H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-22-2003, 03:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anybody run the Rubicon in their H2 yet? My buddy and I are going to run it mid Oct. If anyone would like to go post here.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:12 AM

crash is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cranky Steve:
Don't worry Crash. Looks like you have perfected the perfect defense aginst Rollie:

http://www.rivercityrockcrawlers.com...op_5102003.jpg

Founding Member of RCRC 4wd Club Scaramento, CA http://www.rcrc4x4.com
Pirate4x4.com Vendor & Toyota Truck and 4Runner Talk Forum Moderator<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, that evil jeep knocked me over, really (don't believe me huh)

Yes, be very carefull with your food, the second night, a bear got my food, all of it, and then had the nerve to leave parts of it down the trail torwards rubicon springs. And the last night, a group across from us had a bear literally rip a seat out of a rig going after a can of nuts(next thing you know they will be going for the beer,lol)

certified H2 tech.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

hognose is off the scale

Guys,
I don't wanna take sides here as I don't believe there is a "right" side of this fence. I have an H2 and I just recently sold a Jeep but no matter what vehicle I drive it all comes down to the fact I love to "get it" off road.

We all get the "inside" jokes in our respective groups. In the threads on "that" site did many of you not notice how hard they trash talk each other? It's all about context, while I may not agree with the exact written word you simply MUST consider the context and the manner in which any given group communicates with each other. People slam MAC frequently but all the "insiders" know how unique and scarily true his perspective is... and the ribbing is good natured! The same thing goes for DRTYFN, he communicates in an impressively open manner many people only use with their closest friends but taken out of context his direct comments could be misinterpreted. (He makes me laugh frequently).

Whatever board you visit there is always a group synergy and tone. Taken out of context in tone or sarcasm many of our own boards postings could be(and have been) taken as very serious rather than the light hearted, or sarcastic, manner in which they were intended.

Whether we agree with the exact statements in some messages or not we have some form of context for postings and automatically apply this "filter" to the way we perceive what is written within our own forums. I would submit, and request, that when someone posts something in their own board, that we all at the very least understand that they also have their own "context" and insider terms that we do not fully understand. Basically, assume the BEST about others, and not the WORST. I could go on but will let it go...

Keith, Steve, or anybody else for that matter, if we ever meet on a trail, let me be the first to extend my hand and offer you a beer, for we all share the common bond of enjoying the outdoors and pushing our vehicle limits off road. If you lead me somewhere I cannot follow...well... I guess that means I owe you another beer and I'll be getting to work on my rig so the next time we hit the trail you'll be the one getting winched out....by me...;-)

Chris
Old 09-24-2003, 01:17 AM

DocH2 is off the scale

H2Norcal,

Thanks for organizing this past weekend. Also a special thanx to Chris and Dax for spotting us.

To those of you that weren't there an idea of what it was like for another virgin of off road, I wouldn't have done it without experienced spotters. I watched Tanvir go down a heavily rocked area and scrape the entire section with his undercarriage. Pretty scary for me as I don't want to depreciate my H2 all in one weekend!

By the time the spotters got us down the hill I was taking the path less traveled and taking more risk than was necessary due to new found confidence. Dax swore that we did nearly a 50% sidehill grade! He said it exceeded factory specs but that our H2's handled it ... very, very slowly.

We took our H2's one at a time, stopped then watched the next H2 come down. This took a long time in some sections. Going back out the same way we came in required no real spotting as we all were able to pick our own lines and drove caravan style through the rock gardens.

I know I'm bastardizing the event but it was such a blur of adrenaline. Now I know why people off road. You get the rush of drag racing or road racing on the street but without breaking any laws...just drivelines.

Thanks again Brian.

V
Old 10-07-2003, 08:34 PM

crash is off the scale

look at that rock :drool:

certified H2 tech.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:19 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Cranky,

Nice suggestion on the bears. I just camped with my two daughters about 6 weeks ago at Yosemite. Freakin' bears everywhere. All night we heard the rangers popping them with rubber bullets and these things moaning, not to mention the one directly in front of my tent (app 12') that I happened to run across while my daughter had to take a leak.

If you don't know about bears read up on them. They are all black/brown no grizzlies like the ones that killed the guy in Alaska but they can still do plenty of damage if you corner them.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:14 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

YIKES
Old 10-01-2003, 01:26 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Cranky,

Is that custom built cage??? COOL!

Scary lookin rocks!

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-30-2003, 02:28 PM
Hummer Messiah

I guess we're planning on starting out at Loon Lake and running the whole trail.
Old 09-30-2003, 12:32 AM
Hummer Messiah

FYI to those of you contemplating the Oct 17th Run, two of the techs from Hannah Hummer will be making the trip.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:28 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

[quote]Originally posted by kdio:
Taking a Bath

Photo removed. Sorry NJH2, was strongly recommended to do so - contact me with any questions - jrosoff@h2source.com

[This message was edited by Jason on 10-01-03 at 05:55 PM.]

Old 09-30-2003, 09:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2 TOIE is off the scale

kdio we have always traveled from loon lake to tahoe and the trail after observation point while rocky is a lot easier than the rest of the trail was.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:46 PM

argonaut is off the scale

DRTY, Looks like I am now free that weekend. Sounds very tempting, especially with techs around if anything breaks as I am extremely incompetent with a wrench... email me with the details @ argonaut3@comcast.net

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5
Old 09-30-2003, 09:09 PM
Hummer Professional

Cranky Steve is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Old Scout:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kdio:
Taking a Bath

03 H2 Sunset Orange Polished Magna Charger w headers & cold air intake, 37" MTRs w Weld Mountain Crushers, GPS Nav. & 2 rear LCD TVs w DVD, Extreme Tube steps<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why are you driving your greasy rig into a pristine Miller Lake?

Nice way to show you know how to tread lighlty! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto!

Here are a few links to help folks new to the Rubicon learn how to perserve and protect it:

http://www.delalbright.com/Rubicon/rubicon_ethics.htm

http://www.delalbright.com

http://www.delalbright.com/Rubicon/rubicon.htm

Thanks in advance for taking the time to check out the sites!

Bacon!

Official Hummer Forums "Rice Grinder"

http://www.rocknroll4x4.com
http://rubicontrailpatrol.org/index.php
http://www.friendsoftherubicon.com/
http://www.Pirate4x4.com Tool and Shop Talk, Vendor, & Toyota Truck and 4Runner Talk Forum Moderator
Old 09-22-2003, 03:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

Has anybody run the Rubicon in their H2 yet? My buddy and I are going to run it mid Oct. If anyone would like to go post here.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:49 PM

crash is off the scale

Steve, love that pic every time I see it...

certified H2 tech.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:03 AM

blackhawkdown is off the scale

Hey Guys,

I am supposed to be on the 'con this weekend, but if any of you could swing getting out with this group on their Fordyce cleanup (a short drive from Sacramento), it would sure go a long way to show that H2s fit in with the off roading crowd ...

http://pub151.ezboard.com/ffourdice4...etinboardfrm16

If it happens to snow, or my plans change I may head here instead ... Fordyce is a fun trail ... all of the really hard obstacles have bypasses for those that enjoy seeing the extreme stuff, but don't have the confidence to put their on rig through ...

-Dax
'02 Black H1 Wagon
Old 10-09-2003, 01:04 PM

Keith Strong is off the scale

Everyone is invited to join us to run Fordyce trail on a day run Sat Oct 18th. Feel free to email me if you want to hook up with us. kstrongsyj@yahoo.com

www.rps4wd.com
Old 09-24-2003, 12:13 AM

H2Norcal is off the scale

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the unbecoming picture post. You caught me and my son in our dirt bike gear at Pismo. I have some compromising ones of you ya know......

As for the "club", we really aren't much of one but we are doing a bunch of cool stuff with these things.....
Old 10-10-2003, 02:26 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Jason,

You missed one on page 6! Errr...or is that one acceptable, it was quite emotional.

After going through this thread again is like watching Basic Instinct on Skinamax then watching the chop chop version on TBS.

My Video Collectionez