H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-27-2005, 03:12 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Really cool about you guys getting some carnage and laughing about it. It tells alot about the H2 crowd. Glad both Jeepers and Hummers had fun!

We'll all be anxiously waiting for the video!

Next up!!!!......MOAB!

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-27-2005, 04:19 AM

mr.jeepster is off the scale

and bought a set of magnetic sideguards.
QUOTE]

I'm interested in the magnetic side guards, but worried that the fine sand might work under them and end up being more damage to the paint than protection!? Are my fears unfounded? Have you guys used them with good success?
Old 08-27-2005, 11:14 AM
Hummer Professional

Joe is off the scale

wow guess I had that tire thing coming.

2003 H2

Homepage:
http://www.hummerh1.net
Old 08-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by desertfox:
and bought a set of magnetic sideguards.
QUOTE]

I'm interested in the magnetic side guards, but worried that the fine sand might work under them and end up being more damage to the paint than protection!? Are my fears unfounded? Have you guys used them with good success? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are great, no problems here.

We tape them along the edges to ensure that a branch doesn't catch the edge and peel it off. Though in my experience, it had been mostly mud, water and sticks- not sand. The muddy water obviously gets under there if you go in deep enough and a small film is evident just along the edges but no paint problems. I would assume that if sand were to get up in there there wouldn't be any friction as they are magnetic.

You truly appreciate them after a trip when you see all the "pinstriping" on them and see your flawless paint underneath.

http://www.h2source.com/201-133-1.htm
Old 08-27-2005, 12:25 PM

mr.jeepster is off the scale

QUOTE]

They are great, no problems here.

We tape them along the edges to ensure that a branch doesn't catch the edge and peel it off. Though in my experience, it had been mostly mud, water and sticks- not sand. The muddy water obviously gets under there if you go in deep enough and a small film is evident just along the edges but no paint problems. I would assume that if sand were to get up in there there wouldn't be any friction as they are magnetic.

You truly appreciate them after a trip when you see all the "pinstriping" on them and see your flawless paint underneath.

Here in the damn DESERT, every wheeling adventure is a virtual assault on my H2! The sand can be soooooooooo fine - like talc almost - and really abrasive. And the desert plants at this time of year are incredibly dry, brittle and hard - they'll REALLY do a pinstriping job if you're not careful. Thanks for the input - sounds like they really work well for you. Anybody have 'em and use'em out here in desert country?
Old 08-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Elcova Newbie

Damageinc is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they also make them for Jeeps ( magnets )but I haven't seen any. Both of our Rubi's have seriously striped paint...The Ice storm last year destroyed the paint but it made it much easier to hit tougher stuff with the "newness" worn off- literally...
Had a total blast Ol' hiker- "I don't know what happened, I wasn't paying attention" - "That is what happened!!!" I am still laughing at that!
I have been looking around and did notice some anti Hummer comments as well as the relationship of H2 to income and the Jeep as a poor mans Hummer...That stuff really makes me laugh!!!
I think I'd have to pass on the H3- it reminds me of an xterra and I don't really like the looks of the new Grand Cherokee...
It will be an H2 or an Unlimited Rubicon in Orange that I will have lifted 4.5"- this will just fit into the garage.My Other Rubi is a 3.5" lift and I have about 2" to spare ( on 33's) .If I go with the Unlimited, it will be 35's...Lauren is shooting for the Unlimited.( I really want a Lotus Elise but it isn't really practical in the Poconos ).
My garage is only 80" tall...I could stack 2 Loti in there and still have room!
Thanks all for the welcome- we are goning to look at H2's and unlimited's today...

Pic of Jeepers wheeling in my back yard- lots of rocks to practice on and note the orange unlimited...
Damageinc
Old 08-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you came to the dark side. Had a great time with you guys.

Fox, LOVE the avatar.

What was this thread about?
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2005, 12:01 AM

shipbldr is off the scale

The Aug 20 Paragon Video is DONE!!!

With special thanks to Chris and everyone who sent in pictures and video footage.

The final version is compiling and I think bug free.

There is 61+ minutes of very carefully selected and edited video. I have laid in some music at a few key spots. If you are looking for a video to show people you know what its like to go wheel your hummer... you probably need this video.

Everyone is welcome to have a copy and pass it along for non-commercial use.

The final edition of the movie will compile overnight. Tomorrow I will burn a DVD complete with menus and extras. Anyone who wants a copy will be able to get it in 1 of three ways:

1) You will be able to download it off the net in low resolution. Several download site offers have been made. I'll work with these generous folks and post links.

2) I will post and seed both high & low resolution Bittorrents that you can view on your PC or burn to DVD at FULL RESOLUTION (worth the hassle).

3) I will mail out DVD's to anyone who asks for a copy.

Next progress update will be tomorrow night. DVD's, bitorrents, and hyperlinks should be available.

Thanks to everyone who helped. This has come out way cooler than I hoped.

Charles

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 08-30-2005, 12:12 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Sounds Awesome!! We can't wait to see it
Check your PM

Old 08-30-2005, 12:59 AM
Hummer Expert

OldHiker is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 2) I will post and seed both high & low resolution Bittorrents that you can view on your PC or burn to DVD at FULL RESOLUTION (worth the hassle).

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh?
Old 08-30-2005, 01:40 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bittorrents </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BitTorrent

Torrent sharing is about "swarming and tracking", where users download many small bits from many different sources at once. Because this format compensates for bottleneck points, it is actually faster than downloading a large file from a single source.

“Swarming” is about splitting large files into hundreds of smaller “bits”, and then sharing those bits across a “swarm” of dozens of linked users.
“Tracking” is when specific servers help swarm users find each other.
Swarm members use special Torrent client software to upload, download, and reconstruct the many file bits into complete usable files.

Special .torrent text files act as pointers during this whole process, helping users find other users to swarm with, and enforcing quality control on all shared files.

Old 08-30-2005, 10:46 AM

Bittorrent is a free piece of software.

Download and install in 2 minutes.

Click on a weblink we will post in the forum.

A download will automatically start.

The downloading files shared by other people running Bittorrent often approach 300K/sec.

Its that easy.

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl
Old 08-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

I would like a copy on DVD charles thanks

I was also glad to help.

Chris
Old 08-30-2005, 02:30 PM

Bittorrent download now available!

The low-res video file has now been seeded. The high res-version will follow soon.

You can find the torrent file by going to http://www.torrentspy.com. Search for "H2 and Paragon" and it will come right up.

Any help seeding this file will be greatly appreciated!!!

Free Bittorrent software is available at: http://www.bitlord.com

Happy downloading!

Old 08-30-2005, 03:16 PM

Here's a link to the low-res torrent file:

ftp://70.17.254.41/Low-res_Paragon_Hummer.torrent

Old 08-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shipbldr:
Doing the fix just before the explosive ejection of wood the tried to take off my lip...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoever was there that let you try something that (expletive deleted) should get knocked upside the head!
Old 08-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TXSUT:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shipbldr:
Doing the fix just before the explosive ejection of wood the tried to take off my lip...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoever was there that let you try something that (expletive deleted) should get knocked upside the head! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No kidding. I'll stick by my original suggestion: Find a piece of concrete and back into it.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:20 PM

Gosh, you guys warm my heart. And to think that I was pulling my stitches out while you guys were saying such warm and fuzzy things...

Not to everyone downlaoding right now... We just caught a small spelling error and an improper font kern which we fixed. Really minor bugs... but we fixed'em anyway.

New version of video compiling now... will post torrent and link soon. So if you haven't started pulling the last torrent, you might want to wait a couple hours to get started. I'll have the spelling corrected one up by then.

Charles

Old 08-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Hummer Professional

Joe is off the scale

you know what, in my defense since I guess I am the guy who let him do it. I had everyone get out of there trucks and walk the entire line first. I wanted to make sure each and every driver knew what they where getting in to. Charles wanted to do it. Did I think he could make it, no, but he knew what was going on and wanted to try.

2003 H2

Homepage:
http://www.hummerh1.net
Old 08-30-2005, 09:50 PM

No regret on the attempt Joe. So smile.

I was literally withing about an inch of clearance of making it.

If everytime someone told me that I couldn't do something I listened, I wouldn't have my H2.

This week I bought a 12k Hydraulic winch and some other goodies.

This isn't over. I'm going back.