H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-03-2003, 01:14 PM

whipplecharged is off the scale

If anyone is interested I found that xtremeflow.com is selling the Predator Programmer $549.99 plus shipping The web site says $699.99 but if you call them they are selling them cheaper. They also have about 30 in stock.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:26 PM

Lil Devil is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whipplesupercharged:
I would make sure that it is for a H2. That price is less than cost.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not less than cost...why do you think that?

----------------------------------------------------------
2002 Vette; Vortex Intake, Vortech S/C, Stage II heads, comp cam (220/220/114/.581), 3.90 gears, 14 inch cross drilled rotors, 170 stat, NGK TR6, B&M Ripper Shifter, Autometer Boost & Fuel pressure gauges on a-pillar, Hotchkis Sway Bars, HRE 543 wheels (F:265/35 R:295/35), Z06 titanium exhaust, RK LT headers, Magnaflow x-pipe, Programming by Morgan Motorsports, 5% tint, AA Frame & Rocker Savers, TB Bypass, Lowered 2", Custom Audio;570 RWHP Dyno Here

2003 H2; 37 inch tires, Manik Off-Road pkg., Airaid Intake, Custom Audio
Old 06-03-2003, 02:50 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

$399.99 from a site supporting vendor:

http://www.lildevilmotorsports.com/c...roducts_id=177

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."
Old 06-09-2003, 01:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

TheGoodHummerMan is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patriot:
"I just don't piss away valuable time in life worrying about such things because I know there really isn't anything I can do about the price...I either pay it, or I don't.

You keep holding your breath and maybe the price will drop...but I doubt it because "dupes" like me keep paying the price.

Maybe you should take your H2 in and have that squeek looked at???"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Patriot,

Unless you are the guy at Granatelli's who sets MSRP, I sure didn't intend to make you angry. But, maybe if I had wasted $170 on a product and someone pointed it out to me, I would be angry to? Angry at myself?

As the saying goes about a fool and his money... Link

Nothing we can do about this? Hardly. We can point out their lousy pricing schemes in Forums like this so people can decide whether they really want to "piss away" their money. If you have already paid the extra price, don't get mad at me - get mad at yourself or even better Granatelli. Or, do as I did when I realized I could have saved about $5,000 on my Hummer by finding a dealer who would have made a GMS deal... I just chalked it up to experience. But, I sure didn't try and defend Hummer dealers who refuse to make GMS deals. Maybe if I would have previously read about how some dealers were doing GMS deals in a forum like this one, I would have been able to save the money? At any rate, an informed public is much better equipped to deal with companies like Granatelli's that practices price gouging. But to condone this type of rip off is NOT any way to make things better. Sure, if you don't care about throwing away a couple hundred bucks at a shot, order a truck load of programmers from the people charging excessively. It's a free country!

Anyone who wants a Predator can, if they do a little work, find it at a reasonable price --- although, the good folks at Granatelli are doing what they can to make it harder. If you work for Granatelli, or any other company that artificially inflates prices on Hummer accessories, I can understand why you would not appreciate my opinion. But, if Hummer owners are shopping for a good programmer at a fair price --- maybe this forum and the messages posted here can save them a couple hundred bucks?

As a "patriot", you must surely appreciate freedom of speach? Or is it freedom to "squeak" as far as you are concerned?

Ed

Hummer Owners: Unite Against Price Gouging!

[This message was edited by TheGoodHummerMan on 06-09-03 at 09:05 AM.]

[This message was edited by TheGoodHummerMan on 06-09-03 at 09:07 AM.]
Old 06-04-2003, 07:26 PM

I have worked in after market parts for many years and I know a lot about prices and how many products places normally have in stock. I bought some parts from Xtremeflow and they took care of me so I ordered a Programmer from them and the price was right.

Sorry Ed for putting you in the awkard position with Jim
Old 06-03-2003, 06:22 PM

Your advertising somthing for alot less than Predator will allow you to.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:02 AM

It not great that the retail price is higher but the cost to the dealers is also higher. The Predator products have a min. that a dealer can advertise it for. But as you know some sell it for less. I'm not saying that I accept or agree with the higher cost but if we want to buy it we don't have much of a choice. Another good example is the Whipple Supercharger the H2 supercharger is $300.00 more than the 6.0 Denali and the 6.0 Escalde kits. There isn't much difference in the kit but it cost more.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:44 PM

Ed and Jim,

I do not work for Xtremeflow. You make it sound as if it is their fault that Lil Devil was called by Granatelli. I just found a good deal on the parts and was letting people know it.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:24 PM

Patriot is off the scale

Ed,

How about sheer number of vehicles in each of the classes you listed?

How many Firebirds, LS-1's, and GM trucks are on the road compared to H2's??

I also think the H2 programming would be VERY special compared to the others just based on the balance of weight, torque, HP, etc.

I do think if Hummer intro's other models that look more appealing...the H2 prices will drop...OR at least there will be better financing, incentives, etc.

Oh...one more thing...remember when VCR's and CD players were $1000.00??? Why was that??? Hmmmm

Finally...."Fair"...no, I agree...not fair. BUT it is the American way...thank God you have the "American choice" NOT to buy it!!
Old 06-09-2003, 09:03 PM

I looked into the Hypertech a few months ago and they told me that it would be about 90 days out. I called again before buying the Predator and they told me it would be 60-90 days. But they also said that they were not dealing with the torque management.

Also the Whipple and Granatelli are different other than the scan tool use on the Granatelli. The Granatelli allows you to go back in and play more with the spark and fuel. The Whipple has pre set settings. It does nothing to add spark or raise rpms for shifting. The Xtremeflow Power Flash will let you change the rpms and the spark for extra hp like the Granatelli, it just doesn't have the scan tool.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patriot:
"This is my last post on this..."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
A patriot that hates people? Ouch! Maybe a good dose of Prozac can help you to stop hating people?

Sure, no hard feelings pal.

First of all: I'll start searching for "two or three others to help with my "cause", and stop complaining over a MERE $170 for a part for a truck that "isn't worth what any of us paid for it". I'm not too sure what it was you were trying to say that I was "bitching" about though, but I'll try and refrain in the future, or until I can get the programmer for free... I promise you that from now on I will avoid pissing away 20 bucks of gas driving around to find a deal to save 10 bucks... Sheesh, I'm getting over it! Thanks for pointing out to me that I feel "GOUGED" because I didn't buy a Predator programmer, and I am thrilled for you and glad that you don't think you wasted $170. I'll try and wave as you blow by me on the next hill while enjoying the your drive train's freedom from TM too! Sure, I'll be glad to buy you dinner --- especially since you spent your last $170 for the programmer.

Wow, I think you might take the world's WRY record for the Wackiest Reply of the Year. You couldn't offer a single fact to justify Granatelli's price gouging, but managed to make any number of unfounded and illogical statements and comments in a half-hearted effort to insult me for not foolishly paying more for a product than it is worth - and then ended the harangue with a "it's just a matter of different opinions" remark.

You know what, I think that it might take a lot more talent to post a message like yours than posting a sensible and thoughtful reply. Way to go!

I'll be looking for you to pass me on the next hill. Hope it's not a double yellow line!

Ed
Old 06-09-2003, 07:47 PM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

Well if you guys will just wait, I would be willing to bet that Hypertech will have one out soon too. That will be the one, they have always had nice products, and say that soon they will have a programmer and air filter..

Also did some checking and the Whipple Programmer and the Granatelli programmer are identical, except that the Whipple does not have the diagnostic feature, and I do not know about you, but if something is wrong with the H2 and the motor, I am sure as hell not working on it with a little box... I will let Hummer fix it.... Just my 2 cents...

*my statments are based on conversations from both Granatelli and Whipple.

BADRAP
03 H2, Lux, Pewter, more upgrades soon..
Houston Texas H2 Hummer Chapter..
badrap@sbcglobal.net
Old 06-19-2003, 10:18 PM

BADRAP is off the scale

I had a Hypertech programmer that I bought a while back for my Chevy and I had to download the info from the truck and send the programmer back to Hypertech so that they could install the proper tuning for my vehicle, worked great after that... Guess that happens..

BADRAP
03 H2, Lux, Pewter, Granatelli Diablo Programmer, Airaid intake, TB Spacer, more stuff soon..
H2 Club - Houston Chapter..
badrap@sbcglobal.net
Old 06-05-2003, 03:25 PM

BADRAP is off the scale

Please check out this thread... I think that will you like this one.. Let me know..

http://www.elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=2826088551&f=4616043161&m=202606883 3

BADRAP
03 H2, Lux, Pewter, more upgrades soon..
Houston Texas H2 Hummer Chapter..
badrap@sbcglobal.net
Old 06-04-2003, 07:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whipplesupercharged: "Ed and Jim, you make it sound as if it is their fault that Lil Devil was called by Granatelli."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa there big fella! I can't speak for Jim, but... I just asked you a simple question.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The GoodHummerMan asked whipplesupercharged: "Just curious, whipplesupercharged, but do you work for xtreme?"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How does that SIMPLE question sound like I am placing blame?

I had just noticed that you have previously promoted them in other topics (nothing at all wrong with THAT by the way) and you seemed to know a lot about them, like how many units they had in stock and the dealer's cost of the programmer...

I refuse to get drug into another pissing match about doubting your affiliation. If you say you don't work for xtremeflow that is good enough for me! And, even if you had said you work for them, I wouldn't have held that against you either. I don't even care if you are related to Andy Granatelli.

It was a pretty simple question wasn't it? And for that matter, I don't even know if LilDevil was called by anyone, so I sure wouldn't accuse xtremeflow of doing it... Sheesh!

Ed

I met Andy Granatelli at the Indianapolis 500 back in the `60s... Great guy and fancy dresser!
Old 06-04-2003, 01:47 AM

JJ is off the scale

Lil Devil,
your sponsorship is appreciated and professionalism noted....

JJ
Old 06-04-2003, 03:20 PM

Detonate is off the scale

Don't appologize Klaus. Not your fault. If anything, you have convinced me to send my business to Lil Devil and NOT xtremeflow...

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder
Old 06-09-2003, 03:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

whipplecharged,

Judging by your name, you're evidently pretty well sold on Whipple? But I think you've provided us with yet another example of charging extra for a product that is similar except that it is marketed for the Hummer H2... I am not surprised at all. There are probably many such scams out there? If a company can get by with overcharging for its products and people PAY extra for nothing, I guess the equipment manufacturers are only taking advantage of suckers...

Interestingly, not ALL manufacturers practice such business practices and are satisfied with "normal" profits instead of gouging their customers. An example? Mangnacharger (Eaton). The kits for the 6.0L GM SUVs like Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade, etc are the exact same price as the kit for use with the 6.0L Hummer H2 engine.

You said: "There isn't much difference in the kit but it cost more." Don't all of these kits have the same basic components for use on the same basic engines... In fact there is no real difference in these kits is there? For me, at least, that alone is a good enough reason for me to NOT buy a Whipple Supercharger. Maybe I'm just strange--- but I object to these highly questionable pricing tactics.

Comparing apples to apples, if it costs me more for an apple just because I'm going to eat it in my H2, I think I'll just tell the apple salesman to take a hike.

Ed
Old 06-09-2003, 07:58 AM

Patriot is off the scale

Ed,

Duped huh??? NO, not at all. I just don't piss away valuable time in life worrying about such things because I know there really isn't anything I can do about the price...I either pay it, or I don't.

People realize they are paying more. And they make the decision based on "wanting" what Granatelli has.

I could sit here and bitch all day about the price but it still won't get me a programmer. So a person has to decide if he/she thinks it's worth it. And each will decide differently.

You keep holding your breath and maybe the price will drop...but I doubt it because "dupes" like me keep paying the price.

Maybe you should take your H2 in and have that squeek looked at???
Old 06-04-2003, 08:40 PM

mbanks21 is off the scale

Hey Lil Devil, who called you from Granatelli? Arent they little nazis over there? I was trying to sell one of "their" programmers on Ebay and they got be suspended and banned from Ebay. Now Ebay wants money from me, good luck!