. Now all the activist forced Ford to discontinue the excursion after 2004 because of poor gas mileage. They should just keep their nose out of everyones business.

Stop worrying about the freakin H2 and worry about Iraq and terrorism on the USA!!!
2009 Mercedes C63 AMG
2008 Harley Screamin Eagle Ultra
2006 Wild West Custom Chopper
Old 12-05-2002, 04:23 PM
Hummer Guru

Let's see... NPR BARELY gets any money?

According to their web site, they get 2% from taxpayers. According to their 2000 figures, that amounts to $2,876,432.26.

Maybe that's not much money to you, but it certainly is to me!

Klaus
Old 12-05-2002, 05:30 PM

TS is off the scale

SJ, I feel for you. My point was just that, nobody should be pushing their values on others. But the reality of our world is that the mob mentality is pervasive in humanity, and most of us dont realize when we are acting as such. This forum consists of people who have worked hard to achieve what we have, otherwise we couldnt afford our toys. I assume that also means this forum is made up of above intelligent people, and we shouldn't have to resort to that us against them mentality. We know better, we know it was the diversity of this country that made democracy work and allowed us to achive.

Klaus, I understand where you are coming from. But in my opinion, which I am not pushing on you :-{)}, NPR I think fulfills their mission giving a snapshot of the USA, they have had people on their who could have been wearing pointed white hoods and had swastikas tatood on their foreheads.. as well as the uber-liberal SUV bashing pseudo-intellectual activists.. they also have other programming for t. Something for everyone. Yes, my tax dollars are paying for them, but so are the tax dollars of people who have a different view than me. I chalk it up to democracy at work.
Old 12-05-2002, 05:34 PM

MBK is off the scale

H2 4X4,

3 million bucks is quite a bit of money, but not in terms of percentage. Given that in the last census there were about 217,168,077 people above the age of 16, the 3 million given to the NPR is less than $.02 per year per person.

We may not all agree with the views put forward on any given program (I can tell you there's quite a bit on broadcast TV I don't agree with!), but that doesn't mean we have to close down a dialogue.

For every partisan political argument heard on NPR, there are a host of concerts, readings, and valuable cultural events delivered free of charge to anyone who cares to listen.

As a nation of rugged individuals (and I'm pretty sure that this board hosts a higher percentage of those than many other places!) why can't people let stuff like this roll off their backs? So what if some people you disagree with think your choice of car is wrong? Enjoy your truck!
Old 12-05-2002, 05:39 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

Rugged Individual??? why, thank you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Jim
Red H2 in Texas
Old 12-05-2002, 05:46 PM

sheag is off the scale

Klaus, you described NPR as "taxpayer-funded". 2% of an organization's revenues hardly qualifies them as "taxpayer-funded". Furthermore, NPR's annual report states "NPR receives no direct general operating support from any national or local government source". What they do to obtain that 2% of revenue is compete for federally-funded grants. Is this the "taxpayer funding" you are referring to??

At any rate, even if there was an issue there, $3 mil a year is a drop in the bucket, what is that, 30 cents a year per American? And how much do you spend in gas for your H2? Give me a break, I'm totally with you on lousy journalism, but screeching about how your 30 cents a year is getting spent rings incredibly hollow.

I have no doubt that you can find much more egregious use of taxpayer dollars and far more ridiculous federally-funded grants than the few nickles and dimes thrown to public radio.

At any rate, the point is that people who drive H2s are not all gun-toting nutbars who voted for Ross Perot and completely inappropriately apply the term "marxist", nor are they all knee-jerk liberal granola-crunching Bill-Clinton-loving tree-hugging wackos. The people who criticize H2s similarly do not all fall into one of those two neat little categories.

And if anybody comes near my H2, be it a Jesus-freak or an enviro-freak, I'll kick his ass. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Shea