H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-21-2002, 08:32 PM

KAC is off the scale

I got the call from the dealer a little bit ago - my H2 has arrived. I wasn't expecting it until the end of next week so this is a surprise (a happy one!). It looks like I'll be picking it up on Saturday afternoon after they install the nav system. To say I'm excited is an understatement! My mom's going to go see it in the morning - she lives around the corner from the dealer. I have to go to work - bummer. And I'm 45 miles away from the dealer.

Kim

KAC
Red Adv Series ordered 9/14/2002
Delivery expected by 11/30/2002
Old 11-21-2002, 08:32 PM

KAC is off the scale

I got the call from the dealer a little bit ago - my H2 has arrived. I wasn't expecting it until the end of next week so this is a surprise (a happy one!). It looks like I'll be picking it up on Saturday afternoon after they install the nav system. To say I'm excited is an understatement! My mom's going to go see it in the morning - she lives around the corner from the dealer. I have to go to work - bummer. And I'm 45 miles away from the dealer.

Kim

KAC
Delivery expected by 11/30/2002
Old 11-21-2002, 08:45 PM

OUSUCKS is off the scale

I remember waiting for mine to come in...watching the phone hoping it would ring. I say the hell with the Nav system...go pick that bad boy up tomorrow.
Old 11-21-2002, 10:51 PM

JJ is off the scale

Congrats....

Which Nav system did you purchase?

JJ
Old 11-22-2002, 06:12 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Hey Kim...before you take delivery...make sure they re-align the field-generator matrix with the dilithium grid-array, or else your cross-sections may interfere with the reductive elements in your transponder....I'm sure you've heard this before though....
Old 11-22-2002, 06:17 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Please tell your Mom to be careful and not to leave any finger print on the Hummer, don't push any buttons, don't touch the glass, etc.. unless if your Mom is paying for it, then she can put her palm prints wherever she likes.
Old 11-22-2002, 11:15 AM

KAC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
Hey Kim...before you take delivery...make sure they re-align the field-generator matrix with the dilithium grid-array, or else your cross-sections may interfere with the reductive elements in your transponder....I'm sure you've heard this before though....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Steve - good to see you here! Yep, I got this same advice from a friend on another list [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] !

Good to see you here!!

Kim

KAC
Delivery scheduled for 11/23/2002
Old 11-22-2002, 11:17 AM

KAC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
Please tell your Mom to be careful and not to leave any finger print on the Hummer, don't push any buttons, don't touch the glass, etc.. unless if your Mom is paying for it, then she can put her palm prints wherever she likes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I'm safe with her - not only does she keep a car cover on her Dodge Stratus and insist that my dad keep a cover on his car as well, but she's in awe of Hummers so she'll be careful and no, she's not paying for it, I only wish!

Kim

KAC
Old 11-22-2002, 11:55 AM

KAC is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJ:
Congrats....

Which Nav system did you purchase?

JJ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was torn between the Alpine and the Pioneer but since the dealer has a subcontractor that has experience installing the Pioneer in the H2, I went with getting the Pioneer installed by them and having it all taken care of before I pick it up - this way, I won't have to be without my new baby once I get my hands on it.

I had the Alpine system in an Acura MDX - very nice system. I was hesitant to try something else but I found the owner's manual for the new Pioneer on line and read it cover to cover. It appears to be comparable to the Alpine and has a couple of features the Alpine doesn't - voice activation, larger memory, instant directions home.

I'll take pictures of the install once I get my hands on my truck.

Kim

KAC
Old 11-24-2002, 11:55 PM

KAC is off the scale

It's really here. I've had it a little over 24 hours and love it. It was completely as ordered and the salesman spent a couple of hours going over every single button - he was very thorough. It was even warm enough today to open up the sunroof - that thing is huge!

Kim

KAC