H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

View Poll Results: I am looking for opinions. I just interviewed in Dallas for a job that would allow me to locate in
Pheonix 20 57.14%
Dallas 11 31.43%
Never move that far inland no matter what the deal. 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Orbital H2:
have you been off road lately? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Orbital, doing Jeep Miller trail tomorrow with RonB. He has a red H1 -- if I follow real close, I prob won't get any brushmarks.. Interested?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I lived in Phoenix for a year and loved it! Much better than the coast, except for the summers....too bloody hot! They've got great H2 clubs in both areas, so you won't lose out there... I vote for Phoenix!

'03 H2
Old 06-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

The housing market is crazy most any place but as always it will be worse in some areas than others. I have read report about the national real estate market and they say if you see a house for sale in Orlando, just buy it. The bubble is going to burst before long and hopefully there won't be a lot of people who are very upside down in their houses

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 06-28-2005, 09:16 PM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Orbital, doing Jeep Miller trail tomorrow with RonB. He has a red H1 -- if I follow real close, I prob won't get any brushmarks.. Interested? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wish I could, but too late of notice.
one of these weekends we need to catch up on a trail.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:29 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Not knowing the particulars, stay near the beach. We moved about 40 minutes from it a year ago. Guess what we're doing this weekend?
Old 06-29-2005, 05:01 AM

Spenser is off the scale

I'm in the Real Estate business here in Phoenix. Yes, home prices are soaring, depending on where here in the Valley you will want to reside, plan on spending upwards of $250,000 for a 3 bedroom 2 bath 2-3 car garage home in a nice area. If I can be of assistance, drop me a line.

Kevin (casey.2)
2005 Stealth Gray H2 SUV
Old 06-29-2005, 05:26 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

Seattle if you like girls with hairy arm pits

Dallas and Phoenix both have beautiful women...so does So. Cal! Now I know your motive!
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 06-29-2005, 10:08 AM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

Kacyk,
Just curious, but does your wife have hairy armpits since youre from Seattle?
Old 06-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by casey2:
I'm in the Real Estate business here in Phoenix. Yes, home prices are soaring, depending on where here in the Valley you will want to reside, plan on spending upwards of $250,000 for a 3 bedroom 2 bath 2-3 car garage home in a nice area. If I can be of assistance, drop me a line.

Kevin (casey.2)
2005 Stealth Gray H2 SUV </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish that were the case here

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 06-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Hummer Expert

Hum2 is off the scale

Phoenix...but outside of town!

The traffic sucks in both places, but the drivers are a bit more forgiving in Phoenix. Just my opinion from travels to both cities.

Ric
Old 06-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Hummer Messiah

http://www.city-data.com/city/Dallas-Texas.html

Population (year 2000): 1,188,580, Est. population in July 2002: 1,211,467 (+1.9% change)
Males: 598,991 (50.4%), Females: 589,589 (49.6%)

Crime in Dallas (2002):
196 murders (15.8 per 100,000)
656 rapes (52.8 per 100,000)
8,041 robberies (647.7 per 100,000)
8,125 assaults (654.5 per 100,000)
20,351 burglaries (1639.3 per 100,000)
56,306 larceny counts (4535.4 per 100,000)
18,365 auto thefts (1479.3 per 100,000)
City-data.com crime index = 811.2 (higher means more crime, US average = 330.6)

Races in Dallas:

Hispanic (35.6%)
White Non-Hispanic (34.6%)
Black (25.9%)
Other race (17.2%)
Two or more races (2.7%)
American Indian (1.0%)
Asian Indian (0.6%)
Vietnamese (0.6%)

http://www.city-data.com/city/Phoenix-Arizona.html

Population (year 2000): 1,321,045, Est. population in July 2002: 1,371,960 (+3.8% change)
Males: 671,760 (50.9%), Females: 649,285 (49.1%)

Crime in Phoenix (2002):
177 murders (12.6 per 100,000)
410 rapes (29.2 per 100,000)
4,075 robberies (290.0 per 100,000)
5,561 assaults (395.8 per 100,000)
16,855 burglaries (1199.7 per 100,000)
57,214 larceny counts (4072.4 per 100,000)
25,624 auto thefts (1823.9 per 100,000)
City-data.com crime index = 620.3 (higher means more crime, US average = 330.6)

Races in Phoenix

White Non-Hispanic (55.8%)
Hispanic (34.1%)
Other race (16.4%)
Black (5.1%)
Two or more races (3.3%)
American Indian (2.7%)

I don't really have an opinion. But since I HATE the Cowboys I'd go to Phoenix.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummertech:
Kacyk,
Just curious, but does your wife have hairy armpits since youre from Seattle? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm. Nope, she's completely shaven.
Attached Images

2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)
Old 06-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kacyk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummertech:
Kacyk,
Just curious, but does your wife have hairy armpits since youre from Seattle? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm. Nope, she's completely shaven. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> And very pretty.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

Pinhead is off the scale

Stay by the water you'll be sorry you ever left.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

As far as the crime statistics go, well statistics don't lie. I can't say I know much about where the crime in Phoenix is. But as far as Dallas goes, 95% of that crime is all in the hood. You'd be nuts to move there. But when you move to the nice parts of town, or the nice suburbs, it's virtually crime free. Except for that incident last year where 2 guys broken into an older mans house in the nice part of town to rob him. He then shot the intruders. On the front page of the paper they showed a picture of the guys laying dead in his front yard where they stumbled to and died. That's what happens when you mess with Texans.
Now comes the smart ass comment from drtfn
Old 06-29-2005, 06:16 PM
Hummer Professional

ratesguy is off the scale

It sort of depends on where you will work in either place as to where you will want to buy a house. In Dallas proper you can't send your kids to public school. In Plano you can but the schools are huge. Other areas such as Southlake, McKinney, Frisco, and Colleyville are very good but far from downtown and a large commute. I work downtown and live in an area called the park cities, where schools are superb but housing is VERY expensive. My commute is 10 minutes. Private schools are very good close in and let you live in some very good areas in Dallas that are less expensive than Park Cities; however a good private school is anywhere from 10,000$ to 20,000$ per year. There is no state income tax but property taxes are high(1.50 per mil.) There are offroading oppurtunities close by and wonderful hunting and fishing. I moved here 17 years ago from D.C. and love it.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:23 PM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But when you move to the nice parts of town, or the nice suburbs, it's virtually crime free. Except for that incident </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Seattle if you like girls with hairy arm pits </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understnad the Seattle women, I lived there for an eternity one year, not sure if St Louis or Seattle ranked worse that year in my book. (now granted there are plenty of nice things about each place and I am pretty sure I saw most of them)

I always said that I would rather be poor and liove at the beach than to be rich and live inland, but this opportunity looks too good to pass up (if they give me an offer), get to play with some real high tech toys.

Pheonix seems to have most of the votes here, however Dallas does have some nice advantages such as being able to shoot intruders and not have any questions asked.
I did get a chance to go to down town Fort Worth, there were some real nice toys hanging around there on Saturday night.
decisions....

The job is in Garland and Tempe
Old 06-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Hummer Messiah

As far as the crime statistics go, well statistics don't lie. I can't say I know much about where the crime in Phoenix is. But as far as Dallas goes, 95% of that crime is all in the hood. You'd be nuts to move there. But when you move to the nice parts of town, or the nice suburbs, it's virtually crime free. Except for that incident last year where 2 guys broken into an older mans house in the nice part of town to rob him. He then shot the intruders. On the front page of the paper they showed a picture of the guys laying dead in his front yard where they stumbled to and died. That's what happens when you mess with Texans.
Now comes the smart ass comment from drtfn </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I doubt it. DRTY, myself, or any other gun owning American doesn't want their carpet stained. Shoot the bad guys once or twice so they can die in the yard like dogs. Not in the house.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
DRTY, myself, or any other gun owning American doesn't want their carpet stained. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that what plastic sheeting is for?
Old 06-29-2005, 07:36 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kacyk:
Kacyk,

Hmmmm. Nope, she's completely shaven. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can barely see her armpits behind those MASSIVE CANS!!!

That's what happens when you mess with Texans.
Now comes the smart ass comment from drtfn </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is this "drtfn"?

I was kidding about the homo/Texas thing... damn. For being so tough you guys sure do whine(like little girls) a lot.
Hey, our cops up here shoot just as many skanks as your cops do!! We might even be ahead in the skank score right now. Damn lucky cops. I saaw 2 meth-heads that needed shooting today. And could I shoot them? Nooooooo. god damn it....