H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-02-2005, 02:38 PM

LasVegas is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
What update? Hurry up typing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm hurrying, I'm hurrying!
Old 05-02-2005, 02:51 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

Our thoughts are with you LV. On the Pinzgauer, it was my oil pick-up tube that was loose..caused the same readings....
Old 05-02-2005, 02:55 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Shouldn't you still have pressure even if the bypass failed. It started after the oil change so your filter should not be clogged up with gunk and should still flow oil and I am under the impression the valve opens as pressure builds and "bypasses" the filter. That's a quick and easy thing to check but somehow doesn't sound like it should be the culprit.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hart1:
Our thoughts are with you LV. On the Pinzgauer, it was my oil pick-up tube that was loose..caused the same readings.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Some esoteric readings?
Old 05-02-2005, 03:08 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hart1:
Our thoughts are with you LV. On the Pinzgauer, it was my oil pick-up tube that was loose..caused the same readings.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks Hart. Are you saying it was intermittant like mine....fine one day them lower pressure the next day???
Old 05-02-2005, 03:14 PM
Banned

My vote is the right rear axle seal.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:30 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
My vote is the right rear axle seal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks for the humor..I need it.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:59 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

Stop and go driving the pressure would tend to act as you described. However., steady driving (at higher speeds) with little stop & go, the pressure would stay constant, mostly.

The oil pick-up is the "weak link" with the Pinzgauer.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Banned

Giggle, giggle. Sorry Jonahs. First comparing a 100HP air cooled engine to the H2 and especially one that is designed to keep pumping oil, even at extreme angles is just funny.

Then to say that the pressure vacillates in stop and go driving and then stay constant at higher speeds....... well..... I guess that's not to be expected.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:48 PM

Paragon...well the bypass valve seems to be okay. They're pulling the oil pan now. This mystery just gets deeper and deeper. I'm going over and inspect when the oil pan is off. Like to see the inside of the engine anyway. It just has to be the pump/regulator or pick up....I think??? Guess I'm just trying to convince myself.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Banned

At this point I hope the tube comes out with the pan.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:59 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

I disagree with Paragon.

Air cooled or not, 100HP or 350Hp, the oil pressure must not ever drop to "0" when running. Really a no-brainer...

And this was in fact what was going on with the Pinzgauer. The pump (gear driven) would produce enough pressure at higher speeds/lower gearing to increase oil pressure, while the looseness on the oil pick-up tube was enough to cause a pressure loss when the RPM's were low to medium, so depending on speed or gearing, I got the same readings as you, up and down.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:07 PM
Banned

I disagree with Paragon.

Air cooled or not, the oil pressure must not ever drop to "0" when running. Really a no-brainer...

And this was in fact what was going on with the Pinzgauer. The pump would produce enough pressure at higher speeds/lower gearing to increase oil pressure, while the looseness on the oil pick-up tube was enough to cause a pressure loss when the RPM's were low to medium, so depending on speed or gearing, I got the same readings as you, up and down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Which one, the pump or the sump? The Pinzauer engine has a dual system the sucks and pumps oil through the engine. Otherwise I am not going to argue this stupidity with you in this thread. Jonahs' pressure dropped to zero once and only once, it didn't go from zero to pressure back to zero as you ignorantly state.

Besides, Pinzgauers don't even have a pressure gauge, something you should know if YOU got the same readings.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:21 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

There is only one pick up in the oil pan, just like the H2. That goes, and the second pump can't help you. Like you stated, the second pump is really for continuing the oil supply within the motor at extreme angles, oil that is already within the motor via the pick-up tube.

Once the tube was bolted back down, all was well, pressure wise. This is my only claim.

But please, I do defer to your all knowing knowledge of things, since I am sure you have owned many a Pinzgauer, and not just relying on what google brought up for you. Thanks!
Old 05-02-2005, 08:22 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it didn't go from zero to pressure back to zero as you ignorantly state. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never stated that his did.Never stated that mine did...time to take your meds? Who knows?

Only explained
what happened to me. Hope this helps!
Old 05-02-2005, 09:06 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Besides, Pinzgauers don't even have a pressure gauge, something you should know if YOU got the same readings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine does, as well has most of my Pinz friends. One of the very first upgrades one should get (tack too). "air cooled" no-brainer. Advise: Start thinking out of the box...there is another way....right?
Old 05-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Our thoughts are with you LV. On the Pinzgauer, it was my oil pick-up tube that was loose..caused the same readings.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Our thoughts are with you"??? WTF??? Are you gay or just extremely dramatic?
Old 05-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">it didn't go from zero to pressure back to zero as you ignorantly state. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never stated that his did.Never stated that mine did...time to take your meds? Who knows?

Only explained
what happened to me. Hope this helps! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...? Then when you said the following what did you expect us to think?

Our thoughts are with you LV. On the Pinzgauer, it was my oil pick-up tube that was loose......<span class="ev_code_RED">caused the same readings</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-02-2005, 09:22 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

No, not gay.

However, I really respect LV, he works hard on this forum with tips, upgrades and H2 innovations. He has even unselfishly offered to help me install a CD changer to work with my Nav, no small operation.

So yes, my thoughts and good wishes are with him. If it was in my power to make for a good outcome for him in this situation, I would deliver it for him in a blink of an eye!
Old 05-02-2005, 09:25 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

Never stated this, sorry. Don't know what to tell you.

As I read LV's statements, I don't think he said this, exactly. I'm I wrong? Would not be the first time.