H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-07-2005, 03:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

Nixxxster is off the scale

Vizualogic did make the screen and dcd player for Hummer I even have the brochure.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:46 AM

Jesse is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kodiakz:
I am not familiar with that pac piece--does it allow for switching of 2 separate video inputs? If not, easy to just add a switch. I will call viz tomorrow and see if I can get a schematic for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The PAC VCI-GM2 will bring video to the touch nav screen. They also make an adapter for the 1st generation NAV screens (VCI-GM1). There are two video inputs - one for rear camera - it will auto switch to the camera any time the truck is in reverse. The 2nd input can be activated with a switch. I will let everyone know how it works once I get it all setup.

I hope to add video to the nav screen, backup camera, extra inputs for the rear dvd entertainment, IPOD adapter with touch screen control on the factory nav unit, hands free bluetooth cell phone adapter that will auto-mute the system and use the onstar speaker system.

I want to do this all without any visable changes to the factory setup. Once I get it all working I will be happy to let everyone know the results.

I really appreciate everyone's help so far. I know I am at least heading in the right direction.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:42 PM

Jesse is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kodiakz:
That system came with a modulator?!?!!?!?!? That seems very odd, and almost like it was an afterthought. If you do have an fm mod, it will be easy to get the audio out from the dvd right there. As you examinge the module, you will notice groups of wires bunched together in 2's or 3's with one wire being a shield--these will be your audio and video signal paths. I am not familiar with that pac piece--does it allow for switching of 2 separate video inputs? If not, easy to just add a switch. I will call viz tomorrow and see if I can get a schematic for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kodiakz.... Any word from vizualogic?
Old 12-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Jesse, looks like you will need to do the surgery to the dvd player. There is not an extra input on the module and the screens cannot feed off each other. Just take the dvd player apart and solder a 3 way rca cable directly to the port on top of the player.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 12-08-2005, 01:21 AM

Jesse is off the scale

Jesse, looks like you will need to do the surgery to the dvd player. There is not an extra input on the module and the screens cannot feed off each other. Just take the dvd player apart and solder a 3 way rca cable directly to the port on top of the player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

could I just tap into the wires coming out from the back of the dvd player? It would take some small trial and error to figure out which was the ground and which set of the 3 were the audio and video lines. I called vizualogic today too and they just said it is a simple pass through. Makes sense to me... hopefully that is all I will need to do.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:53 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

If you are able to tap into the wires cooming out of the dvd, you will need to install a dual input a/v switcher. I still believe that it would be easier to tie into the existing aux input on the top of the dvd and utilize that. The only bummer is that both screens will have to watch the same thing all the time.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 12-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ashley is off the scale

Hi

I can confirm the 2006 i saw in CA last week looks IDENTICAL to this, HUMMER Screens and DVD in the box WITH an FM modulator (now i know what it does, not even the rep knew).

Just to clarify, there are 3 inputs, one is the DVD player, one is the input on the screen and another is the input ON the DVD player AND this input is DVD controlled so the DVD only has one output which will either be THE DVD DISC or THE INPUT ON THE DVD PLAYER?

So, are there any other setups that will look so "factory" with the inner cenre box or can i then obtain this (as a part) and fit another into it?

Can you enclose a pic of the HUMMER remote control AND the VIZ boxes as well please i would like to see those, if i can install a VIZ in the head rests with a nice remote AND then install a HUMMER centre box with a VIZ DVD it sounds like you get the HUMMER LOOK with a very versatile entertainment system???

I’m British so if you cant read this its not my fault
Old 12-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

I don't believe that system will be available as a separate purchase yet--it must be ordered from the factory. If you want that look, but more utility, just get the Viz A1000 system with a dvd in EACH headrest and extra aux input.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

Ashley is off the scale

If your on about the HUMMER DVD and screens the UK dealer says he can order it....

Can someone please send a link of the viz screens and DVD
Old 12-09-2005, 06:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ashley is off the scale

Hi

I have to admit, ive just looked at this product "http://www.vizualogic.com/headrest_prod/a1000_a2000/a2000.html" that looks nice, has anyone had this installed?

DVD in each headrest, i assume there connected to each other as you can have an input that says "what DVD thats on other screen"?

Whats the physical video quality like on the screen compaired to the Hummer units?

Shame its modulator sound to the radio, anyway of getting around this (i know its means 2 sound inputs to the radio, once for each head rest.......... but youk now!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

The A2000 only has one dvd located in the passenger headrest. The physical video quality is identical to the hummer one as that is made by vizualogic as well. You can interface the single audio input with the radio directly with a variety of interfaces by Peripheral, Soundgate, BlitzSafe etc. The transmitter that comes with the A1000/2000 actually works very well and most people are happy with it.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

Ashley is off the scale

The A2000 only has one dvd located in the passenger headrest. The physical video quality is identical to the hummer one as that is made by vizualogic as well. You can interface the single audio input with the radio directly with a variety of interfaces by Peripheral, Soundgate, BlitzSafe etc. The transmitter that comes with the A1000/2000 actually works very well and most people are happy with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is odd, there website says "Consumers can select different video options via the remote control (OSD viewable), such as the driver side DVD headrest, the passenger side DVD headrest or an auxiliary port for games."

This says BOTH have DVD players in them????

I assume they are connected together somewhere for this to be able to happen?
Old 12-09-2005, 04:22 PM

RiverRacerX is off the scale

There are two versions available. You can get the monitor with or without the DVD player. I have the version where each monitor has the built in DVD player. You can have a different DVD playing on each side or have either side show on each monitor. There is also a third AUX input on each monitor, so you could have an XBOX hooked up on the right and a Playstation on the left.

They both also have video out, so you can send the signal to any additonal monitors: dash, visor, etc.

The FM audio works well with the headphones, but I have had some feedback issues with the stereo speakers, and also if you are in a heavy metropolitan area your FM frequency may have to be changed to find an open station. I have found on long trips I can come across FM frequencies that outpower my audio forcing me to switch channels.

http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/up...4-h2sut_av.jpg
Waiting for a real one....
Old 12-10-2005, 02:39 AM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

You cannot get the A2000 (9" version) with dual dvds. The 7" A1000 is available with either single or dual. With the A1000 and its game port, you basically have your chioce of 3 sources, but only 2 with the A2000.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ashley is off the scale

Hi

According to their website you can with the A2000, i have sent them an email, I have zero tolerance on incorrect website information. Will get this resolved.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

I have installed many of these kits and I am here to tell you that they only have ONE ONE ONE ONE 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 uno uno une une, that means not 2 dvd palyers!!! YOu are misreading the website. If you go to their site and download the user manual in pdf, it discusses using the integrated dvd PLAYER not players. The SINGLE dvd player is located in the passenger headrest and loads/ejects toward the driver. They don't make one in the driver headrest because it would eject into the a pillar and they don't yet want to alter their manufacturing to make one that exits out the right side of the driver's headrest.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

Ashley is off the scale

I'm not saying you are wrong BUT how can you misread this from their site...

"Consumers can select different video options via the remote control (OSD viewable), such as the driver side DVD headrest, the passenger side DVD headrest or an auxiliary port for games."

I have emailed them about this, if you are correct then the word "DVD" should be replaced with the word "MONITOR".
Old 12-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

We have sold and installed hundreds of the A1000 and A2000 kits; I have never seen nor have I been offered a dual dvd in the A2000. Every time I order an A1000, I know that I have a choice of 1 or 2 dvd players. I think their advertising may be slightly confusing here, or perhaps they were/are planning to introduce a dual dvd system but it does not exist today.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:43 AM

Jesse is off the scale

In case you are still following this thread... I started a new post that follows up on what I was able to accomplish.

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/6711052941