H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

jersey is on a distinguished road
Default Jersey's H3 and the Tale of 25MPG

As requested I'm starting this thread to openly test the "miracle" fuel additive CA40G. I've stated I've gotten 25MPG. Some have scoffed, some have asked how. Let this thread bare out the truth of the matter.

Test 1 - Start 07-25-08

I filled up my tank and drove from my house to work, however I had a few errands to run before going in and therefore I did not accurately track the mileage. This morning I drove from work about 4 miles to shop for my quiet tires (Thanks for the advice on those by the way) When I finished I stopped and topped of my tank and went to my 2nd home (about 1 mile away from gas station)for some shuteye, just 5 blocks from work. Before going inside I zeroed the trip odometer and took the attached picture this morning. As you can see, It only took 4.40 gallons to top off. Remember, I drove 74mi. to work, then another hour of city driving, uptown to get my sister-in-law, then downtown to drop her off and then uptown to pathmark supermarket and then to work (about 15mi.) and then another 4 miles this AM shopping for tires at Sam's Club in Secaucus(going with the Good Year Silent Armor Wranglers at $162 each + $12 for balance, install and old tire throw away, but probably not until November since I still have decent tread left). So all told, about 93 miles. Divided by the top off 4.40 gallons...

BREAKDOWN

71 Highway miles
22 City miles

93 total miles

21.13mpg using my CA40G

Now remember, I'm topped off, I'm driving 5 blocks to work about an hour from now, in the morning lies a direct trip home where I'll stop and have the tank topped off again 5 blocks from home and I'll upload another image with the receipt showing how much gas was used on the return trip.
My trip home consists of about 3 city miles and about 71 highway miles give or take a mile or two. Either way the trip odometer is set at zero and will include the full actual miles traveled.
Check back tomorrow around noon for the update.
Attached Images

Last edited by jersey : 07-25-2008 at 10:02 PM.