H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Hummer Professional

2-H2's has a little shameless behaviour in the past

What & walk...or get caught in one of those little cars??? I don't think so.

Just jack your prices up to coincide with the gas prices & keep on gettin' it. If everyone's prices top out with the gas figures it a wash.

Worst case scenario...everyone become self-employed & right it off.

Just my .02

LC

Old 04-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by 2-H2's:
Just jack your prices up to coincide with the gas prices & keep on gettin' it. If everyone's prices top out with the gas figures it a wash.

LC

I smell inflation...which is inevitable with rising energy cost. It is first felt on the producers side(PPI-producers price index) then dwindles down to consumers(CPI-consumers price index). Inflation=rising home interest rates...BTW, the Fed raising the Fed Funds rate(directly affects the "prime" rate) does not directly increase mortgage interest rates, however inflation does.

Im with Phil....i dont particularly care for paying more for gas...or anything else for that matter. It will not stop me from driving my truck as a please but it doesnt mean i like it.

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 04-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by Boss Hoss:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 2-H2's:

LC

I smell inflation...which is inevitable with rising energy cost. It is first felt on the producers side(PPI-producers price index) then dwindles down to consumers(CPI-consumers price index). Inflation=rising home interest rates...BTW, the Fed raising the Fed Funds rate(directly affects the "prime" rate) does not directly increase mortgage interest rates, however inflation does.

Im with Phil....i dont particularly care for paying more for gas...or anything else for that matter. It will not stop me from driving my truck as a please but it doesnt mean i like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Everything.... EVERYTHING is affected by fuel costs. You don't simply adjust your habits, costs to accomodate. The economy is a slow moving vehicle but it does move. With the fuel prices reaching upward and upward, shipping costs for everything gets higher and higher, travel costs for business gets higher and higher and eventually everything on the consumer end does cost more (as Boss Hoss was stating).

This retards capital investment in business so 5-10 years down the road the economy is still taking a dump because all the money was spent on freight/travel/fuel costs and the direct/indirect results of it.

So, worrying about spending a few quarters more per gallon right now might not seem like much to some, it's going to bite you and everyone else in the ass if it's not brought under control.

It is all about supply and demand, but it's supply and demand of the oil futures that's affecting the fuel costs.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Hummer Professional

Idaho-Hummer is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boss Hoss:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 2-H2's:

LC

Im with Phil....i dont particularly care for paying more for gas...or anything else for that matter. It will not stop me from driving my truck as a please but it doesnt mean i like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Everything.... EVERYTHING is affected by fuel costs. You don't simply adjust your habits, costs to accomodate. The economy is a slow moving vehicle but it does move. With the fuel prices reaching upward and upward, shipping costs for everything gets higher and higher, travel costs for business gets higher and higher and eventually everything on the consumer end does cost more (as Boss Hoss was stating).

This retards capital investment in business so 5-10 years down the road the economy is still taking a dump because all the money was spent on freight/travel/fuel costs and the direct/indirect results of it.

So, worrying about spending a few quarters more per gallon right now might not seem like much to some, it's going to bite you and everyone else in the ass if it's not brought under control.

It is all about supply and demand, but it's supply and demand of the oil futures that's affecting the fuel costs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weeelll its good thing that I get to be on the supply of the equation as well
Old 04-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

h2itis is an unknown quantity at this point

I like it.
A) It keeps ******* tree-huggers off of the road. That's important to me, because when I return,

B) I am driving to Knoxville, TN from SATX. The fewer tree-huggers, the lower my blood pressure. I'll pay a couple hundred for that. My wife doesn't think it's a good example for my son when I'm yanking some prick through the window on the side of the highway to administer a beating.

C) I own VLO, FTO, and a few other oil stocks, so I guess I win even if I lose.

Just wait until Iran cuts off production to the west. I wish we'd just get it over with and take over Venezuela.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Not that it helps with the current prices or inflation, but one benefit with the higher prices is that more and more money is being put into finding more oil here in the states.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 04-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by Idaho-Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boss Hoss:

LC

It is all about supply and demand, but it's supply and demand of the oil futures that's affecting the fuel costs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weeelll its good thing that I get to be on the supply of the equation as well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Weeelll, that's just stupid
Old 04-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Hummer Guru

It just hit $74 a barrel

Old 04-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

h2itis is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
It just hit $74 a barrel

VLO just hit 68.75
Old 04-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Hummer Professional

Whoa job security
Old 04-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Whoa job security

Yes, I think your level of security just went up a bit

Old 04-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

Quote:

Weeelll its good thing that I get to be on the supply of the equation as well

That is great.

I hope they go back to rationing. Then nobody will be on the road.... Well except for maybe... ME
Old 04-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
It just hit $74 a barrel

Still going up.

Old 04-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

kauaiboy is off the scale

it's $3.38 here in kauai, hawaii for regular unleaded. i heard that it will go up 14 cents again next week. it's okay to put regular unleaded gas on the H2 right?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Hummer Professional

will hit $80 a barrel this summer or come very close to it
Old 04-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
It just hit $74 a barrel

Still going up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where are you getting your price updates at?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

lets seee... awww i use my rig to cruz for chicks in vegas..hummmm nope not gonna change my plannn hehehehe
Old 04-21-2006, 03:52 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
where are you getting your price updates at?

Checking with the office. Will find out later where the info comes from.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Hummer Guru

Just checked a site I have in my favorites and they have a link to energy commodities futures. As of 1:28 (quotes are delayed) the last trade was at $74.75. That is down $0.05 from a minute before.