Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 05-09-2008, 04:43 AM
Hummer Authority

Bully13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feelngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Hummer
when this topic gets serious perhaps ill post something serious. until then im feeling like waiting for this to turn more interesting

3Hummer,

Sometimes the toughest thing about feelings is sharing them with others. Sharing your feelings helps you when your feelings are good and when they aren't so good. Sharing also helps you to get closer to people you care about and who care about you. When people talk about feelings, they sometimes use the word "emotions."

You can't tell your friends what's inside your backpack if you don't know what's in there yourself. Feelings are the same way. Before you can share them with anyone, you have to figure out what feelings you have.
Making a list of your feelings can help. You can do this in your head or by writing it out on a piece of paper or even by drawing pictures. Is something bothering you? Does it make you sad or angry? Do you feel this emotion only once in a while or do you feel it a lot of the time?
When you're trying to figure out your feelings, it might help to remember something that happened and think about how it made you feel. Then you can say, "I feel sad when my friend doesn't play with me" or "I feel angry when my brother always wins at baseball." This can help you figure out your own feelings. It also gives the person you're talking with more information about what's bothering you.

The way a person feels inside is important. It can be really hard not to tell anyone that you're feeling sad, worried, or upset. Then, it's just you and these bad feelings. If you keep feelings locked inside, it can even make you feel sick!
But if you talk with someone who cares for you, like your mom or dad, you will almost always start to feel better. Now you're not all alone with your problems or worries. It doesn't mean your problems and worries disappear magically, but at least someone else knows what's bothering you and can help you find solutions.
Your mom and dad want to know if you have problems because they love you and they want to know what's happening in your life. But what if a kid doesn't want to talk with mom or dad? Then find another trusted adult, like a relative or a counselor at school. Maybe this person can help you talk with your mom and dad about your problem or concern.

Once you know who you can talk with, you'll want to pick a time and place to talk. Does it need to be private, or can you talk with your brother and sister in the room? If you think you'll have trouble saying what's on your mind, write it down on a piece of paper. If the person doesn't understand what you mean right away, try explaining it a different way or give an example of what's concerning you. Is there something you think could be done to make things better? If so, say it.
Some kids - just like some adults - are more private than others. That means some people will feel more shy about sharing their feelings. A kid doesn't have to share every feeling he or she has, but it is important to share feelings when a kid needs help. You don't have to solve every problem on your own. Sometimes you need help. And if you do, talking about your feelings can be the first step toward getting it.

Hope this helps....
Old 05-09-2008, 04:52 AM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point

Man that was long winded...I feel thirsty again.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:03 AM
Hummer Expert

BigPoppa1411 is on a distinguished road

whatcha drinking big dad?
Old 05-09-2008, 05:15 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dad
Man that was long winded...I feel thirsty again.
Big Dad,

A daily intake of 3-6 liters of water is required for the normal physiological functioning of the human body, depending on ambient weather conditions and diet (especially salt and sugar intake). The absolute minimum over the long term is about 1.6 liters (600 ml for urine, 200 ml for fecal losses, and 800 ml for losses via the skin and lungs). This includes water contained in food (i.e., it is not essential to drink 1-2 liters of water a day for survival, though it is often recommended for good health).
The sensation caused by dehydration of the body is called "thirst". The sensation of thirst is a dry feeling in the back of the throat and an intense desire to drink fluids. Thirst is regulated by the hypothalamus in response to subtle changes in the body's electrolyte levels, and also as a result of changes in the volume of blood circulating.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:35 AM
Hummer Guru

I knew it, you are so:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking

Hope this helps!

Besides I meant I was thirsty for alcohol!

Old 05-09-2008, 05:36 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppa1411

whatcha drinking big dad?

Knob Creek my brother! On the rocks with a water back!

Old 05-09-2008, 06:07 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Besides I meant I was thirsty for alcohol!
Big Dad,
Alcohol contributes to 100,000 deaths annually, making it the third leading cause of preventable mortality in the U.S., after tobacco and diet/activity patterns. Alcohol is a nervous system depressant, which can affect virtually every organ in the body, since it goes directly into the bloodstream. It lowers inhibitions and impairs judgment, leading to unsafe behaviors, and eventually even death.
Alcohol has many side effects including altering your perceptions, dulling your senses, hindering coordination, and blocking memory functions. If you continue to use alcohol heavily, you could experience stomach ailments, sexual impotence, heart and central nervous system damage, loss of appetite, and blackouts.
When alcohol accumulates in your bloodstream, your errors will increase. Your reaction time slows down drastically, and you find that you are unable to control your vehicle, or other items, as you did prior to drinking. In addition, it creates a false sense of confidence- so you may not realize that you are out of control.
Drinking, even at moderate levels, can put you at risk for serious health and social problems. Alcohol interacts negatively with more than 150 medications, so check with your doctor or pharmacist prior to drinking any amount of alcohol, if you are taking any over the counter or prescription medication. The more heavily you drink, the greater the strain will be on your relationships with family, friends, and coworkers. It could even lead to the loss of your job or committing or being the victim of an act of violence.
If you have to ask yourself if you have a problem with alcohol, the chances are that you do. Many people use alcohol to escape from their problems, or to change their personalities. They have an inability to control their drinking, a high tolerance level for alcohol, and may suffer problems at work or in school as a result. If your family and friends are concerned about your problem, you should be too. It is a sad fact that an estimated 6.6 million children under the age of 18 live in households with at least one alcoholic parent.
You should also remember that alcoholism is just one of the diseases caused by alcohol. This disease can lead to others, such as cirrhosis and cancer of the liver. According to the NIAAA, "alcohol is typically found in the offender, victim or both in about half of all homicides and serious assaults, as well as in a high percentage of sex-related crimes, robberies, and incidents of domestic violence, and alcohol-related problems are disproportionately found among both juvenile and adult criminal offenders".
Help is available through the Alcoholics Anonymous organization. However, "alcohol-related problems are not likely to be reduced by strategies involving single interventions directed solely at the individual," says the NIAAA. "Economic, political, social and environmental forces that work together to encourage and perpetuate these problems must also be addressed."

Hope this helps...
Old 05-09-2008, 06:30 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

Old 05-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm2
Hmmm2,

Popcorn itself is a nutritious snack choice, containing more fiber than snacks made with refined flour. In the standard three-cup serving (the size of a small mixing bowl), air-popped popcorn contains just 93 calories and less than 1.5 grams of fat. But don’t be fooled by pre-popped products labeled “air-popped.??? Although they aren’t cooked with fat, they may be sprayed with fat afterwards, bumping up a three-cup serving to about 170 calories and more than 10 grams of fat.
The confusion really begins when we look at the many kinds of microwave popcorn available. The brand popcorns lowest in fat, like Healthy Choice and Orville Redenbacher’s “Smart Pop??? or “Light Natural,??? have just 45 to 60 calories and one to two grams of fat in a three-cup serving. But if you choose the “theater style??? or “ultimate butter??? types, don’t try to convince yourself it’s health food. A three-cup serving (usually a third or less of the bag) of this type of popcorn has 120 to 135 calories and 8 to 12 grams of fat. And keep in mind that the saturated fat listed is not the only part of the fat that hurts your health. Trans fats raise blood cholesterol and may have other undesirable effects, but they are not specifically listed on the label.
If you eat three cups of sugar-coated popcorn or caramel corn, you’re getting about 400 calories. There may be more nutrition in those calories than in the same calorie equivalent of fat-free cookies, but 400 calories is probably more of a snack than most adults need.
Nutritional information is not widely available about the popcorn sold in movie theaters. A few years ago, one report said that the smallest portions (often six cups, or double the standard serving) contain about 20 grams of fat. The large buckets reportedly contain 80 grams of fat, or almost 130 grams if served with added butter. If true, the fat content in that snack would be comparable to three to five Big Macs or six to 10 candy bars.
Whether the popcorn is eaten in the theater or at home, the size of your portion is the major health issue. The nutrition information on boxes of microwave popcorn is often listed by the cup, or is based on a standard three-cup serving. If you eat the whole bag, equal to three to five of these standard servings, the lightest popcorns provide a moderately reasonable 145 to 300 calories. Eating the whole bag of high-fat versions makes the impact greater, of course: 400 to 500 calories and 35 grams of fat.
Make popcorn a healthy choice by choosing a low-fat version. Air-pop regular popcorn; if you can’t get used to it plain, spritz it with one or two sprays of a non-fat, butter-flavored cooking spray. If you prefer microwave products, sample different low-fat options to find the one you like best. Regardless of what you choose, limit your portions. Pour an appropriate amount in a bowl and seal up the rest if you’re not sharing. Or, look for the smaller packages that are sometimes available. When you go to the movies, get the smallest order and share it. Or, better yet, be kind to your wallet and your health by simply concentrating on the movie without snacking your way through it.

Hope this helps...
Old 05-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Hummer Guru

3Hummer is on a distinguished road

hgaha look what i started! this thread is great

2003 H1 HMCS: Ocean Blue Metallic, Grey Leather Interior

2010 H3 Alpha: Canyon Metallic, Cashmere Interior

2017 VW Jetta S

2012 Cessna 182T Skylane

used to have: 2007 base H3 Slate Blue

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)
Old 05-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm2

Yeah, but Hmmm2- your incessant consumption of popcorn is also driving up the gas prices.

Now I'm feeling a little pissed off.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey speaking of popcorn, now I'm feeling pissed because as a consequence of booming demand for alternative fuels, farmers are replanting acres of popcorn with more profitable crops that go into ethanol and other biofuels.

Prices went up about 40 cents this winter at the Saginaw 8 and Quad complex in Kochville Township, putting the popular medium tub at $4.50, said Shift Manager Josh R. LaFond.

At the Hemlock-based Lloyd C. Zastrow Wholesale Popcorn and Supplies, which supplies the Court Theatre in Saginaw, the cost of a 50-pound bag rose to $16 from $15, said Joyce Zastrow, a Michigan Farmers Hall of Famer with her husband, Lloyd, since 2006.

I love popcorn, damnit!
Old 05-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Feelings

OMG! This thread is too funny!!
Old 05-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP

I love popcorn, damnit!
especially with extra butter!
Old 05-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Knob Creek my brother! On the rocks with a water back!

knob creek is good stuff, i like the sweetness it has.

I was on my 2nd pint of Irish Cream ale. YUM!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:17 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Popcorn good!
peanuts ohhh...
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 05-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Hummer Guru

I'm feeling a bit gregarious today...hmmm.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Humm, I feel gassy.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
Humm, I feel gassy.

I think CP needs a crop dusting
Old 05-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Hummer Expert

ZigsRig is off the scale

I feel this is the gayest thread ever (not involving tower).